Page 284 of 594 FirstFirst ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If you are scared the mount point is too far back on Wrens, you should buy the Woodsman instead.
    1+

Sounds like you want a more playful wren and thank the good lord it’s 2020 because ON3P makes that ski now. The woodsman is more wren than Kartel — and honestly most people should probably be on the woodsman.

Iggy and team really have the line up dialed and spend far too much time worrying about mount point testing.

But do you boo

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Great the Woodsman with Ti for the win!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Look forward to hearing how you like it
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Dropping my opine on the EC use thingie…

The woodsman doesn’t come off the shelf with titanal…
    Moving + has crossed my radar for the wren 108 (justifications fyalike).

Having some steerability in the ec is mandatory and the wren brings it – more so in the (18-19). I ride it in the 89 and know that this ski musta kicked ass when it was longer and I’m of the mind that the 88? was probably a lot of fun when it came around

My idea of the right choice would be the wren98ti @184. Takes the speed quotient down a notch (not enough) and more capable of stuffing it into where all the kool pps ski

I’m hoping that we’re going to get more edge stability, particularly forward - at the same weight (or less?).

If the shape of the ski lacks anything in ec manners – it’s the lack of shovel (17-18); not that i would want to give up it's 3d capabilities. The changes in 19 (imo) make it a much better 1quiver ski.

Keeping your kit completely mobile, I’d opt for the Woodsman full length at 108. All the tools any depth of 3d demand. either - a great ski in your hand if you grabbed the wrong one today...
    Last edited by Gepeto; 07-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    A couple of you guys likely in here.
    Attachment 288292
    I’m guessing mine are third from the right. Tracking says they are waiting at home for me...

A couple of you guys likely in here.
    Out of curiosity, why are some pairs stamped underfoot both with ON3P SKI CO, whereas others are one that way and one stamped WOOD WOLF/EAGLE/LOGO?

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are some pairs stamped underfoot both with ON3P SKI CO, whereas others are one that way and one stamped WOOD WOLF/EAGLE/LOGO?
    The 2x ON3P Ski CO was built earlier than the rest. Unlike plastic topsheets where we can impart the ski model + order number on the topsheet cover, there has never been a great way to keep that info matched with the skis through production (as all surfaces on a wood veneer are processed). Where with custom tops, as a function of volume, we just set up each top for the color/model series/size, on Wood Veneers we decided that we'll start going full custom on each wood veneer so we can sublimate the wood veneer with the skis model, length, serial number, and order number to better keep track of which ski is which. When I made the file adjustments to incorporate that new data, I just adjusted the left ski back so it was more inline with the traditional nylon underfoot stamp.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Hi Iggy, I sent a few questions earlier this week through the contact form on your website in regards to shipping to the U.K. and the Wren protos. Any chance someone can take a look or let me know if I need to resend?

Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post
    Thank you for all your comments, all very helpful.

I’m currently looking for a daily driver for the Alps. Something between roughly 95 and 105 under foot. Snappy/poppy quick for tight spots but also plush/damp suspension for the mix of harder roughed up snow we have... also above average edge grip as we get a lot of days that resemble the East Coast. I want something fairly heavy as this will be my resort to 50/50 ski - I have a separate ski for proper touring. I want something that crushes more and won’t get deflected.

I tend to like skis with much less side cut - I.e. old Explosiv and Gotama and my current pow ski is an older Lotus 120.

My background: 5,10 190 lbs. but 45 - not as quick and daring as I used to be.

Ex East Coast racer right through college but I also participated in quite a few bump contests and did my share of skiing the pow in the trees in northern VT. I tend to switch styles a lot between pure race and more upright but take very little air these days. I also lived in CO for 6 yrs so understand how different skis suit different snow types. I have lived in London, skiing the Alps for the last 11 years. I find picking skis for the bad to the amazing to the everything in between snow we get very difficult. And if even if it’s an all groomer day, the Europeans typically don’t groom the slopes as nice as they do in the US. They can be very firm but also pretty roughed up even at the start of the day. So edge grip and nice suspension make for a better day. With lighter skis you can finesse and pick around but it can be tough to really push it. So a ski with a bit of heft is not a bad thing.

