Page 360 of 599 FirstFirst ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 14972
    Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    longtime bg fan, checking in with building excitement for the bg & woodsman pairing for soft snow dominaaaationnnn
    Did this for the last two seasons: Stock WD108/stock BG inbounds, and Steeple116 (old layup) for touring.

The only box this quiver didn't crush for me was extreme freeze/thaw conditions in the BC, so I pivoted there.

I put the WD108 Tour through its paces in the Beartooths this summer, and my brutally biased opinion is that they ski well above their weight class in refrozen bullshit. I had my stock WD 108s with me for skiing the lifts on, but never even thought about grabbing them.

Gimme a shout if you make it back to your motherland this season. Snowed up there a little bit yesterday!

Right on Al. I'll get ahold of you if I get a chance to ski out there this year. Shit is pretty uncertain. Can't quite remember if we ended up skiing when you had the demos at Alpy... I recall partying in the camper, though.

Already got light carbonated blades for long/spring/firm, and a few others for flavor, but the ON3P side of the stable will be:

189 BG 108 T - midwinter tour
    192 WD 108 - daily
    191 BG - lift pow
    186 Tychoon - dadski/firm/dickaround

Ah, the turn is here and I'm stoked.

Another shot of the tour core I think. With milled out region @ binding? Retention plate or heavy weave?

Name:  Screenshot_20200904-060851_Instagram.jpeg
Views: 1239
Size:  40.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Right on Al. I'll get ahold of you if I get a chance to ski out there this year. Shit is pretty uncertain. Can't quite remember if we ended up skiing when you had the demos at Alpy... I recall partying in the camper, though.

Already got light carbonated blades for long/spring/firm, and a few others for flavor, but the ON3P side of the stable will be:

189 BG 108 T - midwinter tour
    192 WD 108 - daily
    191 BG - lift pow
    186 Tychoon - dadski/firm/dickaround

Ah, the turn is here and I'm stoked.
    Norseman is a man of culture and sophistication

I'll have:

182 Wood 108 - everyday inbounds
    186 Wren 112 - running over texans
    186 BG 116 - inbounds pow
    184 BG 116 Tour - everyday touring

Also have narrower and wider touring skis but I'll probably be on one of the ON3Ps most days

looking at 182 woodsman 108 vs 181 jeffrey 108 for my 15yo
    woodsman is more directional w/ longer turn radius; jeffrey described as "do-it-all west coast ski" on the website -- that's kind of what i'm looking for here
    thinking jeffrey also might be more forgiving cuz while he's grown a lot, he's not fully adult sized yet [height yes, weight no]
    he isn't a park kid but likes a more centered stance
    he skis a lot of heavy snow & some actual pow every now/then
    he has skied the woodsman briefly

what would sway the thinking one way or the other?

I don’t think you can go wrong. More casual centered stance vs. driving the tips of the ski fall-line focused directional style. Skier presence. Guessing the mount point of the Jeffery a bit more forgiving so slower out of the start gate but will charge hard when driven.
    Uno mas

Looks like there's a weight for the 187 Woodsman 108 tour listed on the site:

https://shop.on3pskis.com/products/woodsman-108-tour

1.79 kg = 3.946 lbs/ski

Pretty happy with that weight!

Apologies if I'm jongin and this has already been posted previously

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    looking at 182 woodsman 108 vs 181 jeffrey 108 for my 15yo
    woodsman is more directional w/ longer turn radius; jeffrey described as "do-it-all west coast ski" on the website -- that's kind of what i'm looking for here
    thinking jeffrey also might be more forgiving cuz while he's grown a lot, he's not fully adult sized yet [height yes, weight no]
    he isn't a park kid but likes a more centered stance
    he skis a lot of heavy snow & some actual pow every now/then
    he has skied the woodsman briefly

what would sway the thinking one way or the other?
    What were his thoughts on the Woodsman? The mount point on the 20/21 Woodsman 108 will be *slightly* further back. (-.75cm from 19/20 in 182 length).

