Page 89 of 599 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 14965
    Who officially coined “hate banging”??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

ON3P SKIS Discussion

“Quit hate banging and stay on ze ground! This isnt a circus.”

“You got anything harder than that?”

“Yes I have”

Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Do I sell my 189 Billy Goats and go for another pair of SGs in the standard flex?

Or keep the 189s to compliment my Aeverflex’s??

Newest 189s? Asym? Have you mounted them yet?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

2017, last years model. No Asym. Brand New unmounted. I don't know what I am going to do yet though.

2017, last years model. No Asym. Brand New unmounted. I don't know what I am going to do yet though.
    Ski em like you stole em.

I'll take credit for that

Can anyone with experience school me on how my 2015 Billy Goats compare with the newer models and then comparatively with this super goat? In actual terms of feel on snow not specifically tech jargon.

I'm looking for reasons to not buy a super goat OR upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Aus George View Post

You’ve come to the wrong place

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Can anyone with experience school me on how my 2015 Billy Goats compare with the newer models and then comparatively with this super goat? In actual terms of feel on snow not specifically tech jargon.

If I am not mistaken, 2016 and 2017 added straight sections within the sidecut, better transitioning from RES to normal sidecut underfoot and through the tail. Which makes them better on firm snow, without loosing any of that RES feel you know and love.

2018 added asym, allowing for better uphill ski release in soft snow, mank, and chop.

Sorry for the tech jargon. Someone else will have to chime in on the “on snow” feel between all the variations.

Just buy the Supergoat.. get it over with.. so long as you are up to the challenge

Sell some stuff and make it happen.

I’ll just leave this here. Powtron’s response to me asking the same question.

I have 2014 191 BGs. They are in great shape and they are my favorite ski. His response and my age and angry knees have convinced me that I’m just not quite in the SG appropriate TGR group. Not the popular or respected opinion around here, I think, but I’ll let this one go.

I have considered picking up a pair to horde just in case this ends up being the only super goat run. But I don’t think I’ll be in the 10-12 initial pairs for public release.

For reference, I’m 6’0” 165-170 and about to turn 35 with significant cartilage damage in both knees and a recent recovery from a torn meniscus.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron
    Honestly the Supergoat is just a slightly scaled up 13/14 191 BG (118mm waist) that is stiffer, slightly lower tail rocker, and has the new RES taper points and the asym.

So if you LOVE your 191 BG already as you do you may not need them. But if there were a couple things that you would add to make your 191 even better (tad more length, stiffer, and want to feel that the Asym actually works) you will never have a better price on the Supergoat than now
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Honestly the Bodacious leaving makes a perfect, more refined and classy spot available in that quiver for the SuperGoat.
    Agreed..

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Perfect. I’m at 305mm. So as long as you mount in the middle of the adjustment range and I can bribe you with beer, I’d be grateful for a test drive.
    I'll likely be putting STH2 16's on the SG's, so you'll be in luck.

As far as the over compensating stuff, I have a different angle. I'm getting older but Bandit Jr is just starting his growth spurt. I'll ski these for a while and then pass the down to him as a right of passage. Maybe he can be the next Aever.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Supergoat eludes me this year as the spot to fill in quiver was a new wren.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    His response and my age and angry knees have convinced me that I’m just not quite in the SG appropriate TGR group....
    For reference, I’m 6’0” 165-170 and about to turn 35 with significant cartilage damage in both knees and a recent recovery from a torn meniscus.
    You're giving up like that at 35? Get some goat placenta injected into them knees and check your spare. Gaffney may provide some inspiration in his latest and is getting up there but probably skis on 177s

Just got my 184 BG's in the post yesterday-cheers to on3p for getting them shipped so fast, especially after my retarded failed attempts at checking out on their web store...

So, mount points? On the line? Anyone been back a cm?

Usually like pow skis back a bit, hoji's are too centre mounted for my liking (tips sunk)@-7cm from centre, lotus 120 190cm loved them at +1 (that's still about -14 from centre!) and the BG line is at about -9cm on my measurements. More tail rocker on the BG though.

Worst sin a pow ski can commit is sink a tip. I'm 5.9 and 185lbs ish.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

You're giving up like that at 35? Get some goat placenta injected into them knees and check your spare. Gaffney may provide some inspiration in his latest and is getting up there but probably skis on 177s
    I think he’s on 179 K2 shreditor 112s, and 179 Pettitors for a lot of that. Funny, those are some short noodles I have actually felt comfortable charging on, being such a fatty myself.

I love it when people on here knock on skis like that, they dont realize it’s really a knock on their own athelticism/balance, or lack thereof.

Makes me want a pair of 181 Kartels just for messing around in the air.

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 11-02-2017 at 11:10 AM.

This video of the Kartel 116 is so sick. When the beat drops at 0:45 seconds in, my stoke factor goes through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Just got my 184 BG's in the post yesterday-cheers to on3p for getting them shipped so fast, especially after my retarded failed attempts at checking out on their web store...

Usually like pow skis back a bit, hoji's are too centre mounted for my liking (tips sunk)@-7cm from centre, lotus 120 190cm loved them at +1 (that's still about -14 from centre!) and the BG line is at about -9cm on my measurements. More tail rocker on the BG though.

Highly suggest the line. Most seem stoked on that position. Boot placement vs RES geometry is dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Highly suggest the line. Most seem stoked on that position. Boot placement vs RES geometry is dialed.
    Norse is spot on... And Powtron and Iggy both were adamant that skis like the Billy and Wren should be mounted on recommended line... Go line...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Never once gotten tip sinkage on Billy Goats unless I was noodling around under 10 mph. They arent built for noodlin’ on flats.

Mount on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post

On the line, and nowhere but the line.

I mount most skis back a little bit. Line is dialed on BGs.

On the list line is!

Cheers

P.S it's snowing!

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

Sweet vid, thanks!

If I am not mistaken, 2016 and 2017 added straight sections within the sidecut, better transitioning from RES to normal sidecut underfoot and through the tail. Which makes them better on firm snow, without loosing any of that RES feel you know and love.

2018 added asym, allowing for better uphill ski release in soft snow, mank, and chop.

Sorry for the tech jargon. Someone else will have to chime in on the “on snow” feel between all the variations.

Just buy the Supergoat.. get it over with.. so long as you are up to the challenge

Sell some stuff and make it happen.

Yeah that all makes sense.

My local mountain isn't gnarly enough to justify the SG and as I already have the older goat, probs better to get the C&D for travelling... Too much over lap with a SG and old BG from what I've heard.