Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135
Results 3,351 to 3,358 of 3358
    hm, so apparently my current wren108 are softish skis that skis nice. I never noticed - i just thought they were/are awesome I am guessing TGR will approve of these new more manly beasts - though, how much of the flex difference is caused by comparing a 184 to a 189 (under the assumption that the skis get stiffer as they get longer)?

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-wrenegade-108

I had the same reaction... considering I had the 112ís previously with quite a few days on them for comparison. Seems a bit exaggerated IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I lost patience trying to heard cats on organizing another run so we just built 12 more pairs with some of our favorite tops. Will post them up for sale soon.

You could....but you shouldn't.

A bit more than that, especially since we would have to go through a prototyping round or two with them. We had already gone through the design/testing phase with the SuperGoats, so a lot of the work to bring them to production was already done. I'm aware of the interest here. We'll see what happens.

Let us know if that solves it. Obviously our apologies if the base bevel wasn't enough. Skis go through multiple base bevel passes on a belt & then through a dual ceramic edge grinder (DTS-U Pro)....so for something to slip through with no base bevel would be difficult. Hope the bevel solves the issues and helps make the skis easier going for you. If not, let me know.

Also flex wise - as there was uncertainty in the comments above - there haven't been any significantly flex changes on the Wren line in the past couple years.
    Just curious what you risk loosing performance wise by going +1-2cm on the Wrens? Seems like it might make em just a bit quicker to throw around in tight places without loosing much stability or float if any? Does it move you too far out of the sweet spot?

Quote Originally Posted by mda13c View Post
    Just curious what you risk loosing performance wise by going +1-2cm on the Wrens? Seems like it might make em just a bit quicker to throw around in tight places without loosing much stability or float if any? Does it move you too far out of the sweet spot?
    I donít think you will gain a lot. As stated many times before ON3P has their mounting locations pretty well dialed. If you want a ski that is more forgiving in tight spots, go shorter, or look at the Kartel, or Billygoat. And my gut reaction is tail may become a little less easy to release if you go forward. It is not hard at the recommended mounting location to throw your weight forward and pivot on the front of the ski if you want.

- I am here for the stoke

Also keep in mind the context: Scott's statement was in response to someone asking why I wouldn't just mount a Wren forward instead of wanting a burlier Kartel. You'll probably be okay at +1 or less, but it will be very weird mounted anything like a Kartel, which is like +4 to +6 from the line (depending on which lengths you're comparing).

Though again, the Wren is great at what it does, and you won't make it a Kartel by mounting it forward.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

meager stoke

My shorts moved a little bit when I got home yesterday and unwrapped my new W108's! Bindings out for delivery this afternoon, cold temps and snow in the forecast. Going to be a good week! Also, I've come to realize that that mornings are not the ideal time to break the news to the wife that you bought news skis.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrucemac View Post
    Also, I've come to realize that that mornings are not the ideal time to break the news to the wife that you bought news skis.
    So when is the ideal time? Asking for a friend.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

meager stoke

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    So when is the ideal time? Asking for a friend.
    post-coital