Page 370 of 599 FirstFirst ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 14972
    X2 on those duck BG tours JA

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    X2 on those duck BG tours JA
    TY.

Looking forward to them.

https://www.newschoolers.com/videos/...rill--19----20

Love the style as it feels way more like my average day than massive AK spines. This makes me want Jefferys. Looks like he’s in the 108... might have to track down a pair.

Broken ski at 2:34?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Broken ski at 2:34?
    Looks like it. Followed by one of my favorite storm zones on earth at 2:35. Winter can come now.

Seeing Jonnie definitely makes me miss a fluffy fall line.

To add to the tour goat stoke, these just arrived:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201102_201027.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	346088

Planning to put some Helio 180s on them and do the heavy-ish ski, light binding thing. I haven't weighed them yet to check but I think that should be < 2 kg.

Another sweet looking pair of BG tours! When did you order them?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Where did you have the shims made? They look precision cut. Need to get a pair for my FR14s.

Quote Originally Posted by KM14 View Post
    Where did you have the shims made? They look precision cut. Need to get a pair for my FR14s.
    I made them in the following ghetto fashion:

kids gluestick on the bottom plane of the toepiece, stick it down to paper and stencil the outline, widen by 2mm all around, transfer to plastic sheet, rough cut w/ hacksaw, finish cut w/ flapper disk on angle grinder, deburr.

lol, maybe i have too much practice with a flapper disk

no nylons, they absorb water... I used HDPE but UHMW would also be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Another sweet looking pair of BG tours! When did you order them?
    Early September

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Early September

Nice to hear. Mine were mid-September, so hopefully not far behind you!

Doubt if anybody has had a chance yet to compare Jeffrey 102 vs. 108, but if they have, interested in the small differences and who/what conditions each would be best at.

I've been fortunate to get a little extra spending cash this year and have increased my quiver. Have a 2017 Volkl Mantra (fully rockered) as my DD, and have just picked up a Billy Goat and Pescado.

Now looking for 1 more ski to complete the quiver, and Jeffrey sounds like where it's at.

Mostly ski higher snow areas like Targhee, Wolf Creek, and Brighton, but occasionally lower ski areas also.

Does anyone know what the condition of the bases is on new on3ps? Specifically are they stone ground, or have they been waxed or something before shipping? I was thinking of maybe putting some of the phantom juice on the new touring skis...

I asked them about Phantom, and they weren’t too hot on it. They wax and hotbox their skis so you would need to stonegrind the bases.

In my experience, Phantom is snake oil and barely glides better than bone dry bases. I really wanted it to be good, but I eventually gave in and wax my Phantom’d skis as per normal.

I put Phantom 2.0 on my Wren108s last winter. The first several runs were terrible - brutal nose dive and lack of float. It was one of the better days of the season and I was pissed - 50cm powder and zero competition at the resort. After 2 runs I simply waxed them at the gondola station and they went back to normal.
    After I went back, I discussed the issue with the local dealer - they cleaned the skis thoroughly with wax remover and brushed them again. The issue seemed to be Phantom 2.0 residue left on skis - it is white in color and difficult to spot on On3p bases.
    Since then Phantom seem to work reasonably well - propably on par with fast waxing at a ski shop near the slopes, but worse than nice home made N-layer waxing .

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Does anyone know what the condition of the bases is on new on3ps? Specifically are they stone ground, or have they been waxed or something before shipping? I was thinking of maybe putting some of the phantom juice on the new touring skis...

waxed an hot boxed from the factory.
    Training for Alpental

Thanks all! Will maybe just skip the phantom for now, seems like it may not be worth the trouble.

I don't have long term experience with Phantom. But.....I had it done on a pair of BG's 2 yrs ago, and had 3 ski days on them. They did not glide well, and to me felt like skis badly in need of a wax. I've wondered of there's supposed to be some initial "break in" period with the treatment that you need to get through; and if it would've improved over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    I don't have long term experience with Phantom. But.....I had it done on a pair of BG's 2 yrs ago, and had 3 ski days on them. They did not glide well, and to me felt like skis badly in need of a wax. I've wondered of there's supposed to be some initial "break in" period with the treatment that you need to get through; and if it would've improved over time.
    I would either stone grind them or clean them very carefully (wax remover + a lot of brushing). The cleaning solved the issue in my case.

I have it on two pairs of skis with lots of days on one pair. Works great but if you don’t get all the residue off they will have glide issues. To get the residue off just brush down with a firm horse hair brush.

Remounting a pair of Wren 108tis. I think there is room on the line, but if not forward or back on the mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Wrens that I used demo bindings on few a few days last season. I expected to like them better forward of the line. Settled on the link with -1 being my second favorite.

Not a big person. On the 189cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I had Wrens that I used demo bindings on few a few days last season. I expected to like them better forward of the line. Settled on the link with -1 being my second favorite.

Not a big person. On the 189cm.
    Good to know. I would have thought forward as well. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk