Page 441 of 594 FirstFirst ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Any pics of the Hawaiian Alpine or Floral Print?
    In terms of ready to go photography, only Hawaiian Alpine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022_Landing_HawaiianAlpine_2400x1200.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	460.8 KB 
ID:	380416
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

^^ Love that with the yellow sidewalls

Who's been on the full-size BG tour in the resort? The leftovers are tempting...

They'd be for 6"+ days only. Zero touring. Yes I know 'wrong tool' but....I had C&D's a couple of years ago and liked the rounder flex. Wondering if that's a good comparison.

So, on the new BG118, I see that the mount point was moved back slightly (not sure how far) in addition to the tail rocker profile being changed.

Interesting.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I’m on the front range looking for a chargy dd. I’m just under 5.10, weigh 150#. Mostly a weekend warrior/eldora Friday afternoons type - I like to go fast yet retain mobility in the trees. Was thinking the WD102 (182) is it. I’m smitten by the sex factor of the 110 but fear that most of my days aren’t a great match for its sweet spot.

Thoughts on my rationale/proposed length?

Quote Originally Posted by ptfinnegan View Post
    I’m on the front range looking for a chargy dd. I’m just under 5.10, weigh 150#. Mostly a weekend warrior/eldora Friday afternoons type - I like to go fast yet retain mobility in the trees. Was thinking the WD102 (182) is it. I’m smitten by the sex factor of the 110 but fear that most of my days aren’t a great match for its sweet spot.

I think you're on the right track length and width wise. I think most of the sex appeal on the WD110 vs the WD102 is the graphic, but right now you can get a different than stock graphic on the WD102 for the same price.
    FWIW, I skied my old JMos (181cm, 101mm) in pretty deep snow and they did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Who's been on the full-size BG tour in the resort? The leftovers are tempting...

They'd be for 6"+ days only. Zero touring. Yes I know 'wrong tool' but....I had C&D's a couple of years ago and liked the rounder flex. Wondering if that's a good comparison.
    I know this is kinda obvious, but it all comes down a tradeoff and what types of traits you want them to exibit.

I think BGtours will be exceedingly good pow skis in all but the most challenging conditions where the extra heft and stiffness of the regular BG will give them the advantage (probably by a fairly big margin). BGtours will be even more nimble and easy to throw around compared to stock due to their lower weight, and should be more floaty due to their rounder flex. The rounder flex and lower weight will make them less potent at smashing through stuff, though. BGtours will be more work in variable (do less of the job for you), but less work in pow (lower swing weight and more float). They are probably awesome in drier snow. I guess they will feel even looser if you mount them with standard alpine bindings with so much of the weight being underfoot. Def worth a try imho.

I've only been on BG108tours and standard BGs, but the former still skis awesomely imho and is plenty potent. They are no noodles. Sorry to speculate without having been on the skis, but the effects of the lighter build seem kinda logical

Quote Originally Posted by ptfinnegan View Post

This is the only review I've seen on woods102s. There has been very little chatter in this thread on the wood102s as far as I can recall.

They should fit the bill nicely, though there are two more options in addition to stock you can consider;

1) woods102 with titanal ordered through customs - I think it is supposed to be a choice in the builder or will be at some point, but they have made some in the past. The addition of titanal should make em even more capable at speed and in difficult conditions. Iggy has stated that they find that the regular layup is better for soft snow, but woods102tis seem like an increadibly versatile ski to me. My plan was originally to get such a pair this summer, before getting a pair of wood96s in the custom leftover sale.

2) wrenegade102 tis. More directional and a bit less lively on groomers, but still plenty nimble in soft snow and surprisingly approachable / easy to ski for how capable that they are. I've not tried 102s, but have time on wren96s, wren96tis and multiple pairs of wren108s - all are very good skis for directional skiers who want to go fast, yet relatively loose for what they are and easy to ski in soft snow.

Also consider calling/sending an email to ON3P and asking for their advice - theirs is usually spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

This is the only review I've seen on woods102s. There has been very little chatter in this thread on the wood102s as far as I can recall.

They should fit the bill nicely, though there are two more options in addition to stock you can consider;

1) woods102 with titanal ordered through customs - I think it is supposed to be a choice in the builder or will be at some point, but they have made some in the past. The addition of titanal should make em even more capable at speed and in difficult conditions. Iggy has stated that they find that the regular layup is better for soft snow, but woods102tis seem like an increadibly versatile ski to me. My plan was originally to get such a pair this summer, before getting a pair of wood96s in the custom leftover sale.