I’m looking at the Wrens 96 or 108 or same for the Woodsman. Also looking at possibly a Mantra, an Enforcer or Ranger FR.... this ski will be my main ski and if there’s new snow I go straight to the 120 because it’s too much fun.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
    Personally, having skied the Alps for a couple years via London, if you are on the groomers there at all, ie w/ Fam, wife, etc. and it's not a 100 off-piste trip, then I want metal for my everyday ski. that said, I'm decided old skool. Same age as you, like to drive the tip of the ski. I actually liked the 98mm underfoot realm for that, although I was using toting 2 pair of skis. a 98mm and a 115mmish pow ski.
    He who has the most fun wins!

test, I posted a day and a half ago but still hasn't shown up

Quote Originally Posted by ma_rippin View Post
    test, I posted a day and a half ago but still hasn't shown up
    Yeah, usually that first post takes a week or two, depending on how quickly the donkeys can get the scrolls up the canyon wall and onto the wagon. Just gotta be patient.

Yep... I fully agree with this and have been fighting the reality of it for far too long. I’ve been trying to make due with lighter carbon touring skis when skiing in the resort and they just flat out don’t work on hard snow to the point of being a liability at times. They are truly super fun when the snow is soft but it’s Europe, even on the best of days you encounter a mix bag of snow and on high consequence steeps they are terrifying. It was a dumb strategy I was following to fill my quiver but it’s time to move on and reload. You have your touring ski and then everything else needs a bit of muscle.

I’m looking forward to getting on something stable and less chattery again.

Woodsman help

thrilled to have found this forum! I am strongly considering a pair of Woodsman 96's and looking for a little help...

I currently ski a pair of Liberty V82's. I love them but looking to add something wider to my quiver. I am 95% front side, trail skier and primarily east coast. I also have a 7 & 5 year old so I need a ski that I can control at slow speeds when I do a few runs a day with them after ski school. We are headed to Utah for 10 days this winter to do Park City, Deer Valley and Alta. So I am looking for something wider underfoot than my Liberty that still have good carving control and low speed capability. I will be keeping my Liberty's and adding these so they don't need to replace, but compliment. I would still like to be able to use them in East though. The Woodsman 96 seems to fit the bill well but would love some input.

Other skis I have considered:
    J Master Blaster
    Black Crow Camox
    Moment PB&J
    Nordica Enforcer 100

Haven't skiied the woodsman yet, but seems like you need to give some thought to what kind of ski you are looking for -- woodsman and PB&J should be more freestyle oriented (though should hold up on groomers too), enforcer is a directional ski with some rocker, masterblaster also a directional ski w/ rocker but has a more progressive mount point. Not sure about camox

If you are 95% on groomers and aren't jibbing, I suspect you will prefer a more directional ski like the enforcer or masterblaster, both of which are fun and easy to handle at low speeds. That being said, I am all for supporting ON3P (and Moment) so if you think you want something a little more playful I am sure you won't be sad about the Woodsman or PB&J

Jibby is not a term I would use to describe the Woodsman. The mount/rocker changes increase the playfulness compared to the Wrens, but...Jibby it is not.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

If the ski will be primarily be used on the EC minus a few trips out west, I’d focus on edge grip. Woodsman sounds like it’s worth looking at but as it’s a new ski and there’s not much info yet.
    I think the Fischer Ranger FR series might be another ski to look at along with the Enforcer. Maybe also the Mantra but that ski might be too stiff / too much work for what your looking for.

Jibby is not a term I would use to describe the Woodsman. The mount/rocker changes increase the playfulness compared to the Wrens, but...Jibby it is not.
    Obviously defer to Iggy on the feel of his skis; that being said I do think the overall point stands: sounds to me like you need to think about how playful you want the ski to be, and that should drive the decision.

thrilled to have found this forum! I am strongly considering a pair of Woodsman 96's and looking for a little help...

