Page 432 of 598 FirstFirst ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 14946
    Nice Rowen - thanks for sharing!

Iggy&crew continue to post past models at remarkably good prices to the Factory Finds - Blems and samples and the Factory Finds - Custom sections on ON3P's website. If you are in the market for a good deal and want some ON3P skis at anywhere between 30% to 50% off, then checking in from time to time is a good idea. The third batch - primarily freeride/touring sample skis and lots of Jeffreys, Kartels and Magnus skis - was made public on Sunday, 50% gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Nice Rowen - thanks for sharing!

Iggy&crew continue to post past models at remarkably good prices to the Factory Finds - Blems and samples and the Factory Finds - Custom sections on ON3P's website. If you are in the market for a good deal and want some ON3P skis at anywhere between 30% to 50% off, then checking in from time to time is a good idea. The third batch - primarily freeride/touring sample skis and lots of Jeffreys, Kartels and Magnus skis - was made public on Sunday, 50% gone already.
    What is a 1" edge overgrind?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    After work ski in June - love how it stays light till 9 here in WA.

Attachment 376720
    Wow that looks fun

Someone grab those leftover 2020 187 Woodsman 108s for $499 before I do something I can't afford. I think 187 would be too short for my fat ass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	377328
    Training for Alpental

My original plan for this summer was to see if I could afford a pair of custom wood102tis. I have regretted selling my wren96s and wren96tis (if not my wren88s), so I've been wanting to get back on a narrower ON3P for a few months now.

The latest batch of blem customs gave me an idea though, why not get something a bit more approachable and easy, something both suitable to larking about on and zoom on groomers with too? I tend to end up with skis that are fairly chargy, so I thought this could be a nice change of pace - capable yet nimble, but hopefully not as turny as say Rustler10s and more balanced than Mantra102s. Think of them at 90% as capable, but more fun. Anyway, that is the goal here - more fun.

Enter Woodsman96 with purple tops, green sidewalls and GrizzlyCorn bases. Very nice. I mounted them with Castified P15s for full FOMO and travel ski mode. I am really looking forward to trying them.

Name:	wood96.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	377389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wood96gc.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	377390

They are just so different from anything I would order through customs - I always go for stock sidewalls and bases - but simply I couldn't resist. Purple is cool too, even if it is not a C&D or BG graphic - and GC bases are pretty damned awesome too. Their flex is as expected and should fit use perfectly.

I am making some changes to the quiver based on the experiences with it thus far - aka consolidating around Castified Pivots for resort use and Vipec/Tectons for touring. The plan is also to reduce the number of skis as I have more than I need, but time will tell if I stay the course. Famous last words eh.

Can't wait to see the 2022 lineup and not ordering more skis...
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 06-18-2021 at 11:35 AM.

How ‘bout we get some details on that Billy Goat and rumored changes so I can decide if I am selling my 189’s to my buddy and buying the first pair of 2022’s?!?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    These are beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    How ‘bout we get some details on that Billy Goat and rumored changes so I can decide if I am selling my 189’s to my buddy and buying the first pair of 2022’s?!?
    More info should be available soon, but yeah, you’re gonna want a new pair or two.
    Last edited by XavierD; 06-18-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Someone grab those leftover 2020 187 Woodsman 108s for $499 before I do something I can't afford. I think 187 would be too short for my fat ass.
    I had just about talked myself into pulling the trigger, checked this morning and they're gone. Can't decide if I'm happy or sad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I had just about talked myself into pulling the trigger, checked this morning and they're gone. Can't decide if I'm happy or sad about that.
    I was inching towards it too lol. It was such a good deal $$

Unfortunately the new BG budget just evaporated into a new trek session build...

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	377512
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    Unfortunately the new BG budget just evaporated into a new trek session build...
    The Session might take the stoke win two months a year, but a set of BGs is more stoke on average throughout the year. You know this.

