Page 523 of 599 FirstFirst ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,075 of 14965

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Got me a 182 BG 110 stock layup on order. Should be good for low snow, tight chutes and bullshit we have here in Taos.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSnow View Post
    Got to get on my fat Jeffeys (new 118s) last Thursday in some fresh and then lots of chopped out runs. So damp and powerful, you can just steer them through soft bumps and cut up snow with 0 care. I stayed upright going through stuff I had no business straight-lining. They feel balanced in the air and plush when landing. They tired me out in thinner snow with big bumps, but that probably had more to do with my skiing ability than the skis themselves.

I hopped on some Jeffreys on the 102 waist-width in shallower conditions yesterday and they are very similar in terms of "feel" to the wider pair. I found some fresh and they float really well for a waist-width of 102 and are also fairly good at busting through choppy snow. They don't blow through everything like the fatter pair, but are very maneuverable in bumps.

The Jeffreys definitely prefer to be skied from the balls of your feet without a lot of pressure on the shins of your boots. I know that may sound weird but I didn't feel disadvantaged by the center stance since both pairs felt so stable. The stability and center stance keeps you comfortable and prepared to get a good pop off of all the natural features that come your way, pretty neat.

AMAZING skis. Stoked to be on them for the rest of the season. Thanks Scott & crew!
    I got one of the first J118's. It was an immediate click for me with the same observations.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    I got one of the first J118's. It was an immediate click for me with the same observations.
    The Jeff 118 Tour with ATK Voyagers… *chefs kiss*

Think I’ve gone Jeffrey -> BG -> Wren -> BG -> Jeffrey as daily driver over past 6 seasons but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nobody got “owned” on them. Dudes here are skiing waaay burlier skis than it, mah self included. Notice the super goat stoke above. The mount point is whack as has been stated several times

I've got my 192's mounted at +1.5 and they feel just like my old 191s....

Quote Originally Posted by flatland View Post
    That's one of the things I was thinking of trying. I've avoided that because I didn't want to destroy the resale value, but this thread has probably done enough of that.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by flatland View Post
    And the plot thickens…
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    That's one of the things I was thinking of trying. I've avoided that because I didn't want to destroy the resale value, but this thread has probably done enough of that.
    Cause nobody wants to buy mine, I’ll bite the bullet and test it out. Give me a few weeks.

Not sure where my post went but, glad someone is messing with mount points to figure these out. The Bg shape is really sensitive to mount location.
    Pretzel, you throwing demo clamps on ‘em?
    Curious to see how they shake out.

Could be the Christmas miracle we need

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Cause nobody wants to buy mine, I’ll bite the bullet and test it out. Give me a few weeks.
    Please report back! I'd love to get my 192s dialed. Dont have any experience on previous models, so no frame of reference. I know its sacrilege to change the mount point on a BG, but if its got a flatter and more stout tail now, makes sense to move the mount forward to get some weight off the tails.

I went +1cm on my BG110 187's stock layup. Got the blessing from Scott and have loved em there.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Could be the Christmas miracle we need

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Hallelujah! I'm changing bindings on mine soon (taking Cast off and replacing with regular Pivots), so very eager to hear more reports.

How does the new BGT ski in PNW conditions? The 50/50 layup sounds tempting but if its only available on a custom ski, the price point and lead time makes it a no go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    How does the new BGT ski in PNW conditions? The 50/50 layup sounds tempting but if its only available on a custom ski, the price point and lead time makes it a no go for me.
    Im in Revelstoke and have the new BGT 110 in 192 and love it so far. Only thing is I find kick turns sometimes hard with the long skis. I just need to get better haha.

If you’re skiing them in bounds at all, you definitely notice the lack of weight behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by on3pbg View Post
    Im in Revelstoke and have the new BGT 110 in 192 and love it so far. Only thing is I find kick turns sometimes hard with the long skis. I just need to get better haha.

If you’re skiing them in bounds at all, you definitely notice the lack of weight behind it.

Do you find the 110s give you enough float in deep pow?

