Page 468 of 599 FirstFirst ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... LastLast
Results 11,676 to 11,700 of 14969
    Just talked to them a couple days ago. Customs are 5-6 weeks.

I'm looking at 192s and they won't have them until January. Need to go custom if I want them before then.

Supply chain for the raw materials is a bitch right now

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Where is the recommended line on the Woodsman 110?
    The 192 Woods 110 is at -7.75, and I believe it goes forward about .25 cms per size as you go down, but don't quote me on the latter. I spoke with Iggy about mount point as I wanted a more playful ski but prefer more traditional mounts; he said I'd be fine at -1 which is where I'm gonna mount (heresy I know). Haven't been on em yet but will report back when things open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    The 192 Woods 110 is at -7.75, and I believe it goes forward about .25 cms per size as you go down, but don't quote me on the latter. I spoke with Iggy about mount point as I wanted a more playful ski but prefer more traditional mounts; he said I'd be fine at -1 which is where I'm gonna mount (heresy I know). Haven't been on em yet but will report back when things open up.
    Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Look what I found!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Took me 2 years to find a pair. With ions on them i can ski them anywhere in any condition. West coast happy medium that rips in pow

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Took me 2 years to find a pair. With ions on them i can ski them anywhere in any condition. West coast happy medium that rips in pow

Hence why I jumped on the local Craigslist find. 189s are loooong though but seems like a great ski

Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Hence why I jumped on the local Craigslist find. 189s are loooong though but seems like a great ski

No 2nd thoughts on pulling the trigger on those. Have fun!!

I own 3 pair of ON3P: ‘20 BG116 184, ‘20 Woods 108 182 & ‘21 Woods 102 182. Loved the 108…until I got onto the BG! …now I notice the long tails. Have only skied the 102’s once. My low tide ski is a Brahma.

What are the coles notes on the Wren 102 ti? I’m an older advanced directional skier, no tricks or treats, not a charger…ski interior BC. Might the Wren 102ti be the better ‘tweaner between the Brahma and BG? Will it feel a lot different than my Woods 102? Thanks!

Looking for an everyday charging/pow/hardpack-capable ski for my 15-yo kid (150# 5'9"). I ski exclusively ON3P and I'd love to get him a pair now that he is getting older.

He rips and is almost as fast as me now

Woodsman short turn radius seems too turney for his style (he takes after me after all). Wren is probably too long and maybe too stiff. I was looking at the 177 BG, but 118mm uf seems too wide for hard-pack days considering he is pretty light. I like the idea of the 110, but they only make that in the tour layup stock. This will be an in-bounds ski with possibly a bit of BC (we will mount marker frame touring bindings on them), but we would want full in-bounds performance since we are also looking at a tech setup for him for big touring days in the spring.

Do I bite the bullet and get the custom BG 110 with a in-bounds layup instead of the tour layup for $`100 more?

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Looking for an everyday charging/pow/hardpack-capable ski for my 15-yo kid (150# 5'9"). I ski exclusively ON3P and I'd love to get him a pair now that he is getting older.

Woodsman short turn radius seems too turney for his style (he takes after me after all). Wren is probably too long and maybe too stiff. I was looking at the 177 BG, but 118mm uf seems too wide for hard-pack days considering he is pretty light. I like the idea of the 110, but they only make that in the tour layup stock. This will be an in-bounds ski with possibly a bit of BC (we will mount marker frame touring bindings on them), but we would want full in-bounds performance since we are also looking at a tech setup for him for big touring days in the spring.

Do I bite the bullet and get the custom BG 110 with a in-bounds layup instead of the tour layup for $`100 more?
    23m turn radius on the WD110 in 187 is too turny? It seems like that'd be just the ticket to me. Standard layup.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

“Do I bite the bullet and get custom in bound layup?”

Yup
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Looking for an everyday charging/pow/hardpack-capable ski for my 15-yo kid (150# 5'9").... Woodsman short turn radius seems too turney for his style (he takes after me after all)...
    I would not describe my first year WD108s as turny (like at all) nor so are the tails of Wren108s overly punishing (again, at all) aka the core the new WD110 is modeled upon. As such the new WD110 should continue having lots of stability regardless of speed, yet be a bit more nimble and easy to ski in tight spots.

I am about the same size as your kid and ski 182/184s - your kid should not have any problems with WD/BGs in 177 and possibly 182 too. In fact, I would def consider going for the longer length if he is chargy enough that a 23m radius ski would be considered too turny

BG110 is offered in both tour and stock layups on ON3P's website. The stock layup version is in stock in all lengths.