Jeffrey would be my suggestion based on your initial post, but I'm still curious to hear what he thought.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

He grunted something that sounded like enthusiasm, but made words that sounded like cautiously disdainful acceptance...
    “They were ok - I wish they were more centered.”

I know he doesn’t really spend a lot of time going switch so isn’t in dire need of a proper twin, but he likes them insofar as they qualify as cool.

If you ask him his favorite skiing type, he’ll say freeride.

Anyone speak teen here?

Prolly the thing to do is get him on a Jeffrey demo if the factory has one early this season

He grunted something that sounded like enthusiasm, but made words that sounded like cautiously disdainful acceptance...

I know he doesn’t really spend a lot of time going switch so isn’t in dire need of a proper twin, but he likes them insofar as they qualify as cool.

If you ask him his favorite skiing type, he’ll say freeride.

Anyone speak teen here?

Prolly the thing to do is get him on a Jeffrey demo if the factory has one early this season
    I'm later 20s so can still speak a little teen I think. My interpretation? Jeffery's.

I was in a similar debate in looking for a "freeride" pow ski and was comparing the BG and the Jeffery 116 and after describing my skiing style on this thread, most everyone recommended the Jeffery. I hardly ever ski switch but always looking for things to pop off of and like a more centered ski.

If he's describing his skiing as freeride and saying "I wish they were more centered" when referring to the Woodsman. That has Jeffery written all over it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thx I appreciate that input

"likes a more centered stance" = Jeffrey, especially with the Woodsman data point about being a bit too far back.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Thx, iggy
    Will you have a demo Jeffrey 108 in the fleet in pdx?

Thx, iggy
    Will you have a demo Jeffrey 108 in the fleet in pdx?
    At this time, we have no plans to run a demo fleet out of factory (or any factory tours) while Covid remains a risk. Both Next and Timberline should have some demo skis - though not sure what models/sizes yet or their timeline.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I would have already leaned slightly towards Jeffrey for him just based on the technique and skis most kids these days would have learned on, but this seals the deal.

Trying to keep track of the well regarded older versions of Billy Goats. Is the 12/13 191cm version one of the sought after versions?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    At this time, we have no plans to run a demo fleet out of factory (or any factory tours) while Covid remains a risk. Both Next and Timberline should have some demo skis - though not sure what models/sizes yet or their timeline.
    Ah, understandable
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I would have already leaned slightly towards Jeffrey for him just based on the technique and skis most kids these days would have learned on, but this seals the deal.
    k, appreciate the comment, thx

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Trying to keep track of the well regarded older versions of Billy Goats. Is the 12/13 191cm version one of the sought after versions?
    According to me, yes, for reasons however. Also Norseman skis it so that’s cool.

Looking like:
    189 Billy Goats - skiing Reserved powder or chowder
    182 Woodsman 116 Tour - Unreserved powda
    186 Kartel 108s - many of the days I can get a Reservation
    182 Woodsman 96 - the other days I can get a reservation

Can we order the wren pro soon?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeaner14 View Post
    Looks like there's a weight for the 187 Woodsman 108 tour listed on the site:

1.79 kg = 3.946 lbs/ski

Pretty happy with that weight!
    I am surprised that not more comments have been made since this nice little tidbit was posted yesterday but 1.79kg for 187 woods108tours is a mighty fine weight - good job Iggy&crew!

Yeah, if the jeffrey weights are in line with that, that's a winner.

Can we get a teaser shot of the Mera 102 graphic? I’ve been holding off on getting my wife new skis until she gets to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    According to me, yes, for reasons however. Also Norseman skis it so that’s cool.
    you got a good reason i guess

open invite to the bearclaw partay for the e-dweebos. XavierD will bring the beers

also, BRAVO to iggy & the crew... those weights for the tour builds are fuckin money

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I am surprised that not more comments have been made since this nice little tidbit was posted yesterday but 1.79kg for 187 woods108tours is a mighty fine weight - good job Iggy&crew!
    Not too heavy, not too light.......but juusssssst right!