Page 359 of 599 FirstFirst ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 14972
    Wrenegade Pro look so hot. It's been too many years since I last got a new set of ON3Ps. Not sure I will have enough days to justify filling the hole between my 191 BG Tours and Wrenegade 102s, but much want!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Attachment 337155

Just to note - usually some slight mods are made as these go to print to darken/lighten certain sections, so a few tweaks likely to come.
    Wow, those top sheets are sweet.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Just for a single data point, I was psyched about ordering a WM 116 in the 177 length.

Consider going custom - the length has already been developed, if for the old lay up, so on3p might very well make a 177 for you even if they don't offer them as stock - or consider sizing up. Wood116s are not terribly demanding, so they should be more than managable even if you are smaller/lighter. The added length will more often than not just make them even better at slaying fresh, at a sligth trade off in terms of nimbleness. 2021s are also supposedly a bit softer compared to 2020s, so chances are that the 182 might be a very good option for you as well.

Not the same ski, but I much preferred BGs in 184 compared to my initial pair at 179s. My wood116s are 182 and I would not consider sizing down, like at all. If anything, I have been wondering if I should have sized up when I got a pair of wren114s in 179 - they def struggle a bit in my home resort in deeper snow, though that might be caused by too little vertical/steepness as well.

I am 175cm/150-160lbs - so no clyde.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Consider going custom - the length has already been developed, if for the old lay up, so on3p might very well make a 177 for you even if they don't offer them as stock - or consider sizing up. Wood116s are not terribly demanding, so they should be more than managable even if you are smaller/lighter. The added length will more often than not just make them even better at slaying fresh, at a sligth trade off in terms of nimbleness. 2021s are also supposedly a bit softer compared to 2020s, so chances are that the 182 might be a very good option for you as well.

Not the same ski, but I much preferred BGs in 184 compared to my initial pair at 179s. My wood116s are 182 and I would not consider sizing down, like at all. If anything, I have been wondering if I should have sized up when I got a pair of wren114s in 179 - they def struggle a bit in my home resort in deeper snow, though that might be caused by too little vertical/steepness as well.

I am 175cm/150-160lbs - so no clyde.
    I was planning on a custom build (tour). I should call and ask, but the 177 length is not available as an option on the custom builder.

ah, I can def understand how you would want the shorter length for touring.

Yeah, just give Iggy/ON3P a call or chat with them - you won't know for sure until you ask.

I am not sure if I really appreciated just how awesome the new BG series graphics - here the BG Tours - are. I would really like to see the new line in person, because the depicted part of thhe BG Tours ski is just ridiculously awesome imho.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2623.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	534.5 KB 
ID:	338181

The Wood108 tour is prob my favorite of the line - awesomeness imho.

Snagged this today. Looks like a tour core... first I've seenName:  Screenshot_20200828-132822_Instagram.jpeg
Views: 1134
Size:  45.8 KB

Oh boy!

Any official weights on 189 tour sticks?

Also lets talk about that mask/glove/shirt color coordination.

It’s instagram, ya gotta influence. How are you going to influence if you don’t match your PPE?

Got my shipping notification today for my new Jeffrey 108’s. So stoked!

Order placed for custom BG 108's. 50/50 layup, white eagle and skin clip tails. Otherwise stock. Let the stoke commence!

I'm always missing my BG's when I'm not on them, so hopefully this will fill that spot in my quiver. The overlap is getting ridiculous though, I think I need to start selling some skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Order placed for custom BG 108's. 50/50 layup, white eagle and skin clip tails. Otherwise stock. Let the stoke commence!

I'm always missing my BG's when I'm not on them, so hopefully this will fill that spot in my quiver. The overlap is getting ridiculous though, I think I need to start selling some skis.
    Congrats.

Speaking of overlap...I was actually about to pull the trigger on the 50\50 BG's also. I was planning to get shift bindings and for much of my time use these as hike for turns ski's, but also have the flexibility to do some inbounds when it's deep. I currently have 108 Wrens for inbounds. I also have a pair of 87 underfoot k2's that are good for carving, but honestly, I've not touched since I secured the wrens...

Are the BG's going to be different enough from the Wrens? Or, should I be looking to sell the wrens, use the BG's in soft, and get something a bit narrower for not soft conditions?

If you’re skiing in western Washington now, you really should get a BG into your life.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    If you’re skiing in western Washington now, you really should get a BG into your life.
    I have had many say that. I am far from a ski\gear connoisseur but LOVE these wren's. I think I may have to take the plunge on the BG's. Will\are the 50\50 BG's pretty close to the same performance-wise as the stock? Aside from expanding the quiver, also looking for a hiking setup.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Are the BG's going to be different enough from the Wrens?
    Yes, especially if you are going with the standard 116 width BG (and you should be).

I own older Wren 112s and older BGs, and there is minimal overlap in terms of what conditions they excel in, between them despite the similar waist widths. Ski your BGs when it's fresh or soft chop, switch to the Wrens when things begin to firm up or on any day without fresh snow.

Agreed. Though both slay soft snow with aplomb, BGs and Wren108s still ski quite a bit differently. In fact, they complement each other nicely. Want to drive through the shovels -> wrens. Want to ski more centered -> BGs. There is easily a spot for both in a quiver, or that is my reasoning for owning a pair of each at least

Adrgha and MSHP - nice! Wish I had something like those skis coming my way too, alas alas - I am currently obsessing over the other end of the quiver Can't wait to see how your pairs end up. The white eagle graphic is beyond spectacular imho. My BGs with that graphic is by a fair margin the most expensive skis I have ever bought, but I just had to buy them when thhey were launched - and I am so glad that I did.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Puma, I own 189 Wren 108s and 193 Supergoats in std flex and they are without a doubt the best 2 ski/travel ski quiver in my extremely bloated quiver... Those two skis complement one another really well and ski very differently... You cannot go wrong with Wren 108 and Billy together in a quiver...!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for the feedback all! Lock and load time I suppose!!!

You have a big head start Undertow, but that's two pairs in the last 2 years for me...lol. For the sake of my wallet, I hope I do not catch your quiver!

longtime bg fan, checking in with building excitement for the bg & woodsman pairing for soft snow dominaaaationnnn

BG and Woodsman in the quiver this year as well - rip some turns and compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    BG and Woodsman in the quiver this year as well - rip some turns and compare?
    you bet, man. let's hope we get the chance

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The white eagle graphic is beyond spectacular imho. My BGs with that graphic is by a fair margin the most expensive skis I have ever bought, but I just had to buy them when thhey were launched - and I am so glad that I did.
    Haha, I figured you owned a pair with this topsheet as well. You addict, you.

Yeah it costs a little extra over say, a plain white topsheet, but I figured it's worth it because a) it looks awesome, and b) our favorite ski companies could probably use a little extra support in these troubled times.

Anyways, can't wait to try the new tour core. Tour core with standard ON3P durability with 2,5 mm edges/1,8 mm bases should be pretty sweet. Eager to see how much they end up weighing, too.

To be fair - I didn't really plan on getting a new pair of BGs after selling my pair of 179s and pre-asym 184s. A combination of a new home resort, the killer graphic and wanting to put my money where my mouth was (after asking for a white graphic with an eagle on top) made me get my current pair of 184s and glad that I did. I finally clicked with them too

The white fishbone design is nice as well. The addition of the eagle on the textured, matte topsheet that is stock now just make the design borderline perfection imho. They look sensational imho.