Page 261 of 290 FirstFirst ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 7250
  1. #6501
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Sick jackattack! Anything fun in the rest of that rack?
    A bunch of skis with metal, mostly Dynastars, and some carbon-y touring skis. Once I bring them all home from the hill this spring I’ll do a quiver pic in the appropriate thread.

  2. #6502
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Pretty interested in these things, you know what kind of waist sizes will be coming out? I know Iggy doesn’t dig all the pre year hype per say but I would really love know more about these things esp with all the crazy good sales on skis this time of year. Your initial reactions is pretty much what I was hoping for.
    I rode a 96 @182cm and my friend tried a 108 @187cm. The ON3P guy said the sizes as of now, these are prototypes so things could change, are 177, 182, 187. I zoned out a bit so not sure if he mentioned anything longer.

  3. #6503
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    They more or less match the wren/kartel waist sizes and run just a little longer. I think Alex said there would be a 191.
    Love it, thanks!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  4. #6504
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    I rode a 96 @182cm and my friend tried a 108 @187cm. The ON3P guy said the sizes as of now, these are prototypes so things could change, are 177, 182, 187. I zoned out a bit so not sure if he mentioned anything longer.
    108 187 sounds bomb, thanks! What kind of tip do they have on em? Any RES or assym here or are they more along the lines of the Wren/Kartel bi radius/elliptical type? Really not trying to instigate unwanted convos but I’m very interested.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  5. #6505
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    108 187 sounds bomb, thanks! What kind of tip do they have on em? Any RES or assym here or are they more along the lines of the Wren/Kartel bi radius/elliptical type? Really not trying to instigate unwanted convos but I’m very interested.
    Looked like Wrenegade tips and tails. Not RES or asym. Beyond that I am just guessing.

  6. #6506
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    2,984
    Woodsman is finally final. Took awhile, though the sizes/waist widths haven't changed since we set out on designing them. No RES or Asym. Some of those earlier protos have pretty Wren-esc taper design (as a baseline) but final is a bit different. Found they skied better with more taper and less EE (sorry long EE guys, but the skis have spoken). We're literally swimming in Woodsman protos right now, so I've been sending people out on them even if they were pretty early on, so they can get an idea on balance and feel.

    Still several weeks away from any sort of detailed public announcement, but I'm excited. Only bit for now, so people can plan a bit with spring sales on:
    116 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    108 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    96 - 172, 177, 182, 187
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

  7. #6507
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    602
    I finally had the chance to try my w114s, even if the conditions weren't really playing to their strengths.

    As you would imagine w114s are not groomer killers - though they are a fair bit more fun that BGs on groomers imo. They like big turns and they like to go fast, but are somewhat sluggish due to their width and weight. Duh - I know. Still, pretty fun when arcing huge turns in mach loony.

    I only got to ride some pockets of unridden dense, wind compacted and somewhat sun baked fresh. During those moments they really shone - or showed glimmers of what they will be like in fresh snow. Think rediculously floaty, easy and very willing to turn and very, very stable. Their rocker lines are just so dialed, so together with a healthy forebody stiffness they act very, very predictably in soft snow. I can but imagine how much fun they will be if given the chance to truly run in proper condtions.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w vs r.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	975.6 KB 
ID:	275081

    I rode them back to back with Rustler 11s, a ski that is somewhat similar wrt rocker lines, dimensions and mount point - if very, very different wrt weight, stiffness and sidecut. The Rustlers are a bit more versatile than w114s, but there is about 0% debate concerning which of the two I am going to prefer for big days in fresh snow - w114s each and every time.

    Half a day of use ain't much though - just a peak into the world of w114s. I really look forward to getting on them more. I am also very satisfied with the decision to have these as my top end charger in two quivers - so thanks for the TGR discount Iggy! I have no problem understanding how these could warrant a "best ski ever" moniker as mentioned in Blister's Gear Guide, that is when the conditions and terrain are right.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 03-20-2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: clarity

  8. #6508
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,696
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I finally had the chance to try my w114s in conditions, even if the conditions weren't really playing to their strengths.

    As you would imagine w114s are not groomer killers - though they are a fair bit more fun that BGs on groomers imo. They like big turns and like to go fast, but are somewhat sluggish due to their width and weight. Duh - i know. Still, pretty fun when arcing huge turns in mach loony.

