Page 520 of 599 FirstFirst ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 13,000 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Billy Goats ski better at -1 then they do at +1
    they ski best at +1.5

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    Just got these mounted -5mm due to hole conflict.

KK, you get these when I fkn die so you can remount them at the other option, which was +16mm, and the world will keep turnin'

Attachment 432530
    They ski best at +1.5

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I'm sure it's somewhere in here, but what are the differences between the '21 Jeff 116 and' 22 Jeff 118? Found a decent deal on 116s in good shape and thinking of pulling the trigger.

How will a fan of the 191 BG feel about the Jeff? One of my favorite skis ever was the '13 Bent Chetler but hated how it would fold. Love how the BGs pivot and plow through everything. The Jeffs would be in addition to my BGs.
    Bumping this question back up as it got lost in the discussion of KKs ski testing and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Bumping this question back up as it got lost in the discussion of KKs ski testing and knowledge.
    The 22 has more tip/tail taper and a little rounder flex. I have owned both. I do like the 22 better, but I also really liked the older version. Like you I loved my 13 BC when it was soft. But when Mt Hood starts doing Mt Hood things on "powder" days it folded like a wet napkin.If you can get a good deal on the 116 I would not hesitate.
    Training for Alpental

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lady Goat.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	434322
    I see a 172 cm Billy Goat as sold out on the website. Was there a ladygoat run? Can they be had custom?

Ask them in the chat on the website or send an email - they’re super responsive and really accommodating

The 187 Woodsman 110 tour in a stiffer than stock layup is the absolute best touring ski that I have ever skied. It is everything I wanted the 185 ZeroG 108 to be. Better in every single way. Scott hit an absolute home run with this ski for mid-winter touring. I've been holding off on a review, but I put about 5 days on them so far and figured I'd write up something. I just so stoked to ski these whenever possible.

The 187 WD110 measures 187 vs the 185 ZG 108 which measures 182.5. But the WD110T feels about the same length. And for me, at 5'11", 165-170#, the 187 length feels perfect. I'm sure it will feel too long on some luge course exit in spring, and maybe even too short on some big lines where the 191 BG woud shine, but so far, I am VERY happy that I didn't go 182.

Additionally, I'm very glad to report that I have not noticed a substantial difference in feel between the touring layup and the inbounds layup. I really think "feel" is a substantially under-rated quality in a ski. I'm sure I could tell a difference skiing inbounds on alpine boots and bindings, but there is certainly a much bigger difference in the feel of my alpine boots vs my touring boots or FKS vs pin bindings than there is in the difference of the layups. I have deviated towards other skis over the years, but I have not yet found a layup that has that "feel" (except for the OG 4FRNT Renegade with the wood sidewalls, but that ski was SO heavy). Moment skis, for example, feel somehow less damp and more dead to me. (Though I haven't skied their touring layup)

I haven't yet had them in DEEP pow (hopefully at some point, fingers crossed), but they ski boot deep pow, facets, windboard, suncrust, etc, all very very well. The WD110T is like a BG that can hold an edge on steep hardpack. Yeah, it's not as surfy as a BG, but for where/how I ski, I'm more than willing to take that hit for the improved edge hold of that wider tail. I've posted before about how much I hate pintailed skis on firm, steep snow, and the WD110T does not have that issue.

Mount +1 if you like progressive mounts. Be warned: with the rocker profile, I would not go farther forward than +1.5. If you really want to mount +2 or more, just get a Jeffrey 110 Tour instead. I'm serious. At > +2, I don't think you'll be too far forward for the sidecut on the WD110, but you'll lose the benefit of the BG rocker profile, which makes keeps your tips up in pow at high speed, landings, etc. YMMV, but I wouldn't go any further back than the line or farther forward than +1.5.

I know the WD110 hasn't gotten a lot of love in this thread. I can see how the Woodsman 110 would be too much of a compromise as an inbounds ski. I am very very happy with my Jeffery 110 + 191 BG quiver for inbounds. But for touring, where you might encounter a ton of different conditions in a single day, the Woodsman 110 Tour is amazing. It really is like a cross between a Jeffrey 110 and a Billy Goat. I could not be more stoked.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 11-24-2022 at 06:16 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^^^ Is your Jeffery 110 standard flex? ^^^

Sorry about the way, way off topic

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    ^^^ Is your Jeffery 110 standard flex? ^^^

Sorry about the way, way off topic
    I believe all my ON3P skis are stiffer than stock (except the Caylors that I bought from shroom). BUT I think I might have beat the Jeffreys to death so they are basically stock flex now. Keep in mind that my Jeffreys are the OLD 110 from like 2014. So it's possible the stock flex is stiffer now than it was back then, which would account for some of the difference.