I'm starting to look into higher end race bikes, sports cars and boats, but a sweet new set of BGs will always take the cake (and for much less $$). I need a fkn restraining order against my new pair, I've been hand fiddling them a few times a week, I can't wait to start skiing them. I already know in the back of mind I gotta get a 2022 pair as well. I make sure to set $ aside for ultimate engineering.
    Last edited by AEV; 06-20-2021 at 09:56 PM.

The Session might take the stoke win two months a year, but a set of BGs is more stoke on average throughout the year. You know this.

I'm starting to look into higher end race bikes, sports cars and boats, but a sweet new set of BGs will always take the cake (and for much less $$). I need a fkn restraining order against my new pair, I've been hand fiddling them a few times a week, I can't wait to start skiing them. I already know in the back of mind I gotta get a 2022 pair as well. I make sure to set $ aside for ultimate engineering.
    Every day is a pow day on a DH rig in the kootenay's... I only own a DH bike and I'm lucky enough to ride consistently from March to December on it. DH is 2/3 of the year, skiing is only 1/3...

I've already got a set 186 BG's and a set of 2019 189’s... Looking to replace my 186’s with the alleged 187’s, but alas the new DH bike is happening now... Now what to do with the new set of pivots just sitting there?

Both a long travel bike and bg's are a must in the nelson area. The level and amount of trails there are something else. Theres something in the water down there for sure

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I was inching towards it too lol. It was such a good deal $$
    Sorry or you’re welcome, Gents. I talked a buddy into this purchase. He’s had a one ski Lhasa Pow quiver for like a decade. He was due.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Sorry or you’re welcome, Gents. I talked a buddy into this purchase. He’s had a one ski Lhasa Pow quiver for like a decade. He was due.
    Seems fair to me. Hope he likes them.

Question on the BG lengths. Been riding OG Super 7 188s, and Bibby 190. Looking for a little better float for powder days in Tahoe area than I'm getting with the Bibby's. The 190s are 186 straight tape measure and don't think I'd like to go any larger. Leaning away from the BG 189s for this reason. I'm 5'11, 205lb and advanced skier. Any reason I would regret going for the 184s?

Definitely go 190. What's the reason you don't want to go larger?

If those Bibbys are looking for a new home soon, I'm interested too.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KM14 View Post
    Question on the BG lengths. Been riding OG Super 7 188s, and Bibby 190. Looking for a little better float for powder days in Tahoe area than I'm getting with the Bibby's. The 190s are 186 straight tape measure and don't think I'd like to go any larger. Leaning away from the BG 189s for this reason. I'm 5'11, 205lb and advanced skier. Any reason I would regret going for the 184s?
    First…throw those 188 OG Super 7’s in the nearest dumpster. What an outdated POS ski.

Next, you are 205 lbs…a 184 BG is not what you need. Go long. If the 189 BG seems like too much ski, keep skiing those POS 188 Super 7’s and continue to have a sub-standard powder day experience.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Yikes... tell me how you really feel haha Wanting to finally make an upgrade and found a deal on used 184s. Anyone have some reasonable feedback please?

I had reasonable feedback, they're too short for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KM14 View Post
    Yikes... tell me how you really feel haha Wanting to finally make an upgrade and found a deal on used 184s. Anyone have some reasonable feedback please?
    Moving slightly away from the "core" TGR crowd, I ski the BG 184s and find them super easy to ski despite weighing significantly less. They flip on a dime and still charge in anything soft. At your weight you'll honestly want the 189s if accessible, especially if you intend them for deep Tahoe days. On the other hand, the 184s will still be a huge upgrade on your super 7's and easy to sell on this forum if you find them short.

Don't worry...nobody ultimately buys just one ON3P ski.....
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

KM14, given your size and stated ability level, the 184s will likely be fine for you. I'm your size and, perhaps a little better skier than you, and prefer 184-length ON3Ps. I've skied better on the shorter ON3Ps and have had lots more fun on them.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.