Page 277 of 291 FirstFirst ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 7275
    I have a general question about ski length related to skiier height. I'm very intrigued by the Woodsman, but as a 5'6' (168 cm) skiier noticed that the shortest length the 108 and 116 come in is 177cm which seems a bit long for my height. I know other factors play a role in how long a ski actually feels (design, skiier weight, skiing style, snow type) but the Woodsman's design doesn't seem to suggest it will ski exceptionally short. Not to mention ON3P measures post-press.

I noticed the BG's shortest length is 179cm but I'm guessing that's because Pow skis are typically longer for increased surface area, and this would be the recommended length for someone my size?

Quote Originally Posted by ElementofSurprise View Post
    I have a general question about ski length related to skiier height. I'm very intrigued by the Woodsman, but as a 5'6' (168 cm) skiier noticed that the shortest length the 108 and 116 come in is 177cm which seems a bit long for my height. I know other factors play a role in how long a ski actually feels (design, skiier weight, skiing style, snow type) but the Woodsman's design doesn't seem to suggest it will ski exceptionally short. Not to mention ON3P measures post-press.

I noticed the BG's shortest length is 179cm but I'm guessing that's because Pow skis are typically longer for increased surface area, and this would be the recommended length for someone my size?
    Your skis can only tell how heavy you are, how fast you like to go and how effective you are at bending the ski. Your skis don't know how tall you are. If you're strong, have good form and like to ski fast, then the 177 woodsman shouldn't be a problem for you. Try to find a demo if you can.

I am 180cm tall and ski 186-196 all mountain skis pretty much exclusively. A fundamentally strong, confident skier should be fine skiing a ∆+10cm ski.

+3

Iím about 175cm and prefer my fully cambered skis in the 185cm range. Add some tip rocker and I like them to be a bit longer for all mountain. My pow ski is 196 and my old school Wren 191. I know you are a few cm shorter, but at 168cm Iíd assume the 177cm woodsman would be just right.

Also love the Bodacious vs Billy Goat comparison above. Iím loving the first press (full metal) Bods. That write up makes it sound like Iíd really like the BG for days in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    +3

I’m about 175cm and prefer my fully cambered skis in the 185cm range. Add some tip rocker and I like them to be a bit longer for all mountain. My pow ski is 196 and my old school Wren 191. I know you are a few cm shorter, but at 168cm I’d assume the 177cm woodsman would be just right.

Also love the Bodacious vs Billy Goat comparison above. I’m loving the first press (full metal) Bods. That write up makes it sound like I’d really like the BG for days in the trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I am 180cm tall and ski 186-196 all mountain skis pretty much exclusively. A fundamentally strong, confident skier should be fine skiing a ∆+10cm ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Your skis can only tell how heavy you are, how fast you like to go and how effective you are at bending the ski. Your skis don't know how tall you are. If you're strong, have good form and like to ski fast, then the 177 woodsman shouldn't be a problem for you. Try to find a demo if you can.
    Thanks for all the responses everyone, appreciate it. I'm not the strongest skiier in the world as I'd consider this my first true season, but maybe the Woodsman in that length would force me to correct bad habits. My K96s have been a blast so far, thinking Woodsman 108s would make a nice complimentary piece

It isn't out of the question size wise. How much do you weight/where do you ski? We put a good number of skiers your height on 176cm Jeffreys with good success, which ski a bit shorter than the 177cm Woodsman. One other option, too, might be to consider going with a custom with a lighter fiberglass layup, which we find helps people go up in size in certain cases.

Sizing wise, we'd love to be able to offer some shorter sizes, but gotta be frank...they are a really hard sell for us and we don't need them to keep the factory at capacity. Maybe someday we can get to the point to sustain an expanded size range, but right now not in the cards.

For those who were asking about Woodsman protos, we posted what we are getting rid of on the website - along with a couple demo pairs and such.
    https://shop.on3pskis.com/collections/on-sale
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Your skis can definitely tell how long of a lever your body applies to the skis. That is to say, with all other things equal it's easier to go over the bars when you hit sticky snow if you're 6'4" than if you're 5'4". I subjectively agree that weight is probably the most significant factor, but height absolutely plays a role in how your body interacts with skis.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    It isn't out of the question size wise. How much do you weight/where do you ski? We put a good number of skiers your height on 176cm Jeffreys with good success, which ski a bit shorter than the 177cm Woodsman. One other option, too, might be to consider going with a custom with a lighter fiberglass layup, which we find helps people go up in size in certain cases.

Sizing wise, we'd love to be able to offer some shorter sizes, but gotta be frank...they are a really hard sell for us and we don't need them to keep the factory at capacity. Maybe someday we can get to the point to sustain an expanded size range, but right now not in the cards.
    Hey Iggy, my home base is AZ Snowbowl (snowfall history: https://www.onthesnow.com/arizona/ar...-snowfall.html) so not powder central (and also no way to demo). I do have friends in SLC and Reno so would likely take a trip out to each around once a year. I'm 150 lbs so not too underweight which may help my case. Thanks for the tip on the fiberglass layout.

