Page 453 of 594 FirstFirst ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    This is exactly what they do. FWIW, all my ON3Ps measure "slighty" big, although true. For example, my 176 Kartels measure to be 176.5 exact, my 191 Caylors measured to be 191.75 exact.
    So a 182 BG will be at least 182.. maybe 182.5 to be exact, which leaves only a difference in 1cm relative to your S7s.. I agree with Iggy, go 182 if the length of your Rossis is perfect
    When you measure your ON3P's are you measuring "as the crow flies" from tip to tail on the top sheet, or are you measuring from tip to tail along the base, including all curvature?

And, I'm curious, for those of you on 182cm (or similarly sized) BG's...do you find that they fight you at all when trying to take longer radius turns on hard pack or deeper snow? Or are they happy? I've been on shorter pow skis (~185cm) from other manufacturers that are not happy when i try to lay down a superg/downhill length turn in open powder bowls...they always try to force shorter ones.

I think some of you may be confusing pro form with spancership.

But then again, the first rule about pro form is...

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    When you measure your ON3P's are you measuring "as the crow flies" from tip to tail on the top sheet, or are you measuring from tip to tail along the base, including all curvature?
    tip 2 tail, farthest points of the ski on a straight tape
    as the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    And, I'm curious, for those of you on 182cm (or similarly sized) BG's...do you find that they fight you at all when trying to take longer radius turns on hard pack or deeper snow?
    No, not at all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	382699

Braaaap. I just bought these

Nice! No brainer if they are reasonably clean.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Nice! No brainer if they are reasonably clean.
    I got into a Wren 108 phase today out of nowhere, with my manic shit..It's not the hottest deal around, but I feel good about the price. 30 days, one mount, barely any damage to topsheet or base. Bindings not included in that price, and eBay charged me 25 for tax after all was said and done, but I get twelve months to pay and that's honestly more important for me right now being broke (er well I dumped ALL my money into investments)

Ridden under another clydesdale over 220lbs, so maybe a bit softer than as-new, but I prefer that. I remember these being pretty fast, I put a few runs on the first year model Wren 108s. I think this 2019 year model is slightly lighter but also stiffer, IIRC, but maybe that was the following 2020 year. I will probably tune them too, I need to get better about tuning skis myself this season.

I didn't give these as good of a chance as I did other Wrens/flat taild On3ps, and I want to get them their fair shot now. I want to put some days on them and get a real feel for them. They are going to battle the Declivity X for mixed snow daily driver too, until I demo something else that will replace. The Dynastar LP105s are a bit much for everyday.
    Last edited by AEvospace; 08-17-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I got into a Wren 108 phase today out of nowhere, with my manic shit..It's not the hottest deal around, but I feel good about the price. 30 days, one mount, barely any damage to topsheet or base. Bindings not included in that price, and eBay charged me 25 for tax after all was said and done, but I get twelve months to pay and that's honestly more important for me right now being broke (er well I dumped ALL my money into investments)

Ridden under another clydesdale over 220lbs, so maybe a bit softer than as-new, but I prefer that. I remember these being pretty fast, I put a few runs on the first year model Wren 108s. I think this 2019 year model is slightly lighter but also stiffer, IIRC, but maybe that was the following 2020 year. I will probably tune them too, I need to get better about tuning skis myself this season.

I didn't give these as good of a chance as I did other Wrens/flat taild On3ps, and I want to get them their fair shot now. I want to put some days on them and get a real feel for them. They are going to battle the Declivity X for mixed snow daily driver too, until I demo something else that will replace. The Dynastar LP105s are a bit much for everyday.
    Yeah that model(2019) is stiffer, but should be the same weight @2300g. Awesome ski and will be super fun to pair with that declivity as they take then same stance. Nice find dude

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Yeah that model(2019) is stiffer, but should be the same weight @2300g. Awesome ski and will be super fun to pair with that declivity as they take then same stance. Nice find dude
    Thanks, I couldn't quite remember the changes. Was looking for a little help there. I knew something was different. I mixed up the stiffer transition with the lower weight transition of 2021 models, and combined the two.

I'm getting in shape now for these bad boys.

If anyone else is looking, I have a pair of Wren 108 184s with demo bindings in Gear Swap.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...tack2-13-Demos

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    If anyone else is looking, I have a pair of Wren 108 184s with demo bindings in Gear Swap.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...tack2-13-Demos
    Quote Originally Posted by peglegger View Post
    Would love some 2018 Wren 108s in 184 if anyone has em. Kapow I assume you've long moved those?
    Check with this guy ^^

Edit; not same year but maybe close enough...