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    Do you find the 110s give you enough float in deep pow?
    Hell yeah dude. I never found any float issues unless you’re going very slow which most skis would have this issue with how slow I’m talking.

I skied them in probably 16 inches of fresh plus the snow we got during the week and at no point did I find I needed more. It was probably some of the deepest snow I’ve ever skied and stuff can be quite deep, quite often here in Revy haha.

They actually surprised me how well I could shut down the skis at high speeds in that deep snow and not get caught up.

The whole talk of moving the new Goats forward 1cm has got me thinking of trying it.

jeffs o praxis mvps

anyone able to give me some input on praxis mvps vs 102 or 110 jeffs?

decided to give you guys a respite for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I’m feeling like kid kapow and aever should have a podcast. I would listen.
    This made me laugh more than it should've.

And to be honest, Aever is/was really good at describing stuff so perhaps I could elicite something of worth listening to there.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    The 187 Woodsman 110 tour in a stiffer than stock layup is the absolute best touring ski that I have ever skied.
    This makes me all kinds of excited.

I remember talking this ski up so much saying it was what you neeeded, and you made the corrections I think the ski needs without me saying it. Damn you mr engineer!

As for the current BG - I've only skied the 182s. I do not care for the 110 at all - wonky tune or not, it feels like a 176BMT made flimsy (in spite of weighing way more). I looooooved the 184 BG108tour - that ski is freaking amazing - the 179 BG108 made into a 182 BG110 - not so much.

182 BG118s are great thoughm if you want a more foregiveable / slarveable 184 asym. Just less ski than 184BGasyms, a ski that I prefer by a mile. I like stiff skis that can work for me.

I've done some silly RES decisions since the last time I posted though. Will post soon.

And to be clear. BGs are hands down, no comparison, the best dense soft snow ski I've ever been on. When I look for other 116/124 skis it is solely down to hard to looking for improved hard snow prowess and versatility. I do not think there is a better 116/118/124 ski for denser, deep snow when used off piste. BGs are simply amazing. I think some of my descriptions of tinkering makes people forget this. BGs equals no hype, it is an amazing ski.

And yes, DPS Lotus 124s are basically a noodlier, dentistier version of the same ski, just catering to hard snow prowess and more forgiveable float at the expense of variable prowess (and build quality). I have some Lotus117 pagoda inbounds - will compare them to BG118 182s, and then sell.

I got on my 118 Jeffs again yesterday and had lots of fun in ~12" of fresh for the first few runs. Same observations of them feeling composed and smooth in cut up and choppy snow. Felt like a cheat code at times with how easy it was to stomp everything. Felt a little bit better getting them through soft moguls, but they're still pretty cumbersome.

I think I'm gonna try and ski my Jeff 102s in the deep stuff next chance I get and see how it goes. If they feel ~80-90% as good and I don't get thrown over the handlebars or tip-dive I might end up selling the fatties before the end of the season. I've found that I vibe best with skis around the 100mm mark.

I need to detune my Jeff 110s as they’re quite hooky on the groomed snow, but I’m not sure how far back to go. At the contact points? A little closer to the ends than that?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I need to detune my Jeff 110s as they’re quite hooky on the groomed snow, but I’m not sure how far back to go. At the contact points? A little closer to the ends than that?
    Detuning won't help, reset/increase the base bevel. Sad to hear this is still an ongoing issue, it never used to be.

Been skiing my supergoats more as of late. God damn this ski is rad!! Let’s hope Scott fixes the current 192 so that long stable skis can rage again. That or just presses supergoats again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0826.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	437916

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Been skiing my supergoats more as of late. God damn this ski is rad!! Let’s hope Scott fixes the current 192 so that long stable skis can rage again. That or just presses supergoats again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0826.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	437916

I have to admit these intimidated me before jumping on them yesterday. Suddenly I’m marching through deep chop like it’s not even there. Way more approachable than I thought they’d be. Wish I had the legs to justify a pair. Thanks again for swapping skis for a few laps!

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I bought these new, but from an older batch I think. I remember the discussion here but didn't pay much attention. Does 1/1 work fine or should it be something else?