Page 357 of 599 FirstFirst ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 14969
    Kartel/Jeffrey108s is one of ON3P best selling skis. Why would it be odd that some people would want a lighter version to tour with? Similarly, a lot of brands offer increasingly lighter skis in their regular line up. I would not be terribly surprised if some peeps by tour or 50/50 jeff108s just to get an even more nimble ski with less swing weight, even if they would end up being slightly less bomb proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Yep. Thematically, it's spot on.

My only hesitation when it comes to buying them with that topsheet would be that I maybe don't want to be reminded of that stupid fuck whenever I look at the skis.
    It is what it is.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Full Woodsman-line, BG108tours, BGtours and BGs are live! Or, the graphics are - specs to follow in some cases.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021_BillyGoat_800x1500_ceb903f1-a6d6-43ff-a36c-ed22f5c21aeb_1800x1800.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	573.6 KB 
ID:	336532

Unsurprisingly, BG108tours have the same dimensions as a Steeple108s, but should come in a bit lighter. Should be sweet. For reference: 16/17 & 17/18 Steeple 108 geo & weights:
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2020-08-07 kl. 09.30.34.png
Views: 1326
Size:  46.9 KB

Woodsman102 dimensions and weight -> these are def ready to rally and should crush low tide and variable

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-08-07 kl. 09.38.12.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	336533

I think my favorite graphic thus far is Woodsman108tour. Can't wait for some more info on that ski. Wrens are usually bomber graphics wise and geo wise as well, so can't wait for the 102ti and 110pro to drop.

Good job Iggy&team!

Tomorrow will be starting to install weight/specs/copy on all the product pages but the Mera/Jessie and Wrens (Wrens hopefully Monday, Mera/Jessie gonna be a bit longer). Put images live for now so those on custom vs stock fence can start giving the visuals more thought. Still working out expected ship dates on some of the models so will be available for purchase once we have their production scheduled.

Wren Pro will be out with info next week and that production run will be done this month with a custom builder option up next week. Expect we'll build a small number of pairs for our own inventory, but this would be the one shot to build one on custom this year. Same pricing as other customs ($799 with topsheet choice, then a la carte above that).

Top wise - these might still get a few color tweaks as these move from digital to sub but BG 108 Tour, BG Tour, BG, and CD. Enjoyed getting to work in a bunch of old photos of RMNP that my dad took in the early 80s.

Name:	RES_Series_2400_x_3000.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	336535

New Wren pretty cool so hopefully have it all done early next week.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

They're all beautiful. Great job. Now the question is BG 108 Tour or custom 50/50. Can't wait for some weight numbers show up before I make a decision.

New BG’s look so good!

btw - if anybody is grappling with what top sheet to get on theirs customs, yet struggle to find all the previous stock graphics - then worry not, all stock ON3P graphics from 2011 through 2018 can be found here: https://issuu.com/on3pskis

I need help deciding between BG 108 tour and woodsman 108 tour. A lot of my touring is in the spring so hard pack/corn performance matters.

I’ll defer to the on3p experts but I think the consensus is that woodsman is better on hardpack. I’m sure there are a lot of other differences too based on the respective shapes.

As always, it doesn’t hurt to call the factory too - they are insanely helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    I need help deciding between BG 108 tour and woodsman 108 tour. A lot of my touring is in the spring so hard pack/corn performance matters.
    People will likely have different opinions but the RES will ski pow much better and looser than then Woodsman, while the Woodsman will be better on harder snow. I kind of hate how tapered pintails ski firm snow, so that's my bias. If you look at the pure dimensions of the two (which obviously doesn't tell the full story given taper, sidecut profile, etc but it's one data point), it's clear the Woodsman 108 is significantly less pintailed than the BG.

BG 108 tour will likely also make bottomless mank and breakable crust a little less awful than the Woodsman.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Scott & Co. - you guys really nailed the topsheets this year, those BGs are gorgeous!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Yup!! Pretty sure that Longs Peak on the top of the OG BG? Wow! Stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Are previous year's topsheets an option?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    btw - if anybody is grappling with what top sheet to get on theirs customs, yet struggle to find all the previous stock graphics - then worry not, all stock ON3P graphics from 2011 through 2018 can be found here: https://issuu.com/on3pskis

I will leave it to Iggy to give a firm yes or no, their approach in years past has been "you want it we build it". I even asked if it was possible to get the matte, textured top sheets before they became stock, and Iggy&crew graciously acquiesced.

In the past Iggy & crew stocked a lot of the more popular past graphics, or could make them on request aka with you engaging with them during the ordering process asking for a specific top sheet design.

I think the main reason none of the historical graphics are listed in the custom ski builder currently is to keep the number of available graphics somewhat managable, but where past stock graphics are at least to some extent available upon request.

ON3P has sooooo many killer historical graphics that it would be a real shame if they or a selection of them were not made available anymore.

I do wish the stock BG 108 Tour graphics were a little lighter in color to prevent snow sticking to the top sheets. At least the customs aren’t too much more expensive for a different graphic

Cruised on over to the website to oogle and peruse only to find "sold out" looming over the new Billy Goats. Nearly died. Delete that shit Iggy!

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I do wish the stock BG 108 Tour graphics were a little lighter in color to prevent snow sticking to the top sheets. At least the customs aren’t too much more expensive for a different graphic

Same, I'm a little torn. I do feel like it needs a goat though. Need a "white goat" option similar to the white wolf one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

X3. I hadnt been looking in the thread. Stopped in to look at the bg 108 tour to see weight and if it had a light color topsheet

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

New lineup is developing nicely.

If the used ski market could just heat up like the bicycles. I suppose old touring gear will be a hot commodity

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Same, I'm a little torn. I do feel like it needs a goat though. Need a "white goat" option similar to the white wolf one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    You do you, but a white ski for touring pow in the backcountry doesn't play for me!

BTW @iggyskier ... these should be a tshirt.
    Name:  respect grizzlycorn.JPG
Views: 1042
Size:  43.8 KB

The way I describe billy goats is it rolls over everything including (pick an item)

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    T shirt or hat. That is sheer awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Absolutely

Wanted to hop in here as I’m looking to finalize my quiver for 2021.

Me: 30 years old, 5’9” 165lbs. Ski Whistler and Revelstoke. Probably 40 days a season.

I’m a more directional skier. I like to boost things but my park days are behind me.

I daily drive 184 wren 108s and enjoy them. I used to ski 181 Jeronimos for jib stuff, but started finding them too freestyle-y for my
    Way of skiing.

On deep and run out days I take out my Bibby pros, and for touring I have some Ravens that I love.

I’m looking for a low tide ski. I found myself wishing for something a bit more nimble when the snow was hard and I was pushing myself out to tighter trees and rockier steeps. I’m actually considering anything between 96-102 underfoot. Ideally something that’s composed but still fun. If I could take 70% of the wren DNA and make it nimbler I’d be stoked!

Woodsman 102 seems like a natural choice - anyone else got some thoughts?