Page 486 of 599 FirstFirst ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... LastLast
Results 12,126 to 12,150 of 14972
    Had my BG pilgrimage on a 189asym variety...like UCMERIP has pictured above.... 18 inches+ at Xtal and dumping all day. What an absolutely phenomenal ski...so easy and so loose but you can rage when you want to and shut it down in an instant as long as you keep light shin pressure.

Wow incredible ski, what took me so long....

I’d certainly be interested in buying a pair of the 164 or 166 bulky goats for the older daughter…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Ditto for the wife. ^^

so first day out on 182 BG118s in pretty phenomenal conditions, if a bit poor visability wise.

In a statement that will surprise nobody in this thread - wow - they are great. They are def one of the loosest and easiest to ski pow skis I've ever been on. The next few days will tell how they do variable. They did not feel locked in or hard to handle at lower speeds at all. In fact - they were borderline effortless and telepathic to ski.

I also totally understand Iggy's comment that the BG118 is a better pow ski for most directional skiers than WD116s (or WD118s if such a ski existed). I did the two last runs on WD110s, and while loose, easier to shut down than the previous WD108s and really fun to ski in pow, they are still not as effortlessly loose as BGs - you def notice that tails have a bit more support (no surprise due to mount point and significantly less taper).

As for the inevitable 182 WD110 vs 182 MF108 comparison - their differences are as you'd expect based on WD110s slightly stiffer shovels and less taper which make them bit more supportive, where MF108s are a tad looser. Both are great. And yes, the new 182 WD110 def feels different to the OG108.

So yes, early yet - but thus far -> Iggy&crew knocked it out of the park with the updated WD110 and BG118.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    so first day out on 182 BG118s in pretty phenomenal conditions, if a bit poor visability wise.

In a statement that will surprise nobody in this thread - wow - they are great. They are def one of the loosest and easiest to ski pow skis I've ever been on. The next few days will tell how they do variable. They did not feel locked in or hard to handle at lower speeds at all. In fact - they were borderline effortless and telepathic to ski.

I also totally understand Iggy's comment that the BG118 is a better pow ski for most directional skiers than WD116s (or WD118s if such a ski existed). I did the two last runs on WD110s, and while loose, easier to shut down than the previous WD108s and really fun to ski in pow, they are still not as effortlessly loose as BGs - you def notice that tails have a bit more support (no surprise due to mount point and significantly less taper).

As for the inevitable 182 WD110 vs 182 MF108 comparison - their differences are as you'd expect based on WD110s slightly stiffer shovels and less taper which make them bit more supportive, where MF108s are a tad looser. Both are great. And yes, the new 182 WD110 def feels different to the OG108.

So yes, early yet - but thus far -> Iggy&crew knocked it out of the park with the updated WD110 and BG118.
    kid, not surprised at all and so stoked on your beta…. I had a huge moment of weakness and purchased 192 118s when Iggy posted factory finds…. Will be a couple of weeks before I get out on them but will be rocking my Woods 110s this weekend and will report back…. Thanks again for the review…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641309346.395162.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	399688Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1909.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	399689

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I had a huge moment of weakness and purchased 192 118s when Iggy posted factory finds….
    Man, those look great. Totally understand that not getting them was not an option - they look sensational.

I should also add that the skiing I did today was typical early season pow skiing with some billy goating. Aka the skiing you do when things have not filled in yet, we had rain two days ago, and everything underneath today's 15-20cm of relatively dryish fresh is ice, bumps, holes, trees, bushes, etc. But they handled it with aplomb - so easy to change directions.

I plan on doing back to back runs with WD116s tomorrow - should be fun.

Someone is loving her first Pow day on her new Jessie 102’s. Amazing how much float 102-mm provides when you weigh 105-lbs!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641324589.220262.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	399723
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Who wants a pair of 2015 102 Steeple prototypes still in the wrapper for $325?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
    Last edited by EWG; 01-04-2022 at 06:23 PM.

I really don't need these "skies"... did you happen to find a length on that listing anywhere?

On boulder Craigslist it looks to be an identical listing and is 174.

Excited to join the ON3P tribe with some new Woods 110s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	355CAE0B-8AEB-42EA-A527-1A4C21E32AA3.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	399772
    Slotting them in next to my Mindbender 99’s as a wider more playful but still directional ski. Can’t wait to get out on them

Any PNWers happen to have a spare set of 189 BGs they wouldn't mind renting out for the season (or selling)? I'm coming to terms with the fact I won't see my right ski till spring but don't know I can make it a season goatless

I know we are quite a BG centric group here, and for good reason. However I would like to make a quick shout out to the current J118.

I have been on every vintage of BG, and Jeffrey/Caylor in multiple lengths.

