Page 253 of 594 FirstFirst ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 14839
    It’s official, I just don’t gel with my asym BG. Anyone interested PM me, I will make a for sale post soon. 184cm, 5ish days.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0236.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	272140

The tune on these are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

Name:	IMG_0236.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	272140

The tune on these are much better.
    Not that it matters except graphically, but you've got them on the wrong feet. Glad you got along with them, my DD, Ive been surprised with all the Wren hate around here as of late.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    Not that it matters except graphically, but you've got them on the wrong feet. Glad you got along with them, my DD, Ive been surprised with all the Wren hate around here as of late.

The K108s I have with custom BG top sheets aren't matched to the base graphics. For instance if you put them together to have on3p spelled out on the bases, they are backwards on the top sheets.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post

They are decent skis, nothing too noteworthy. I don’t think I’d add a set to the quiver as it stands. If anything I think the woodsman was a better ski and closer in alignment with the rest of the design philosophy in the On3p lineup.

I think the wren needs metal/more dampening, less tip rocker, more camber and maybe a bit stiffer shovel. It

I wouldn’t call them burly in the least bit. They are very loose and easy going. I was over pressuring the tips pretty easily on the groomers. Finally found the sweet spot, it’s pretty upright. Very fun for 108 ski in pow. Quick in trees.

Additional proof.

Name:	F0514EFF-25AD-4837-83A8-AC83D1826821.jpeg 
Views:	168 
Size:	331.2 KB 
ID:	272149

They are decent skis, nothing too noteworthy. I don’t think I’d add a set to the quiver as it stands. If anything I think the woodsman was a better ski and closer in alignment with the rest of the design philosophy in the On3p lineup.

I think the wren needs metal/more dampening, less tip rocker, more camber and maybe a bit stiffer shovel. It

I wouldn’t call them burly in the least bit. They are very loose and easy going. I was over pressuring the tips pretty easily on the groomers. Finally found the sweet spot, it’s pretty upright. Very fun for 108 ski in pow. Quick in trees.
    I wouldn't call them burley either, I think mine ski pretty playful. I spend most of my time in the trees but find them plenty damp to punch through most chop at high speed. I never feel like they are too soft or that the tips may fold. Haven't skied the woodsman but it sounds like a fun idea. I don't really need a ski much more playful though. I also don't need metal, I'm a pretty average size dude.

They’re easy going but still let you ski fast and powerful, stiff enough for me but I’m pretty light. I love them.

My impressions as well. Wouldn't necessarily add more camber, but definitely less tip and tail rocker. Don't know much about metal, either, but maybe it will improve the ski with more dampening. Hard for me to really comment since I'm not overly fond of traditional mounts.

I'm hopeful with the addition of the Woodsman, the Wren gets shifts back towards its roots a bit. Maybe with the addition of the Magnus, the Kartel will get a bit burlier, too, but that's not likely.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I think the wren needs metal/more dampening, less tip rocker, more camber and maybe a bit stiffer shovel.
    Luckily - a stiffer shovel is already in place in the current iteration of the ski (assuming you are on 2018s based on the graphic), and the metal is coming for 2020. Jubilations!

An altered rocker line or change in splay could be interesting for sure. I for one am very happy with the current iteration, though it def can be improved upon or realigned to help tick more boxes. It will be really interesting to hear how metal will alter how they ski.

I wouldn’t call them burly in the least bit. They are very loose and easy going.
    I do not think anybody is claiming that they are. Easy to ski / accessible traditional mounted skis that powers through varible with gusto seems to be the standard feedback for them.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Hard for me to really comment since I'm not overly fond of traditional mounts.
    Wrens will probably remain as ON3Ps traditional mounted ski line though.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I'm hopeful with the addition of the Woodsman, the Wren gets shifts back towards its roots a bit. Maybe with the addition of the Magnus, the Kartel will get a bit burlier, too, but that's not likely.
    I dunno - I do not really foresee either. The current Wrens have seemingly been redesigned to cater to more than the top 1% of chargers out there and be accessible skis that packs a soft snow punch. It will be interesting to see if for instance the redesigned Commander 108 series will prompt changes to the Wren line - that is if Commaders will be both soft snow and hard snow killers. Time will tell. Again, it will be interesting to see how metal alters how Wrens ski.

The idea of the Woodsman seems to be to free up both Wrens but perhaps more so Kartels to remain in their segments. The Woodsman seems to deliver what a lot of folks have been asking for imo with a lower tail, longer effective edge and being stiffer throughout than Kartels, while also being more center mounted than Wrens. Should be awesome imo. The 108 version sounds like an even better quiver of one ski for the more directional ones of us than Kartel108s.