I currently ski a pair of Liberty V82's. I love them but looking to add something wider to my quiver. I am 95% front side, trail skier and primarily east coast. I also have a 7 & 5 year old so I need a ski that I can control at slow speeds when I do a few runs a day with them after ski school. We are headed to Utah for 10 days this winter to do Park City, Deer Valley and Alta. So I am looking for something wider underfoot than my Liberty that still have good carving control and low speed capability. I will be keeping my Liberty's and adding these so they don't need to replace, but compliment. I would still like to be able to use them in East though. The Woodsman 96 seems to fit the bill well but would love some input.

J Master Blaster
    Black Crow Camox
    Moment PB&J
    Nordica Enforcer 100
    You should also check out the Liberty Origin 96 for a playful directional ski. Here’s an East Coast review http://www.skiessentials.com/2019-sk...origin-96-skis.

The Woodsman 96 seems to fit the bill well but would love some input.

J Master Blaster
    Black Crow Camox
    Moment PB&J
    Nordica Enforcer 100
    Yeah, I'm in this basket too - looking for a thin-ish all mountain ski. I've skied the Ranger 94 FR, and it's probably leading contender for me in that pack at the moment. I'd love if the Masterblaster was a bit lighter, as I'm running Shifts/Tectons and want to be able to tour as well. If the new releases shave a couple hundred grams, I'd be keen.

Wish I could ski a Woodsman, and wish there were more reviews of them out there. Camox was a bit so-so, but I'll probably get another day to demo them (and I love BC skis - have Atris and Noctas too). Enforcer doesn't interest me given tail shape and mount point. PB&J is a good ski, but I felt like the Fischer was a tad better in every regard, and I don't ski switch.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Yeah, I'm in this basket too - looking for a thin-ish all mountain ski. I've skied the Ranger 94 FR, and it's probably leading contender for me in that pack at the moment. I'd love if the Masterblaster was a bit lighter, as I'm running Shifts/Tectons and want to be able to tour as well. If the new releases shave a couple hundred grams, I'd be keen.

Wish I could ski a Woodsman, and wish there were more reviews of them out there. Camox was a bit so-so, but I'll probably get another day to demo them (and I love BC skis - have Atris and Noctas too). Enforcer doesn't interest me given tail shape and mount point. PB&J is a good ski, but I felt like the Fischer was a tad better in every regard, and I don't ski switch.
    What didn't you like about the Camox? I've got some ready to mount for next season, but haven't skied them yet.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    What didn't you like about the Camox?
    I just found the Atris to be a much better ski...I think with the Camox I didn't really gel with the tail of the ski - it felt a bit hooky and the tail rocker didn't quite suit me. But I know guys who love em. I'm going to demo again and compare with other BC skis like the Captis, Navis, etc to see how I like them.

Hard to find reviews, but Skipass has the Camox as a little less highly rated than the Atris...As I said, I'll demo again; would be happy to grab a pair if I connect with them better next time.

I am guessing most of you have seen this already, but if not - the full review on the new Woodsman108 is up. Synopsis: ON3P seem to have developed a killer ski. Surprise surprise.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/2019-2020-on3p-woodsman-108

And still in time to order a pair customs at summer discount for customs that ends tonight. Yay

^^^^ Solid Woodsman 108 review. Gets me really excited about trying and potentially owning a pair. I’ve struggled to find the 105-ish ski that works for me. The OG Cochise was my go-to but as my knees age and I slow down a bit, I find that I ski them less and less. I bought some Nordica Enforcer 104 Frees that I hope will work better for 2020.

That being said, I really like the Deep Dive comparisons on the W108. (Yes, I paid a few extra bucks to see what that was all about) I think that is some of the most valuable content Blister pus out. Comparisons to skis I already know against new skis really got me excited about the Woodsman.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    ^^^^ The OG Cochise was my go-to but as my knees age and I slow down a bit, I find that I ski them less and less.
    Do they tax your knees more because they're too heavy, too fast, or why? Just wondering, because they're my goto skis as well, and my knees are a few years behind yours but catching up fast.

@ Interesting you got the Enforcer 104 Frees... I keep going around in circles about that ski the Fischer FR and the Woosman. And occasionally my 20 year old ego tells me to just get the new Mantra 102. All 4 skis sound just about right for the quiver spot I want to fill.... hmmm... if I do go woosman you can be sure I’m getting some of the sexy veneers....

🤔 hmmm. Sexy veneers... want to touch