I love my 2018 108s but not enough days on them or knowledge of differences to the 2019 to help get your stoke up. Definitely that unique blend of plenty of stability to charge but not overly demanding such that you can’t get loose and playful on them. Generally easy to shut down speed but they do demand it when they find the fall line. Accelerate quickly. All that said I tend to spend more time on my 2019 W96 given snow conditions here in the east and the 108s feel like a lot more ski. Also not enough time yet on my WD108s to understand the W v WD nuances. I don’t yet see a whole lot of difference from the Woodsmans to the 2017- 2019 Wrens I’ve skied. Love all around.
    Uno mas

thanks for the referral Waxoff. I have a pair of latest generation Wren108s in 184cm (2019-present) with custom Jeffrey 96 topsheet. They are quite minty. Skied about three days on them. For my size they have no speed limit and are insanely fun in open terrain. However, I'm specifically looking for the previous generation (2017-18) because they are slightly softer and should be more manageable in the tighter terrain I generally ski. If anyone has a pair in 184cm I'd be happy to take off your hands or do a trade/partial trade for mine (image below).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.21.39 PM.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	463.0 KB 
ID:	382721  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	382699

Braaaap. I just bought these
    Sick, great find. Then you'll get some Wren 114s and wonder why you'd want to ski anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Sick, great find. Then you'll get some Wren 114s and wonder why you'd want to ski anything else...
    I'm keeping an eye out for the 114s too!

I'm keeping an eye out for the 114s too!
    Good luck, they are out there but hard to find. I found a pair on Denver CL and N1CK went out to snag em for me. Its pricey, but apparently you can also get them built through the custom program.

Good luck, they are out there but hard to find. I found a pair on Denver CL and N1CK went out to snag em for me. Its pricey, but apparently you can also get them built through the custom program.
    I asked an On3p employee about a custom Wren 114, and they said it might happen later this year. I better start saving. I don't need any of these skis, but I want em lol

I have to say I really clicked with my 114s last year. Felt like the silver surfer on them, so slarvalicious. I went stiffer but they don't feel too stiff or difficult to ski by any means. Great skis.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I don't need any of these skis, but I want em lol
    Of all the skis you need, you need a Wren 114

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    I have to say I really clicked with my 114s last year. Felt like the silver surfer on them, so slarvalicious. I went stiffer but they don't feel too stiff or difficult to ski by any means. Great skis.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Same. Just like you, sold my 108s as soon as I got the feel for them. As been said before, its an incredible balance of maneuverability and straight line stability. Its the only ski thats ever given me the same feels as the Garbones, and thats saying a lot.

I have these Declivity X's that also get rave reviews, albeit not many. 2500g/ski, but they seem accessible. This is what X said two n a half years ago

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    192 Armada Declivity X can fucking rip for a soft snow ski. This one blew me away at how smooth and stable it was without giving up float in anything soft. Kinda ruined a bunch of the other new 110-120mm skis for me due to how stable and awesome it was. This should be on many TGR's shortlist. A little cumbersome in tight areas, but still manageable, and very confidence inspiring. Honsetly I'm just saying that to find something bad about it. Damp, smooth, solid, still floats in pow. I skied it on the pre-production mount line, which I'm told is 2cm in front of the production rec line. I would leave it there. I wish I had measured from the tail since it fucking ripped and I might get this in the future.
    However, if a Wren 114s were available, I'd have gone that route for sure. Probably still will, and just enjoy the overlap.

Same. Just like you, sold my 108s as soon as I got the feel for them. As been said before, its an incredible balance of maneuverability and straight line stability. Its the only ski thats ever given me the same feels as the Garbones, and thats saying a lot.
    What do the 114s do better than 108s?

Wish you coulda skied those 191 Wren Comp things I had, for sure they would have been some of your favorite skis. They were much, much stiffer and more confidence inspiring at speed through different snow conditions, than those 196 governors I came down and skied with you on.

What do the 114s do better than 108s?
    The Wren 114 has better suspension and I think the deep rocker profile is better suited to the wider platform. I preferred the 114, but the 108 fit the quiver better at the time.

My gripe with the Wren 114 is that I can’t really justify as many pairs of skis as I want. They just crush everything and are stable but can also pivot surprisingly easily in tight terrain.

I think about a Wren 96 or 102 to go with them but honestly the 114 carves pretty damn well and is likely more stable… they also float great so it’s hard to say I need Billy Goats given that I’m skiing continental snow. Maybe I could do some Jeffery’s as a mess around ski for a change of pace?

Of just ski the 114 and be stoked

I have these Declivity X's that also get rave reviews, albeit not many. 2500g/ski, but they seem accessible. This is what X said two n a half years ago

However, if a Wren 114s were available, I'd have gone that route for sure. Probably still will, and just enjoy the overlap.
    Hey AEvo, not to dirty down this thread, but since the Armada's are already mentioned... If you can't source a pair of Wren 114 and if you wanna go down a somewhat more personal route, don't overlook a +1 cm Praxis BC 190 (i.e. 191). The pair that Keith built for me fits all the bills you're contemplating. I've got a pair of Wren 108 as well, and the overall behaviour is similar. The fat BC's are keepers!