Yeah I understand it from a business perspective, making a (playful) charger in a shorter length wouldn't sell well outside of the exceptions like my case.

Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    Your skis can definitely tell how long of a lever your body applies to the skis. That is to say, with all other things equal it's easier to go over the bars when you hit sticky snow if you're 6'4" than if you're 5'4". I subjectively agree that weight is probably the most significant factor, but height absolutely plays a role in how your body interacts with skis.
    Agreed, center of gravity will change how much torque you apply to the skis when on edge as well. But end all be all not a showstopper it seems

Next question: Iggy, what are the deets on these graphics??? I keep seeing them in the ON3P insta posts and I need to know more. They're fire.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

Hey Iggy, my home base is AZ Snowbowl (snowfall history: https://www.onthesnow.com/arizona/ar...-snowfall.html) so not powder central (and also no way to demo). I do have friends in SLC and Reno so would likely take a trip out to each around once a year. I'm 150 lbs so not too underweight which may help my case. Thanks for the tip on the fiberglass layout.

Yeah I understand it from a business perspective, making a (playful) charger in a shorter length wouldn't sell well outside of the exceptions like my case.

Agreed, center of gravity will change how much torque you apply to the skis when on edge as well. But end all be all not a showstopper it seems

Next question: Iggy, what are the deets on these graphics??? I keep seeing them in the ON3P insta posts and I need to know more. They're fire.
    I think at 150 lbs you would be ok on the 177cm, but I also think the 19oz might be worth considering. Definitely a good West Coast travel option.

Re: Customs, spring sale/updated builder be live very shortly. I'm still running through all the conditional formatting right now.

Custom wise, we redid all the custom colors, got rid of a bunch of the darker ones (though can be had if you ask), and added some new colors. Also have a couple of new non-color options, along with a couple new bases.

The wolf/eagle graphics are going to be a premium option (aka limited volume, more $) in both the nylon and wood veneer (4 nylon, 2 wood veneer options to start there). We'll also be allowing people to mix & match any two custom colors they wish (again, a premium option, so at an increased price).

As a teaser for now until I get this live:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CustomPreviews_190513.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	282458

RED!

Just imagine how mindnumbingly fast a custom Wren96/108ti with a red top sheet will be. I do not know if I would have the balls to even try something like that.

nice new blue/turqoise/yellow option. Garnet was def a favorite, but if people can just ask for it - more options are all the sweeter.

Light green top sheet with base for the win. Never lose a ski in the pow again.

Love those solid color top sheets.

Those are sweet. Nice work iggy and crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Iím going Woodsman 96 with either the wren 108ti topsheet with clear sidewalls and green base or wood veneer with clear sidewall and clear base

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

awesome selection iggy

dem birds of prey....whoa

Brought back the co-lab camo top sheet! With bases too! Love it... I had those Jeffrey 110's back in the day.

Name:	2020_WoodEagle.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	282672

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

Name:	2020_WoodEagle.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	282672
    That is the best looking ski you've made, imho. Bravo.

Actually, I think that's the best looking ski I've ever seen.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

The only other contender is the wood veneer wolf that they released this year. I would not normally spend extra money for ascetics... but dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That is the best looking ski you've made, imho. Bravo.

Actually, I think that's the best looking ski I've ever seen.

Woodsman 96 vs Wrenegade 96Ti vs a Liberty Origin 96. Contrast and compare please.

Subscribed for the compare and contrast but instead of liberty id like to hear about the wren 96 prior yr.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Custom Ski Sale now live. Discount code = "Custom20".

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    The only other contender is the wood veneer wolf that they released this year. I would not normally spend extra money for ascetics... but dang.

Name:	2020_CustomSkiSale_Instagram-02.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	282704

Hard to pick a favorite between the two. Black Eagle w/ white sidewalls might be my favorite of the new round.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Woodsman 96 vs Wrenegade 96Ti vs a Liberty Origin 96. Contrast and compare please.
    Liberty Origin has an orange-y red mountain scene that evokes the wilderness while suggesting controlled speed. The custom font L shows a subtle attention to detail characteristic of the late modern period.

Both ON3P skis, by contrast, are grey. The grey subtly evokes a loaded gun when paired with the Eagle, a noted symbol of American and Roman imperialism, on the Wren 96 Ti. The Woodsmen by contrast has a fox on one ski and a gazelle (I think) on the other which has hints of a kind of lost innocence.

Seriously though, I know the Wren Ti and Woodsman have been at a few demos but I doubt anyone outside of ON3P knows much about the Wren and Woodsman (though quite a few posts in this thread have already touched on the probable distinction) and I suspect everyone at ON3P doesn't ski regularly on Liberty Origins.

Ahh definitely jumping on this custom sale and grabbing a Woodsman 108. Now just need to decide aesthetics (leaning toward black eagle/white sides).

Maybe a dumb question, but any pic of what the white sidewalls look like IRL? How much does it pop? Currently have an all black custom w/ green sidewalls.

Scott do you hace a picture of the clear sidewall? I know you said Icelantic uses it, just wondering if you have one from the factory.