I would definitely recommend stiffer than stock for the Woodsman 110 tour, if you can swing the custom pricing. Unless you know you prefer softer skis, then obviously my advice doesn't apply here -- trust your gut.

On the off chance that anyone is reading this for beta regarding the woodgrain topsheet specifically, my Woodsman 110 Tour is both the stiffer core and the woodgrain topsheet. So double stiff. But they are not the pingy, too-stiff-for-the-weight carbon skis of yore, like the DPS RPC. For reference, my Woodsman 110 tour is a little softer than the Zero G 108 and approx the same as the Corvus Freebird. I would probably go double stiff again, but I'll be curious to see how the flex softens over time. If you're on the fence, I would choose either the stiffer core or the stock core with the Woodgrain topsheet.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Thanks for your thoughts on the woodgrain topsheet. I'm skiing on a Jeffery 108 w/woodgrain topsheet and it's been working well as an everyday type ski for me. It's been really fun, but I'm starting to think how a stiffer flex would let the ski blast through 3 days after the storm cut up and slush piles better

Thank you - this is a nice review. Re: the stiffer flex. Is this a preference for you as a skier or something you decided based on the lighter construction of the touring WD vs the regular?

I am on some beat up Kore 107s as my touring ski now and will be looking at replacing my touring setup next year. I have a WD96 and WD116 already in the quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    The 187 Woodsman 110 tour in a stiffer than stock layup is the absolute best touring ski that I have ever skied. It is everything I wanted the 185 ZeroG 108 to be. Better in every single way. Scott hit an absolute home run with this ski for mid-winter touring. I've been holding off on a review, but I put about 5 days on them so far and figured I'd write up something. I just so stoked to ski these whenever possible.

The 187 WD110 measures 187 vs the 185 ZG 108 which measures 182.5. But the WD110T feels about the same length. And for me, at 5'11", 165-170#, the 187 length feels perfect. I'm sure it will feel too long on some luge course exit in spring, and maybe even too short on some big lines where the 191 BG woud shine, but so far, I am VERY happy that I didn't go 182.

Additionally, I'm very glad to report that I have not noticed a substantial difference in feel between the touring layup and the inbounds layup. I really think "feel" is a substantially under-rated quality in a ski. I'm sure I could tell a difference skiing inbounds on alpine boots and bindings, but there is certainly a much bigger difference in the feel of my alpine boots vs my touring boots or FKS vs pin bindings than there is in the difference of the layups. I have deviated towards other skis over the years, but I have not yet found a layup that has that "feel" (except for the OG 4FRNT Renegade with the wood sidewalls, but that ski was SO heavy). Moment skis, for example, feel somehow less damp and more dead to me. (Though I haven't skied their touring layup)

I haven't yet had them in DEEP pow (hopefully at some point, fingers crossed), but they ski boot deep pow, facets, windboard, suncrust, etc, all very very well. The WD110T is like a BG that can hold an edge on steep hardpack. Yeah, it's not as surfy as a BG, but for where/how I ski, I'm more than willing to take that hit for the improved edge hold of that wider tail. I've posted before about how much I hate pintailed skis on firm, steep snow, and the WD110T does not have that issue.

Mount +1 if you like progressive mounts. Be warned: with the rocker profile, I would not go farther forward than +1.5. If you really want to mount +2 or more, just get a Jeffrey 110 Tour instead. I'm serious. At > +2, I don't think you'll be too far forward for the sidecut on the WD110, but you'll lose the benefit of the BG rocker profile, which makes keeps your tips up in pow at high speed, landings, etc. YMMV, but I wouldn't go any further back than the line or farther forward than +1.5.

I know the WD110 hasn't gotten a lot of love in this thread. I can see how the Woodsman 110 would be too much of a compromise as an inbounds ski. I am very very happy with my Jeffery 110 + 191 BG quiver for inbounds. But for touring, where you might encounter a ton of different conditions in a single day, the Woodsman 110 Tour is amazing. It really is like a cross between a Jeffrey 110 and a Billy Goat. I could not be more stoked.