If you want to go custom the added cost for a stock ski (without any options that cost money - like certain graphics, sidewall, base, layup and softness/stiffness) is 20usd during the ongoing custom sale, not 100 - with a 5-6 week lead time.

This will be an in-bounds ski with possibly a bit of BC (we will mount marker frame touring bindings on them), but we would want full in-bounds performance since we are also looking at a tech setup for him for big touring days in the spring.
    I would consider going with ideally Castified Pivot 15s, or Shifts or Duke PT over frame bindings if you can bankroll the added expense - way superior products, both on the hill and touring, and a lof more futureproof.

WD110 would be my choice for an allround ski due to their superior hard snow prowess compared to the BG110s, while BG110s is an awesome contender if you ski a lot of variable. Both are mighty fine skis, so you can't really go wrong with either to be fair. A 182 ski with for instance Castified Pivots should be pretty futureproof and should last him a few years at the least, even if he grows/bulks up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko888 View Post
    I own 3 pair of ON3P: ‘20 BG116 184, ‘20 Woods 108 182 & ‘21 Woods 102 182. Loved the 108…until I got onto the BG! …now I notice the long tails. Have only skied the 102’s once. My low tide ski is a Brahma.

What are the coles notes on the Wren 102 ti? I’m an older advanced directional skier, no tricks or treats, not a charger…ski interior BC. Might the Wren 102ti be the better ‘tweaner between the Brahma and BG? Will it feel a lot different than my Woods 102? Thanks!
    to comapre the two - Wren102tis should be even stronger on edge, damper, but also require more speed and commitment to come alive, though without being punishing or hard to ski. Wood102s will still be able to rally plenty hard, but be funner at slower speeds and more nimble in tighter terrain. Woods should also be more permissive wrt different types of stances, though to be fair - both wrens and woods are easy to ski skis.

That being said, your current setup with 21 WD102 sounds like a great setup an I would def ski it more before making any changes.

Keep in mind that your 2021 102s are softer and less chargy than your 2020 108s. The Woodsman mount point moved back slightly from 2020 to 2021 too - so the tails on your 102s should be less noticable compared to your 108s.

If you ski your 102s and find the tails too long/stiff and not something you can grow used to (which would be odd considering you ski Brahmas - which are no noodles out back), then 2022 WD102s arguably makes more sense in your quiver than Wren102ti as you already have a charger in your Brahmas.

Don't let all the talk concerning the previous versions of the Woodsman's tails vs the new core profile / mount point of the 2022 version in this thread make you less stoked on your 20 and 21 model year skis - they are awesome skis.

Thanks Kid-kapow… your reply is helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Marko888 View Post
    Thanks Kid-kapow… your reply is helpful!
    If you do decide to part ways w the 102s keep me in mind!
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I would not describe my first year WD108s as turny (like at all) nor so are the tails of Wren108s overly punishing (again, at all) aka the core the new WD110 is modeled upon. As such the new WD110 should continue having lots of stability regardless of speed, yet be a bit more nimble and easy to ski in tight spots.

I am about the same size as your kid and ski 182/184s - your kid should not have any problems with WD/BGs in 177 and possibly 182 too. In fact, I would def consider going for the longer length if he is chargy enough that a 23m radius ski would be considered too turny

BG110 is offered in both tour and stock layups on ON3P's website. The stock layup version is in stock in all lengths.

If you want to go custom the added cost for a stock ski (without any options that cost money - like certain graphics, sidewall, base, layup and softness/stiffness) is 20usd during the ongoing custom sale, not 100 - with a 5-6 week lead time.

I would consider going with ideally Castified Pivot 15s, or Shifts or Duke PT over frame bindings if you can bankroll the added expense - way superior products, both on the hill and touring, and a lof more futureproof.

WD110 would be my choice for an allround ski due to their superior hard snow prowess compared to the BG110s, while BG110s is an awesome contender if you ski a lot of variable. Both are mighty fine skis, so you can't really go wrong with either to be fair. A 182 ski with for instance Castified Pivots should be pretty futureproof and should last him a few years at the least, even if he grows/bulks up a bit.
    Thanks so much!

I know we are in 118 BG season but for all you Asym lovers (like myself) I'm selling a pair of C&Ds here.