As for Kartels - unless they add a wider Magnus and renaming aside - why change a winning formula just because some of us want it to be something it really wasn't designed to be? That is, a stiff, center mounted charger. There is always custom for us and the geos are pretty dialed imo I dunno, most reviews lavishes praise on the Kartel/Jeffrey as is, so I agree - a change toward the chargy end of the spectrum seems a bit unlikely. (again, hello mister custom over summer option )

Aka, 2020 should be a spectacular year to be an ON3P fanboi based on geos/shapes alone. Now it remains to be seen if 2020s can top the amazing 2019 range for graphics as well. That will be a tall order imo. In the redesign of the C&D, the introduction of the Woodsman and offering the Magnus in several widths, Scott has really been building what a lot of people have been asking for. I hope their sales reflects that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    As for Kartels - unless they add a wider Magnus and renaming aside - why change a winning formula just because some of us want it to be something it really wasn't designed to be?
    this is exactly how i feel

when i purchased my K108s i was pretty surprised to see how far forward (as compared to my '18 wrens) the rec mount point is, and i was immediately worried i would suffer buyers remorse. i thought "i'll just mount em a few cm aft from rec point". after input from both the crew at on3p and some fine folks here i was talked off the ledge and mounted at rec and i am very pleased with the results, i grab my K108s over any other ski i own and for good reason - they're fun as all hell!!

that said, a main argument from both on3p and tgr was that by mounting outside the rec point i was trying to make the ski something it isn't, which i believe is true. would i notice a 2cm aft difference from rec? maybe, maybe not. and by no means am i saying mounting outside of rec is sacrilege, do what makes you comfortable. there are a lot of folks who mount outside rec with awesome results. point is there are enough options from on3p to satisfy a wide range of skiers, not all skiers but i think that folks who just want to go out, ski and have a blast - on3p has got ya covered

btw - i will be one of the first in line to buy the woodsman. i have a feeling this is the ski i've had my heart set on for a while

Thought I would check in since I was on the fence between k108s and wren 108s this summer, and picked up the wren 108s

I am coming from line prophet 90s and hooooooly smokes have I had a blast this season so far

I just got back from 5 days in SLC and these things are great, super happy with my decision to get the wrens

when does ON3P sell off their demo fleet? a thread from a couple years back indicates late March but nothing from last year...

Well...Just got the news that my ACL and Meniscus both have to be rebuilt and I am done for this year (and probably half of next).

PowTron ski sale about to happen

Anyone needing some 184 Wren 114 or 189 Cease & Desist in mint condition? haha
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Well...Just got the news that my ACL and Meniscus both have to be rebuilt and I am done for this year (and probably half of next).

LAME

Sorry to hear that, man!

Ah, sorry about the injury. Got a good story?

dude! what happened??

You’ll be ready to ski 9 months post op. And you’re strong. You’ll be fine for next season. Don’t sell the sticks!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    You’ll be ready to ski 9 months post op. And you’re strong. You’ll be fine for next season. Don’t sell the sticks!
    ...unless being in the fam guarantees new ones?

Or maybe he'll switch to snowboarding.

Yup. PM incoming. Sorry for the injury. Good luck in recovery.
    Go Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Or maybe he'll switch to snowboarding.
    The thought crossed my mind...for like...2.7 seconds. Then it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Ah, sorry about the injury. Got a good story?
    Two weeks ago at Silverton after four days in a row of powder and soft snow chasing. Last run.

Slow-motion twisting fall when my ski tip buried under 3 feet of heavy pow and got stuck in some rocks after only two turns down the fall line. My body and everything went one way, my left knee went the other way.

Realized that my DIN is always set for falls going super fast and I have never hurt my knees and come out when needed. Being an old man I should have accounted for snow snakes grabbing me when going 2 MPH, I guess.

Hindsight is 20/30.

Vibes man, that blows. PM sent about the skis

Curiosity question that came up when talking with a friend. Anybody know how many pairs of Billy Goats ON3P is currently making and selling per year? Honestly, I have no idea.

Two weeks ago at Silverton after four days in a row of powder and soft snow chasing. Last run.

Slow-motion twisting fall when my ski tip buried under 3 feet of heavy pow and got stuck in some rocks after only two turns down the fall line. My body and everything went one way, my left knee went the other way.

Realized that my DIN is always set for falls going super fast and I have never hurt my knees and come out when needed. Being an old man I should have accounted for snow snakes grabbing me when going 2 MPH, I guess.

Hindsight is 20/30.
    Sucks. To a quick recovery.
    Uno mas