Just a repop: holding some beat up 184 goats, non-asym, with the topographic top sheet. Not looking for much

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Room for more holes? Looks like you’re in Colorado - any chance you’ll be in Utah at some point? I’ve been interested in trying a pre-asym version.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Just a repop: holding some beat up 184 goats, non-asym, with the topographic top sheet. Not looking for much
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Vmango View Post
    Re: the stiffer flex. Is this a preference for you as a skier or something you decided based on the lighter construction of the touring WD vs the regular?
    Yeah, that's a good question. I think it's a little bit of both, to be honest.

The evolution of this for me personally is that my first pair of ON3P skis was the first run of the woodgrain topsheets back in 2012 or 2013. The skis (191 Billy Goats) came out stiffer than intended -- Scott offered to remake them but I said stiffer sounds fun, I'll ski 'em. And they were perfection. Like a SuperGoat before the SuperGoat. I had gone through this phase of only skiing pow skis, and I was looking for a more daily driver. So the next year, I ordered some 186 Jeffreys 110s, and of course I wanted the same layup because the 191 BGs were perfect. So that's my personal bias here. However, I've come to find that there's a point at which a stiff ski ends up deflecting more than a softer ski in chop, and you actually can't ski quite as fast on a really stiff ski because you can't shut it down fast enough. So it's really a balance, and I would definitely want to ski (or at least hand flex) any of ON3Ps inbounds skis before changing the flex.

For the WD 110 T, though, I do think it makes a lot of sense for that ski to be a little stiffer if you're trying to ski fast in the backcountry. If you're meadow skipping and tooling around, then I'm sure the stock stiffness is fine. I have not skied the WD110. My wife has a pair of WD108, and they flex about the same as my Woodman 110 tours. I suspect the regular "stiffer than stock" would also be awesome.

Keep in mind also that Scott has a lot of considerations when designing a ski like weight, target audience, etc, to sell skis and keep his business profitable that we TGR armchair QBs tend to ignore in our armchair QBing. I'm not trying to imply here at all that the WD110tour is somehow poorly designed in stock form.

Anyway, here's a pic from yesterday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	752.8 KB 
ID:	435520

photos

Someone here could use these. Sick deal. Looks like p15 on them. P15's sell for that around here. Price is in CAD

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ski/calgary/...114/1640150963

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Someone here could use these. Sick deal. Looks like p15 on them. P15's sell for that around here. Price is in CAD

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ski/calgary/...114/1640150963

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Gosh darn those old Jeffries are amazing if you’re into bigger turn radii.
    My old duck camo jeffries are still some of a my favorite skis and I’ve never jived with the newer generations as well to this day.

Also thanks for the great writeup Auvgeek, I'm a big fan of the og WD108 for inbounds(after fixing the tune) and I have a buddy who loves the tours aswell.

Did ON3P make a 184 in the Jeffrey 114, or does he mean 186?

photos

Anyone looking for BG118’s in a 192? There is a lightly used single mount pair in Whistler for $500 cdn …which is like $375 usd!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8658010508504/

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Did ON3P make a 184 in the Jeffrey 114, or does he mean 186?
    186, first year was 108 underfoot then 110 after.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko888 View Post
    Anyone looking for BG118’s in a 192? There is a lightly used single mount pair in Whistler for $500 cdn …which is like $375 usd!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8658010508504/
    Seems like a few BG118 192’s have been passed around after just a few days…

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

Those are mine

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man;[URL="tel:6738785"
    6738785[/URL]]Seems like a few BG118 192’s have been passed around after just a few days…

The other pair are mine and I replaced them with the same thing just with Point Break graphics. These are hands down my favorite powder ski. It’s about to start nuking and is a great time to pick up some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Through random FB marketplace and CL searches, it looks like new the BGs and pretty much any version of the Woodsman are the only ON3Ps that get moved around a lot. Jeffrey/oldBG/Wren are a lot less common. I see a lot of woodsmans for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Through random FB marketplace and CL searches, it looks like new the BGs and pretty much any version of the Woodsman are the only ON3Ps that get moved around a lot. Jeffrey/oldBG/Wren are a lot less common. I see a lot of woodsmans for sale.
    And the Woodsman is a good ski, albeit a bit soft snow biased. I sold mine since they weren’t quite as “loose and smeary” in 3D snow as I would have wanted, but otherwise, a very versatile ski.

I still haven’t skied my 187 BG118’s yet (what a travesty!). Hoping for good things. 🤞
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...