Are you speaking from experience? I'm assuming moving the mount point back did that? Contemplating whether I should stick to the 187 length if i got the new 110 Woodsman or step down to 182.. While it didn't feel like a long ski I feel it would be a bit more maneuverable.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Fencejack, the new woodsman fixed the tail issues you experienced on the first Gen, which was most noticeable in the 108

Change in flex pattern mostly

Quote Originally Posted by fencejack View Post
    Are you speaking from experience? I'm assuming moving the mount point back did that? Contemplating whether I should stick to the 187 length if i got the new 110 Woodsman or step down to 182.. While it didn't feel like a long ski I feel it would be a bit more maneuverable.
    The ski was just released, so I doubt any mags have had time on them yet.

From the info that is out there the tails do sound a bit more mellow. The mount point has moved back 12.5mm from the OG WD108 too (-5mm compared to MY21) and the new core profile is based on the Wren (MY21 WD108 also had a tweaked core profile and layup compared to MY20, where 177/182s also were made a bit softer compared to MY20 - source). It is not like this thread has been inundated with people finding Wren tails overly punishing. Undertow's posts quoted below are the most descriptive yet wrt the changes.

I for one am pretty confident that the new ones are killer, arguably moving the WD110 closer to being a slightly more approachable, lively and nimble Wren in some respects, but retain its ability as a ski that can rally hard. They should be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Attachment 384003
    110 Woods delivered today - flex has def changed compared to the OG 108s I just sold…. As always top notch quality and service - have t is an absolute stunner…
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    sf, they def flex softer compared to my 108 Wrens and stiffer than my Kartels…. They flex very similar to the Nordica Enforcer series - just a very nice balanced flex that has some firmness to them but by no means a stout stiff flex…

B10, these are 192 110s and 192 MFree 108s…
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 10-26-2021 at 04:57 AM.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The ski was just released, so I doubt any mags have had time on them yet.

From the info that is out there the tails do sound a bit more mellow. The mount point has moved back 12.5mm from the OG WD108 too (-5mm compared to MY21) and the new core profile is based on the Wren (MY21 WD108 also had a tweaked core profile and layup compared to MY20, where 177/182s also were made a bit softer compared to MY20 - source). It is not like this thread has been inundated with people finding Wren tails overly punishing. Undertow's posts quoted below are the most descriptive yet wrt the changes.

I for one am pretty confident that the new ones are killer, arguably moving the WD110 closer to being a slightly more approachable, lively and nimble Wren in some respects, but retain its ability as a ski that can rally hard. They should be great.
    Kid, you are killing it with your responses - very detailed and informative - def an asset to the board…

I sold my the OG Woods 108 as when I flexed them they just were not what I was expecting…. I have a pretty big ON3P quiver and to date my Wren 98 and 108 are my favorite skis - they just do everything well…. On the flip side I have 191 116 Kartels and were a main reason for having some of the best POW days…. They are obviously at the complete opposite end of the ski spectrum when compared to the Wren…. So when I heard about Iggy and crew creating a ski that would be the baby if the Wren and Kartel had sex…

I called into ON3P this spring as I was interested in the 110 Billy as an inbounds POW travel ski…. I was lucky enough to talk to the man himself and he was super stoked on the Woods and the changes they made…. That was enough for me…

As stated there was change to the flex - tails were soften a bit but from the mid section to the tip it is still beefy…. As far as mount point I do not believe there is to much tail…. For reference I have put the 192 Woods next to my 193 SGs and beloved 189 108 Wrens…. Not a perfect way to compare but should give you an idea…

I am super excited for these skis and if they ski the way I am hoping I will be begging Iggy to make a 116+…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635250681.367398.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	390382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1668.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	390383

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Undertow; 10-26-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Others have posted a lot of the detail I could give, but just as an additional data point, I'm the same size as your kid and you know how I ski. The Woodsman is way more capable of charging and stable in long radius turns than you might think from the dimensions. It's definitely more forgiving than my 186 Wren 113s or my 182 Belafontes, but still plenty capable. If you're thinking he's not ready for a Wren, I think he'd be very stoked on a 182 Woodsman.

Edit to add - I would not go with a BG110, I don't think it will have the firm snow performance that you will want as a Front Range weekend warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Others have posted a lot of the detail I could give, but just as an additional data point, I'm the same size as your kid and you know how I ski. The Woodsman is way more capable of charging and stable in long radius turns than you might think from the dimensions. It's definitely more forgiving than my 186 Wren 113s or my 182 Belafontes, but still plenty capable. If you're thinking he's not ready for a Wren, I think he'd be very stoked on a 182 Woodsman.

Edit to add - I would not go with a BG110, I don't think it will have the firm snow performance that you will want as a Front Range weekend warrior.
    Thanks Jeff. This is helpful. Hoping to get some turns in with you this winter!