Page 96 of 598 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 14947
    Is On3p doing textured topsheets now??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Holy shit that's a nice new quiver. I have a feeling they won't be sitting under the tree until Christmas.

Textured for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Textured for your pleasure
    I certainly hope so. Studded please.

I have this year's 108 Wren and the topsheet is no diff than my 98s from last year... If it is textured I sure don't see it or feel it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Aus George View Post
    Iggy, I noticed the topsheets on the Wren 108's are that anti stick almost matte type finish... That wont change the bomber integrity of the top sheets at all will it? My Moment's, which are known to chip like a bitch look pretty horrid after only a few seasons. My 2015 BG's still look brand new, but obviously the old smooth gloss finish on them. Just curious is all.
    Chipping is all about how you process the tops, not the material (as long as you are using good material). Plastic suppliers have been struggling a bit to keep up with demand this year, so we had to move from our biax nylon material to a clear nylon material for about a month of production. It's actually a pricey material due to both the texture and that it must be flood coated, vs the bonded fleece back on our traditional topsheets.

It is a bit more durable than the normal material we use, in that the topsheets don't visibly scuff as easily and it is thinner, so there is less for the edge to grab on to. That said, one of the things we really work on and that is extremely labor intensive in here is beveling and sanding our topsheets and that is consistent on all our skis, so the durability of the end user is going to be the same. Only thing you will notice is the different feel.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I had heard about this material shortage, from another ski manufacturer. Glad to hear you sorted it, and that you went for the quality option.

What are the biggest differences/characteristics between a Kartel, Wrenegade and a Supernatural at the 108 width?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Chipping is all about how you process the tops, not the material (as long as you are using good material). Plastic suppliers have been struggling a bit to keep up with demand this year, so we had to move from our biax nylon material to a clear nylon material for about a month of production. It's actually a pricey material due to both the texture and that it must be flood coated, vs the bonded fleece back on our traditional topsheets.

It is a bit more durable than the normal material we use, in that the topsheets don't visibly scuff as easily and it is thinner, so there is less for the edge to grab on to. That said, one of the things we really work on and that is extremely labor intensive in here is beveling and sanding our topsheets and that is consistent on all our skis, so the durability of the end user is going to be the same. Only thing you will notice is the different feel.
    So basically, I scored a limted editon? Nice! Thanks for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    What are the biggest differences/characteristics between a Kartel, Wrenegade and a Supernatural at the 108 width?
    Kartel is a fairly center mounted jib oriented ski and the Wrenegade is a traditionally mounted directional ski. I haven't skied the Supernatural but I'd say the biggest difference is either of the ON3Ps will last much longer.

To add to what Adrenalated stated the Supernatural is a cross between the Wren and Kartel.

These showed up today!!

Nioce!

Nice x2

what binding are you going to use?

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    These showed up today!!
    Hell yeah...! I ordered my Supergoats orig with the Grizzlycorn topsheet and at the last minute switched to the Billy topsheet and green sidewalls... So stoked...

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    These showed up today!!
    You should have been here yesterday!

As everyone has said the graffics are even better in person. Powtron, thanks for the help.
    Last edited by iamTRuTH; 11-17-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Nice x2

what binding are you going to use?
    Kopi_ Red hooked me up with a pair of black and orange/red STH2-16s.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Recorded weights are based upon averages over model runs, so they change as we build more - we always get some natural variance in the bamboo, so I do my best to update as we go. We have one bamboo supplier who gets us the quality we trust for cores, so we are at the whim of the ebbs and flows of the bamboo density and have to manage that as best we can (pre-weighing/paring cores, etc). We also record the weight of every ski we build, and I don't see anything as high as you are listing. That said, when something that heavy came thru, our records sheets would flash as out of standard and would be marked for demo or proform.

As you bought those skis at proform discount, my guess is that the weights were outsides the norm and the skis were marked as such.

If you want, you're welcomed to email me with serial number and I can provide the ski details for you.

Cheers for the reply. Hope it didn't sound like I am
    Complaining-I am not! Really excited to ski the skis. First pair of ON3P, they remind me off the bombproof feel of Praxis so I'm stoked on that. Resort skis so a bit of weight is good anyway.

My scales must be off, but serial number is '017'.

Cheers

Good set of boards George. We have similar taste. Been contemplating green, purple, and gray for the next custom. The real life purple shot w green next to green was divine. And lucky dog on the matte 108. In your eyes hypothetically if you were to get either green or purple again which would it be based on in person vibe?

Early Christmas present... For myself

Attachment 216314Attachment 216315

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Good set of boards George. We have similar taste. Been contemplating green, purple, and gray for the next custom. The real life purple shot w green next to green was divine. And lucky dog on the matte 108. In your eyes hypothetically if you were to get either green or purple again which would it be based on in person vibe?
    Purple 100%. Personal preference mainly, but I'm a fan. They will be my new dailys and were the first choice.

Purple 100%. Personal preference mainly, but I'm a fan. They will be my new dailys and were the first choice.
    Yes!

I own two of the purple tops personally and they look a lot better in real life.

Green is $$$, too!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Good to hear on the Purps! Pretty sure that'll be the call. Hoping this new pow offering they're floating has a home in the quiver...

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Yes!

I own two of the purple tops personally and they look a lot better in real life.

Green is $$$, too!
    Fuck!
    All this topsheet talk and pics have me seriously rethinking my topsheet choice on my SG's!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I’m pretty stoked on my America top sheet choice. I have been eyeing that graphic for almost 2 years!

My next custom will most likely be Garnet w/ regular black sidewalls or Gunmetal w/ green sidewalls

That purple looks great too, especially with green walls.

Did anyone go with the C&D topsheet?