    I only got to ride some pockets of unridden dense, wind comapcted and somewhat sun baked fresh. During those moments they really shone - or showed glimmers of what they will be like in fresh snow. Think rediculously floaty, easy and very willing to turn and very, very stable. Their rocker lines are just so dialed, so together with a healthy forebody stiffness they act very, very predictably in soft snow. I can but imagine how much fun they will be if given the chance to truly run in proper condtions.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w vs r.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	975.6 KB 
ID:	275081

    I rode them back to back with Rustler 11s, a ski that is somewhat similar wrt rocker lines, dimensions and mount point - if very, very different wrt weight, stiffness and sidecut. The Rustlers are a bit more versatile than w114s, but there is about 0% debate on which I am going to prefer for big days in fresh snow - w114s each and every time.

    Half a day of use ain't much though - just a peak into the world of w114s. I really look forward to getting on them more. I am also very satisfied with the decision to have these as my top end charger in two quivers - so thanks for the TGR discount Iggy! I have no problem understanding how these could warrant a "best ski ever" moniker as mentioned in Blister's Gear Guide, that is when the conditions and terrain are right.
    Yessir! Fav ski in my quiver (before I bent my knee sideways)
    You should have been here yesterday!

  9. #6509
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Woodsman is finally final. Took awhile, though the sizes/waist widths haven't changed since we set out on designing them. No RES or Asym. Some of those earlier protos have pretty Wren-esc taper design (as a baseline) but final is a bit different. Found they skied better with more taper and less EE (sorry long EE guys, but the skis have spoken). We're literally swimming in Woodsman protos right now, so I've been sending people out on them even if they were pretty early on, so they can get an idea on balance and feel.

    Still several weeks away from any sort of detailed public announcement, but I'm excited. Only bit for now, so people can plan a bit with spring sales on:
    116 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    108 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    96 - 172, 177, 182, 187
    Rad, thanks!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  10. #6510
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    178
    Excited about the 192 option! I hope they're heavy.

    Looking forward to the release in a few weeks!


    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Woodsman is finally final. Took awhile, though the sizes/waist widths haven't changed since we set out on designing them. No RES or Asym. Some of those earlier protos have pretty Wren-esc taper design (as a baseline) but final is a bit different. Found they skied better with more taper and less EE (sorry long EE guys, but the skis have spoken). We're literally swimming in Woodsman protos right now, so I've been sending people out on them even if they were pretty early on, so they can get an idea on balance and feel.

    Still several weeks away from any sort of detailed public announcement, but I'm excited. Only bit for now, so people can plan a bit with spring sales on:
    116 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    108 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    96 - 172, 177, 182, 187

  11. #6511
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Woodsman is finally final. Took awhile, though the sizes/waist widths haven't changed since we set out on designing them. No RES or Asym. Some of those earlier protos have pretty Wren-esc taper design (as a baseline) but final is a bit different. Found they skied better with more taper and less EE (sorry long EE guys, but the skis have spoken). We're literally swimming in Woodsman protos right now, so I've been sending people out on them even if they were pretty early on, so they can get an idea on balance and feel.

    Still several weeks away from any sort of detailed public announcement, but I'm excited. Only bit for now, so people can plan a bit with spring sales on:
    116 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    108 - 177, 182, 187, 192
    96 - 172, 177, 182, 187
    Of course you dance around the 184/185 I want to make the decision that much harder. haha Shift the lengths to make a 190+ make sense but miss the sweet spot. 180, 185, 190 what's so wrong with that? (I know I'm being a picky asshole, I'm sorry)

  12. #6512
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    Given the way ON3P's measure long with a straight pull, I think the 182 vs. 187 makes a lot of sense. Compared to the way most brands measure, it's really kind of like 179 / 184 / 189 / 194 .... which makes a ton of sense IMO. Most of my skis are in the 184 - 190 range, but I think with the Woodsman I'll be tempted to give the 182 a shot so it's a bit lighter and easier to swing around in tight spaces.

    My 184 Wren 108's are really like 186 or 187 standing next to my other non ON3P skis.

  13. #6513
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,354
    Most brands have 10cm jumps in sizes, ON3P has 5cm jumps and people still complain that they don't come in the right size. iggy, what's your favorite brand of drink? I want to buy some stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  14. #6514
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    My 184 Wren 108's are really like 186 or 187 standing next to my other non ON3P skis.
    I have similar observations - my 184 Wren 98's are the same length as my wife's 188 Rossi Sky 7 HD 98's - give or take 5mm.