2) wrenegade102 tis. More directional and a bit less lively on groomers, but still plenty nimble in soft snow and surprisingly approachable / easy to ski for how capable that they are. I've not tried 102s, but have time on wren96s, wren96tis and multiple pairs of wren108s - all are very good skis for directional skiers who want to go fast, yet relatively loose for what they are and easy to ski in soft snow.

Also consider calling/sending an email to ON3P and asking for their advice - theirs is usually spot on.
    Great thoughts. Thank you! I’ve reached out to ON3P but haven’t heard back yet - will give em a call.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

Those are dope.

Beautiful top sheet. It bears mentioning, however, that flamingos are not native to Hawaii. They inhabit the Caribbean, Central, and South America in addition to Africa. Where is the quality control, Iggy?
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Yeah, they're predictably, great. They feel a lot like my pre-asym standard layup 116 goats flex wise, just quite a bit lighter on my feet (1900 grams vs. 2350 grams). So, pretty much what you would expect. IMO the weight is perfect when paired with lighter bindings, and you get that fully bomber ON3P durability on bases and edges. I mostly used them in fresh snow of various types, and they float way better than I expected. Noticeably better than my Wildcat tour 108's, which surprisingly enough feel different enough to warrant owning both. The extra heft in the BGt108's compared to the Wildcats is very noticeable, too. So, I use them for different terrain and different snow.

My favourite slush skis are the Wildcats (SO good!), but an all-time shitty season with a minuscule snowpack ended abruptly, so I never got to test the Goats much in spring conditions.
    I’m pretty sure Jeffrey 108 is the best slush ski ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are in FL and Everglades a nice name for a tree ski
    Uno mas

Anyone able to contrast the 50/50 with a standard on3p layup as a dedicated pow ski? Really eyeing the 192 x 118 goat

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Anyone able to contrast the 50/50 with a standard on3p layup as a dedicated pow ski? Really eyeing the 192 x 118 goat
    If you’re not mounting them with pins, go standard ATMO.

The tour layup is fantastic in pow but it will slow you down in variable and I don’t think you’d cope with Skylift and I dusting your ass on our SG’s.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    BG 110 50-50 layup to compliment the BG108 tour and +1.5 SG in the quiver

You're crazy? -or- Collect them all?
    I'm thinking the exact same thing. +1.5 SG and otherwise Steeple 103. Basically the same. However, I've also got Wren 110 Pros.

Certified nuts, going to order anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPHILL View Post
    I'm thinking the exact same thing. +1.5 SG and otherwise Steeple 103. Basically the same. However, I've also got Wren 110 Pros.

Certified nuts, going to order anyway.
    Curious to hear an a/b of the 110 pro and supergoats. I’ve had 3 different wren models but not that one.

Curious to hear an a/b of the 110 pro and supergoats. I’ve had 3 different wren models but not that one.
    Jogging my summer memory here. +1.5 SG vs Wren 110 Pros…

For 187 vs 193 they don’t feel exceptionality different in length, probably due to the SG more pronounced rocker profile. While they share similar DNA and behavior they’re completely different skis. The flat tail being the most difference between the two. The Wren tail is loud and proud ready to support/punish whenever needed, while the SG is more stiff all over and progressive, the tail is there but not punishing. SG enjoys being driven, the Wren Pro, only, likes to be driven.

The tip taper on the Wren Pro definitely impacts turn initiation and it’s crud/variable abilities, it slices and doesn’t get caught up on anything. If you’re comfortable with straight sidecut, it does rail hardpack when finessed. While the tip of the Supergoats planes and rises in almost all conditions. And does exceptionally well in chopped up powder.

I grab the Wren 110 Pros for any conditions, they’re great. I grab the Supergoats when there’s powder.

They’re very different but both reward being driven. However the geometry of how these skis are driven is very different as well. Wren 110 favor a forward stance is pretty much all conditions were as the SG move from center to forward.

Both mounted with Pivot 15s.

I first fell in love with ON3P with the 184 Steeple 103 Tour (Wood topsheets). Skied them everywhere. Yurt trips, inbounds, variable. Fantastic ski. The lighter weight required a bit more attention but they’ve treated me well over these years. Current mounted with Hagan Pures. Their shape is similar to a “mini” BG. This is why I’m probably going to custom a 192 BG 110 50/50 and throw Cast on ‘em. Looking for a blend of all the DNA stated above.

I don’t tailgun. 240# empty, more geared up, 6”1’.
    Other Skis I love: DPS L120 & L138, Blizzard 185 Cochise & 196 Bodacious, Blizzard Spur (OG Straight), Praxis Protest (&#128556,
    Other Skis I hate: Volkl V-Werk Katana, DPS Wailer 99 & 112, DPS F106 🤢, Armada Declivity, 188 Black Crows Corvus

I dont need any more skis right now, but I'm very close to ordering a pair of custom BG118s just for these topsheets. Holy cow thats beautiful.

If you’re not mounting them with pins, go standard ATMO.

The tour layup is fantastic in pow but it will slow you down in variable and I don’t think you’d cope with Skylift and I dusting your ass on our SG’s.
    You're 100% correct.

Attachment 380341

There will be a lot more website-based product photography and additions to the product pages this year, but we're waiting until all the new Shopify 2.0 updates role out to our themes before we start building up again, so we're spending as little time on the website as possible until then (supposed to role out early August, so just hoping that timeline holds so we can get most everything rebuilt before Labor Day).

Attachment 380340

As everyone seem to have mentioned, BO118 is analogous to the Jeffrey 118, so if that is the style you are going for Jeffrey would be what I would focus on in terms of comparison.

Iggy - are those green sidewalls standard with the BG118 midnight topsheet? Or are green sidewalls custom only?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Anyone care to throw in a quick comparison between a ~2014ish Renegade and a BG?

I love my Ren in JP but am contemplating a new 50/50 ski with cast. Am considering a Hoji but the BG is super intriguing. 110 or 118? Would the 110 actually be any less loose in variable bc snow?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ren (Owls) - Awesome soft snow ski but punishing once things get cut up. I've been on mine in the b/c a few times and daily resort skiing Japan maybe 5yrs ago. Not nearly versatile enough as a resort ski for me in the western US. Unique feel that always took a few laps for me to get used to.
    Hoji (Red/White) - My daily b/c ski for CO and lots of different areas in the western US over 4+(?) seasons. Not stout enough for a true 50/50 imo. Smaller sweet spot than many other skis. Solid if not spectacular (B+). Mine are pretty beat FWIW. New one might be different.
    BG (Whitewash/fence graphic 2014?) - Best "suspension" of any of these three hands down. Crush variable. Mine are mounted for resort, and I look for excuses to take them out over narrower skis any time the snow is soft (4"+), mostly because I like the suspension feel so much. Not loose like a Ren or 138 but very loose, just different. I'm convinced I ski better on these than anything else I own. For Japan I can't imagine picking the narrower option.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post

I know people who ride the BG Tour inside the resort and love it.
    I rode the stock BG for 3 years. While it is great (and seemingly purpose-built) for PNW snow, I felt it actually had more heft and stiffness than was completely necessary in Utah snow (for me at 180lbs anyway).
    Assuming you're relatively light on your feet, I would expect that the BG Tour could actually be the better pow ski for Utah/Colorado/Wyoming conditions.
    Now that they have a 50/50 layup option, I think that's the only configuration I'll take for any future ON3P purchases...

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Anyone care to throw in a quick comparison between a ~2014ish Renegade and a BG?

I love my Ren in JP but am contemplating a new 50/50 ski with cast. Am considering a Hoji but the BG is super intriguing. 110 or 118? Would the 110 actually be any less loose in variable bc snow?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No comparison, but a comment.

I guess the 110 and 118 will be similarly loose, but the 118 will demand less speed to become loose. (if they share the rest of the geometry)

Kinda like the difference between the current BG and the C&D.

For deep loose JPow I'd go 118.
    Skied the OG C&Ds vs GPOs in Niseko a few years back. No contest in the trees.

If you ski more alpine terrain the 110 might be good, but the old 116 is crazy good in breakable crusts etc

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    I know people who ride the BG Tour inside the resort and love it.
    I rode the stock BG for 3 years. While it is great (and seemingly purpose-built) for PNW snow, I felt it actually had more heft and stiffness than was completely necessary in Utah snow (for me at 180lbs anyway).
    Assuming you're relatively light on your feet, I would expect that the BG Tour could actually be the better pow ski for Utah/Colorado/Wyoming conditions.
    Now that they have a 50/50 layup option, I think that's the only configuration I'll take for any future ON3P purchases...
    This is the answer.

For resort powder skiing:
    Coastal/maritime snow = stock BG
    Light/interior snow = 50/50 or Tour (based on preference)

I'm looking at the tour core as a PNW touring ski, but can't imagine choosing a lighter core for my regular powder ski at Alpental.

I can't disagree more, there's absolutely no reason that I would want to trade my standard layup BG for tour or 50/50 for CO resort pow skiing.