The current J118 is fucking DIALED. Best that range has ever been. This past few weeks have been deep in the PNW. From blower to typical Cascade Concrete. And man have these things been on fire. I think it's the most nimble, best floating, and best crud busting iteration f the design so far. The new tip taper really shines, and addresses some issues I had in the line in past years. The pair I have now is joining the lineup with my J108 from last year as ski's I will keep in the quiver for some time.

If you like a ski that doesn't demand you stay on top of it, won't kick you ass if you get a little back seat, and likes to pop off every wind lip it see's while still handling the chunder with grace. It's definitely a winner.

I think my annual BG/Jeffrey flip flop may be over.
    Training for Alpental

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    I know we are quite a BG centric group here, and for good reason. However I would like to make a quick shout out to the current J118.

The current J118 is fucking DIALED. Best that range has ever been. This past few weeks have been deep in the PNW. From blower to typical Cascade Concrete. And man have these things been on fire. I think it's the most nimble, best floating, and best crud busting iteration f the design so far. The new tip taper really shines, and addresses some issues I had in the line in past years. The pair I have now is joining the lineup with my J108 from last year as ski's I will keep in the quiver for some time.

If you like a ski that doesn't demand you stay on top of it, won't kick you ass if you get a little back seat, and likes to pop off every wind lip it see's while still handling the chunder with grace. It's definitely a winner.

Man, that’s awesome… now I have to get a J118. Maybe I can just watch you ski on yours.

This was the review I’ve been waiting for… Been considering retiring the Caylor’s but was waiting for some feedback on the J118. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    This was the review I’ve been waiting for… Been considering retiring the Caylor’s but was waiting for some feedback on the J118. Thank you!
    My my main complaint with the older skis was there was too much float in the rear of the ski, so it was a little too balanced over the full body of the ski leaving you kind of flat when it came to the overall float, the change to more float in the forebody is definitely noticeable to me on this version, which has really been keeping me dancing between the BG and the Caylor/Jeffrey for years. But the new design/iteration keeps the playful freestyle feel I like, but still handles the crud. The feeling I get is kind of like the Bentchetler that while super fun in the soft, did not hold up to Mt Hood mid-mornings or afternoons. This holds up.
    Training for Alpental

JF118 is soooooo fun. I miss my Kartel 116, but honestly the new version is exactly as you described!
    You should have been here yesterday!

The feeling I get is kind of like the Bentchetler that while super fun in the soft, did not hold up to Mt Hood mid-mornings or afternoons. This holds up.
    Dangit! I haven't even gotten my new BGs yet and you have me lusting after the JF118. The old BC was one of my all time favorite skis, but felt they were too soft for PNW. Sounds like this may be a new competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    JF118 is soooooo fun. I miss my Kartel 116, but honestly the new version is exactly as you described!
    PowTron, can you compare them to your Caylor’s? I have them now, and am seriously considering the new J118 for next year and retiring the Caylor’s. Hoping they’re what I love about the Caylor but without the weight and better tip/tail shape. The Caylor is 1 of the “stompiest” skis I’ve ever ridden, it just begs to pop off every single ripple in the snow.

I'm considering JF118T to compliment my cold dead hands Caylors.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I'm considering JF118T to compliment my cold dead hands Caylors.
    This is an endorsement of all endorsements, IMO.

It’s also where I’m torn… Do I go 50/50 layup on a Jeffrey 118 or stock w/ softer flex. Since the new stock layup is so much lighter than previous, I’m uncertain if I should opt for the Tour Core w/ stock flex or Stock Core w/ softer flex. Both have a nice round flex profile that I really like (my J108’s are stock w/ softer flex, but my BG108t’s are std tour flex). 1st World Problems for sure.

192 Billy Goats like to go down the fall line, fast.

That’s the review

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

That’s the review
    I can concur. Got out on my 192s last week for the first time. I straight lined this runout and thought I was going too fast... apparently I wasn't. Super stable at speed. Wow

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Someone alluded to this recently, but I agree that the Wrens don't get enough love in this thread anymore. Skied the Wren 102 Ti for a number of days in a row out east and they are a fantastic ski for those not fortunate enough to live out west. I've skied numerous ON3P skis and each has a unique flavor, but for someone living out east it is a GREAT ski. I'm 6'2", 175, found the 184 length to be super easy to carve but then release, throw sideways, even found it easy in the bumps because even though it has some metal, it also has that classic ON3P rocker that makes absorbing bumps easy. What's nice is that it preserves the contradictory damp but lively bamboo core that ON3P has perfected while biting on harder surface when you need it to, and still super fun in the soft stuff when it snows a couple inches or on manmade snow. Sure, on pure ice go get a race ski - but when there was some ice but also the hope for anything else including the snow that collects at the side of trails, it was perfect every single day. This is a very easy ski that charges and found myself reaching for it over and over.
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

That’s the review
    Isn't the 192 basically a standard flex SuperGoat minus the Asym at this point?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...