  15. #6515
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,025
    Might the woodsmen 187 in a 108 be the daily driver for the Wasatch? Hmmmmmm


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  16. #6516
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Might the woodsmen 187 in a 108 be the daily driver for the Wasatch? Hmmmmmm


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's what I'm thinking as well. Any chance you guys will have a demo pair at the Alta demo day?

  17. #6517
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    178
    I would bet money that 182cm Woodsman will be nearly identical to 184cm Moments. 187cm being nearly identical to the 190cm Moments.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Of course you dance around the 184/185 I want to make the decision that much harder. haha Shift the lengths to make a 190+ make sense but miss the sweet spot. 180, 185, 190 what's so wrong with that? (I know I'm being a picky asshole, I'm sorry)

  18. #6518
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Most brands have 10cm jumps in sizes, ON3P has 5cm jumps and people still complain that they don't come in the right size. iggy, what's your favorite brand of drink? I want to buy some stock.
    Totally. There are some skis out there I've wanted to try that only came in 179 (too short) and 189 (too long). So I never bothered and moved on.

  19. #6519
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I finally had the chance to try my w114s, even if the conditions weren't really playing to their strengths.

    As you would imagine w114s are not groomer killers - though they are a fair bit more fun that BGs on groomers imo. They like big turns and they like to go fast, but are somewhat sluggish due to their width and weight. Duh - I know. Still, pretty fun when arcing huge turns in mach loony.

    I only got to ride some pockets of unridden dense, wind compacted and somewhat sun baked fresh. During those moments they really shone - or showed glimmers of what they will be like in fresh snow. Think rediculously floaty, easy and very willing to turn and very, very stable. Their rocker lines are just so dialed, so together with a healthy forebody stiffness they act very, very predictably in soft snow. I can but imagine how much fun they will be if given the chance to truly run in proper condtions.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w vs r.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	975.6 KB 
ID:	275081

    I rode them back to back with Rustler 11s, a ski that is somewhat similar wrt rocker lines, dimensions and mount point - if very, very different wrt weight, stiffness and sidecut. The Rustlers are a bit more versatile than w114s, but there is about 0% debate concerning which of the two I am going to prefer for big days in fresh snow - w114s each and every time.

    Half a day of use ain't much though - just a peak into the world of w114s. I really look forward to getting on them more. I am also very satisfied with the decision to have these as my top end charger in two quivers - so thanks for the TGR discount Iggy! I have no problem understanding how these could warrant a "best ski ever" moniker as mentioned in Blister's Gear Guide, that is when the conditions and terrain are right.
    What length are you on. Just waiting to mount mine but have to see if Tecnica are going to warranty my boot which would change the bsl. I have 184’s. Really excited for these. I have enforcer 110’s 191 as well but even though the waists are similar I think they will fill really different places in the quiver.

  20. #6520
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    407
    Love that the woodsman comes in a 192 and want to get it but I’m sure I’ll end up with the 187... Can’t wait for more info!

  21. #6521
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    What length are you on.
    w114s are 179s, R11s are 180s.

    Re over - w114 > r11 lengthwise Though not as pronounced as the photo makes it seem like - the w114s are on slightly elevated ground too, so the difference is like a cm or so.

    Really happy with both where both def fills different quiver needs.

  22. #6522
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    277
    Yeah like I said, I'm being a picky asshole. I'm aware of how ON3P measures compared to other companies. I'm sure one of 182 or 187 will be just fine. My only ON3P skis are 184 Billy Goats and that length just seems perfect. My 184 Bibbys have always felt short, but maybe at -2 from rec (so -8 from center and possibly close to the Woodsman) they would feel better. *shrug*

  23. #6523
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,416
    Where the hell is the post(s) with the additional details on the woodsman? I saw the latest iggy post on dimensions...

  24. #6524
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,115
    185-182=3 or just a scosh over an inch. Is it a subconscious thing where you look at your skis, see 182 and think “Being in the low 180s, maybe I don’t rage as hard as I thought”? And a 187 is just too long clocking in at 7/8” longer.

  25. #6525
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    185-182=3 or just a scosh over an inch. Is it a subconscious thing where you look at your skis, see 182 and think “Being in the low 180s, maybe I don’t rage as hard as I thought”? And a 187 is just too long clocking in at 7/8” longer.
    I’ve got to say. I’ve always felt between sizes on the BG. I bought a 191 Kartel to see if that might help. Liked them didn’t love them. Just got the w114’s in 184. Hope with the extra running length that will fit the bill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •