Page 438 of 599 FirstFirst ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... LastLast
Results 10,926 to 10,950 of 14972
    Woodsman 110 with 50/50 construction.

::drools::
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    That's why I said in the past to bring back the Caylor.
    Now I'm going to say bring back the Jeffery 122
    You know, the fun I have on my Caylor’s is unparalleled so far. It’s the only thing holding me back on new Goats. Between the Caylor’s and C&D’s I have plenty of fun in soft snow and I just don’t know if I’ll ride a Goat much. I didn’t ride my last pair much (pre-asym) and sold them last season. But……… there is a part of me that thinks I should retire the Caylor’s to “special days only” and get these new Goats. Time to start planning the story I’m gonna tell the wife. She needs new skis this season, so maybe that’ll soften the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Hmm, a stiffer longer flatter tail non asym Billy Goat? Now we’re talking!
    I’ve moved on from the goats since the 191 as it just didn’t fit my criteria for what I wanted in a ski. It is a great ski but for me was lacking in certain aspects.
    Not a big fan of asym, really it’s just a design hype that people bought into and isn’t noticeable enough to matter. Notice how most manufacturers are moving away from it?
    The flatter tail rocker is a great thing. More supportive as well as more engagement if needed exiting a turn. Shape has a lot to do with how well that tail will behave in soft snow, my Protests have a very low rocker profile yet fucking rule and release without effort in heavy heavy mank. I can see how people who are afraid to commit to their shins and turn off their tails would see this as a possible negative. Seen a few “ good skiers” get their ass kicked by the Lhasa by trying to tail turn that beast. Pretty comical.
    At 118 I highly doubt this ski will make into my already really dialed quiver unfortunately, have Lhasa’s and the best resort pow/mank ski of all time, Protesteses. (Looks over shoulder) I’ve really wanted to get a goat back in the herd and this ski looks to be a killer ski, well done ON3P! I cannot wait to read the reviews and possibly try a pair this winter.
    So asym isn’t noticeable but you moved on from it because you didn’t like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    So asym isn’t noticeable but you moved on from it because you didn’t like it?

191 doesn’t have asym ffs. Smh.
    I moved on from the 191 due to a softer tip that plowed in lower density snow which kept it from accelerating out of turns for me, not just me as others have this experience. Not going to beat that horse again.
    Fwiw I’ve skied the asym SG, non asym 189 and asym 189 goats.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    You know, the fun I have on my Caylor’s is unparalleled so far. It’s the only thing holding me back on new Goats. Between the Caylor’s and C&D’s I have plenty of fun in soft snow and I just don’t know if I’ll ride a Goat much. I didn’t ride my last pair much (pre-asym) and sold them last season. But……… there is a part of me that thinks I should retire the Caylor’s to “special days only” and get these new Goats. Time to start planning the story I’m gonna tell the wife. She needs new skis this season, so maybe that’ll soften the blow.
    FWIW I feel like the shape of the Caylor/Jeffery/Kartel just perform better where you ski (T-line). I had a T-line pass this year and really ended up overall preferring my J108 over my BG's even on the deepest days. I only got one day on the new J118 there, but had more fun than I did all season on my BG 's. I think the BG just performs better in steeper conditions. It took a deep day a ski bowl to really re-connect with the BG for me.

YMMV.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

New Woodsman likely solved this as we redesigned the core profile - one aspect of which was making the tail flex much more progressive - a change that is much more in line with the BG/Wren profiles. So wouldn't tie that issue to rocker but flex and balance.
    I was just reading back through the thread and found this. The locked-in tail of the older Woodsman was an attribute I couldn't get over. My opinion was that the tail was too stiff for the progressive mount point, so it's cool to see the update addressing this and I'm tempted to give them another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I was just reading back through the thread and found this. The locked-in tail of the older Woodsman was an attribute I couldn't get over. My opinion was that the tail was too stiff for the progressive mount point, so it's cool to see the update addressing this and I'm tempted to give them another try.
    I haven't ridden the Woodsman yet. I have a pair of J108s that are fairly similar to my Mordecai 114s which I'm keeping as true powder skis, and I was wondering if the W108s would be a better slot in the quiver than the J108s. Would I hate the tails of the Woods? I love the jeffs, just think maybe having something in the quiver that is a little (not a lot) more carvable would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    191 doesn’t have asym ffs. Smh.
    I moved on from the 191 due to a softer tip that plowed in lower density snow which kept it from accelerating out of turns for me, not just me as others have this experience. Not going to beat that horse again.
    Fwiw I’ve skied the asym SG, non asym 189 and asym 189 goats.
    Yes. SMH

You said you didn’t like the goat since they made it asym (post 191) because you don’t like asym

Then you rant about how asym isn’t noticeable and is all hype

If it’s not noticeable and all hype, why did you move on from BG since they introduced asym?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Yes. SMH

You said you didn’t like the goat since they made it asym (post 191) because you don’t like asym

Then you rant about how asym isn’t noticeable and is all hype

If it’s not noticeable and all hype, why did you move on from BG since they introduced asym?

Never said that, quote me where I said those exact words, you can’t.
    Didn’t rant, you’re just butthurt because my opinion on a design differs from yours and most manufacturers are going away from it.
    Moved on from the BG due to reasons I stated above that you failed to comprehend.

BG 110 50-50 layup to compliment the BG108 tour and +1.5 SG in the quiver

You're crazy? -or- Collect them all?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

I’m the last guy to say “don’t buy more skis”, but what is the material difference between the tour and 50-50 layups?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

.Name:  9e3452843ba0e15d9d59836d9e11a868.jpeg
Views: 759
Size:  12.5 KB

Name:  signs_point.jpeg
Views: 744
Size:  17.7 KB

holy jeebus guys, agruing about preference is kinda pointless - unless you ski the same terrain/snow with the same technique. And 123ski, worry not - asym will probably be available through customs for quite some time, and your current pair is probably going to last long enough that you will want a new pair before they are worn out So everybody wins

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I’m the last guy to say “don’t buy more skis”, but what is the material difference between the tour and 50-50 layups?
    It is explained in the custom builder, but 50/50 = tour core + regular base/edges.

So the tour layup provides weight savings and rounder flex due to the different core layup and thinner base/edges, while 50/50 will have a damper ride (compared to tour, less damp than regular) and indestructability from the base/edges at a comparable stiffness to the regular layup, but at a reduced weight. I do not know if the paulownia stringers adds torsional stiffness or not, but the tour core skis exceedingly well imho.

A 50/50 ski is a very good compromise, though for the use I would probably go regular layup for their inhanced ability to crush variable due to slightly more weight as you already have a BG108tour for shallower days, touring and uses where light weight nimbleness is the name of the game. BG110regular would better bridge the gap imho. BGs ain't that tiring to ski as their weight is pretty dialed, BGs are no carvers at the best of times too, so I am not sure what a 50/50 layup will add that a regular layup ski will not - though to be fair, if you plan on using them as pow tourers 50/50 could make sense. I just imagine that woods and jeffs would benefit more from a 50/50 layup than BGs, though I might be completely off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5050.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	380006

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    holy jeebus guys, agruing about preference is kinda pointless - unless you ski the same terrain/snow with the same technique. And 123ski, worry not - asym will probably be available through customs for quite some time, and your current pair is probably going to last long enough that you will want a new pair before they are worn out So everybody wins

It is explained in the custom builder, but 50/50 = tour core + regular base/edges.

So the tour layup provides weight savings and rounder flex due to the different core layup and thinner base/edges, while 50/50 will have a damper ride (compared to tour, less damp than regular) and indestructability from the base/edges at a comparable stiffness to the regular layup, but at a reduced weight. I do not know if the paulownia stringers adds torsional stiffness or not, but the tour core skis exceedingly well imho.

A 50/50 ski is a very good compromise, though for the use I would probably go regular layup for their inhanced ability to crush variable due to slightly more weight as you already have a BG108tour for shallower days, touring and uses where light weight nimbleness is the name of the game. BG110regular would better bridge the gap imho. BGs ain't that tiring to ski as their weight is pretty dialed, BGs are no carvers at the best of times too, so I am not sure what a 50/50 layup will add that a regular layup ski will not - though to be fair, if you plan on using them as pow tourers 50/50 could make sense. I just imagine that woods and jeffs would benefit more from a 50/50 layup than BGs, though I might be completely off.

Name:	5050.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	380006
    I guess I should have thought to look at the custom builder info, but appreciate the explanation nonetheless. I see why people like that 50/50 core compromise.

Lots of fun options to fill the late summer/early fall days mulling over!

Lots of fun options to fill the late summer/early fall days mulling over!

Name:	tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpeg 
Views:	224 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	380014Your office wall looks like this when you ski shop, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post

Name:	tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpeg 
Views:	224 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	380014Your office wall looks like this when you ski shop, doesn't it?
    Actually, I love gear and the nuances of different designs, but I don’t buy skis like that.

I’m much more impulse driven in most cases.

As far as a pair of new Goats go, maybe some stock 110’s…maybe nothing new at all.

Your office wall looks like this when you ski shop, doesn't it?
    snicker - doesn't everybody's office look like that pre-season?

Aforementioned le Goat Pen;
    I think it is fair to say that Bandit should able to provide pretty damned nuanced feedback across various BG designs What I perceive as his/your hunting for understanding caused by slight nuances in ski designs exibited in his/your quiver is probably my favorite thing about it.

And no worries Bandit, glad I could help re the 50/50 question

Yah let’s not sour the incoming vibe. I’m mixed on asym- enjoying my BGs with it but disliked Quixote. I’ve also felt super connected to 116 uf until started skiing 108s. Feel like 110s will be a sweat spot for the factory and clientele. But I’ve also grown to enjoy skinnier skis the last two seasons. Have a few 95s, multiple 105-108s, and maxing out at 116BGs. Added an icon 83 metal this summer just to rage in those super dry periods.
    For me the BG110 in 187 sounds like perfection. Likely a great platform and can still get air-turns pumping in the deep. So stoked to ski this year, didn’t capitalize last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    had the same thought, i’m interested to get on a pair at some point. but also am sincerely overdue in owning a BG variant

What's the date they go live on the website?

What's the date they go live on the website?
    You can build a custom one right now

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    You can build a custom one right now
    But what about instock ones?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    But what about instock ones?
    Why wouldn't you want billygoats with catcamo bases?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Why wouldn't you want billygoats with catcamo bases?
    $$$ custom aint cheap