Page 355 of 599 FirstFirst ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 14972
    Aha, that is good beta.

They finally opened the gate too

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You’re saying a 116mm ski is good in powder? Good to know! ;-)
    I think the tour goat works better in steep and deep where the c&d work in powder on lesser hills.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    They finally opened the gate too
    That was the implied beta.

Any updated eta on new ski info drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That was the implied beta.
    I still brought my bike just in case :P

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I have 182cm Woodsman 96 @line; I’m 5’10” 200lb pretty good skier but I’ve also realized I don’t need every ski to be super tall. I ski a 186 Kartel 108 @-2cm from the line and a 189 Billy Goat @ line.
    How do/did you like the -2 mount on your Kartel 108?

From the prototype and blems sale, I bought a slightly stiff 186 108 Jeffery and am thinking about mount location. No flippy-spinny or switch, mostly a directional skier. 6' 2" 175lbs old man. Like my 190 Bibby on the line and 193 Praxis MVP 1cm behind the line, but thinking about moving the MVP forward up to the line, see how that feels.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I preferred my kartels at -2, but I also prefer my praxis skis at -1 to -2. If you want to move forward on the mvps and like the line on the Bibbys, i’d go line or maybe -1 on the Jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I preferred my kartels at -2, but I also prefer my praxis skis at -1 to -2. If you want to move forward on the mvps and like the line on the Bibbys, i’d go line or maybe -1 on the Jeffrey

Thanks dude! Do you think the slightly stiffer aspect of my pair of Jeffery plays into a mount location as well?

I have a pair of 186 Legend Pros mounted ~1 cm behind the line and like the location. Still feels quick enough and floats a bit when things get shin deep.

i’m also -2 on stiff k116

on the line with the new ride, carpet testing at lunch today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E3986F05-4486-4F28-B271-B9222B437EAE.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	335617

^^^ Nice ^^^

pup seems interested as well

ON3P SKIS Discussion

So I will be the dbag again... I own 193 SGs, 189 108 Wrens, 189 98 Wrens and they are meant to be driven as that is what they were designed to do... I own 191 116 Kartels and they were designed to be ridden with a neutral stance and are absolutely awesome... If you wanted to drive the ski from the shin than you should have bought another ski... I know others will say BS but the Kartel was built to be a jibby/poppy new school ski and are so much fun on the line...

I now own 193 108 Woodsman and the flex and mount point is the perfect blend of Wren and Kartel... So stoked to get on that ski...! Sounds like if you want to move the mount point on the Kartel you should go for the Woodsman...

^^^ Thanks ^^^

I bought this Jeffery because of the slightly stiff aspect and after getting them I realize they hand flex a little softer than I was hoping for. Will still mount and use, but searching for the best mount location. I've built a few, just to look at, 191 Jefferys in the custom builder on the ON3P website, thinking the 191 length would be a better fit for my height. A 191 Jeffery I would mount on the line... and maybe the 191 is some degree stiffer than the 186?
    Last edited by skuff; 07-28-2020 at 08:31 PM.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Skuff, I bought my Katels as I loved my 193 Blizzard Gunokes and knew I would like my damper ON3Ps more... If I could have ordered them in stiff it would have been a no brainer... I am 6’4” and 205 lbs and love chargey skis and for a fun family get after it jibby ski my 191 116 std flex Kartels are a blast... One of the best surfy slashy skis I have been on...

That's cool, I'm stoked to try mine. Will sell if I don't jibe with them and buy the longer size.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Thanks dude! Do you think the slightly stiffer aspect of my pair of Jeffery plays into a mount location as well?

I have a pair of 186 Legend Pros mounted ~1 cm behind the line and like the location. Still feels quick enough and floats a bit when things get shin deep.
    I’d say stiffer would lend more towards the line, although stiff long tails can be a handful sometimes. They have a big sweet spot, I don’t think you can go wrong on the line or -1

If you like to drive your shins and tips of the skis, I’d go -1.

Thanks, again.

I’m a bigger fella and can bend skis from the fronts of my boots. Went on the line on 191 K108s and they are damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I’m a bigger fella and can bend skis from the fronts of my boots. Went on the line on 191 K108s and they are damn fun.
    If you don't mind, what's your height and weight?

Unless someone wants to trade a 191 Jeffery for these 186, I'll just mount these up and see how they work out. If they feel too short or not stiff enough, I'll get a pair of 191 Jeffery.

I tried to make a pair of Kartel/Jeffrey116s into Woodsman116s before the latter was introduced, and while the speed limit of my custom stiffer k116s is high and the skis are good, the added stiffness doesn't really make them any better at being driven.

As such, I would argue that where you mount them come down more to personal preference than altering how the ski will perform - they will not perform all that differently between the two mount points imho.

I used my pair at both on the line and minus 2, and neither mount point was quite what I was looking for - prompting me to buy Woodsman116s (and Koala 119s).

I would start on the line - aka where Iggy designed the ski to be mounted and where they are the most playful, and only move back if that mount point is not what you are looking for after using them. Regular Jeffries are no noodles (and stiffer than a lot of similar shaped skis out there), so I doubt a custom stiffer pair will be too soft for your liking regardless. They are mighty fine skis. If your base reaction is that you want to mount them further back and want to be able to drive the skis aggressively, then you should perhaps opt out of the j116s - custom stiffer or not - and get woodsman116s instead.

6’, 220#, can squat multiple moms at once. I’m not saying the K108 is a charger...I’m saying it’s a super fun ski. It doesn’t give up much though.

6’, 220#, can squat multiple moms at once. I’m not saying the K108 is a charger...I’m saying it’s a super fun ski. It doesn’t give up much though.
    Off topic, but what boots do you where? Really curious on what heavy, jibby people are wearing. (Assuming you like to jib if you like the kartel)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm on Salomon X-Pro 120s with WC boosters. I've got some funky feet so the moldable shells really help. After molding, I still get some extra punches. I do flex through them though even when new. Probably have 250 days on them and they're definitely a little too soft now. I've got a pair of 130s waiting at the shop to be fit but I don't want to do it with summer flip flop feet. That line of boots isn't the stiffest for the numbers but they are comfortable.

Also got an email from them on veneers. Supply is looking like enough through fall but after that, maybe a year or so before availability comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I tried to make a pair of Kartel/Jeffrey116s into Woodsman116s before the latter was introduced, and while the speed limit of my custom stiffer k116s is high and the skis are good, the added stiffness doesn't really make them any better at being driven.

As such, I would argue that where you mount them come down more to personal preference than altering how the ski will perform - they will not perform all that differently between the two mount points imho.

I used my pair at both on the line and minus 2, and neither mount point was quite what I was looking for - prompting me to buy Woodsman116s (and Koala 119s).

I would start on the line - aka where Iggy designed the ski to be mounted and where they are the most playful, and only move back if that mount point is not what you are looking for after using them. Regular Jeffries are no noodles (and stiffer than a lot of similar shaped skis out there), so I doubt a custom stiffer pair will be too soft for your liking regardless. They are mighty fine skis. If your base reaction is that you want to mount them further back and want to be able to drive the skis aggressively, then you should perhaps opt out of the j116s - custom stiffer or not - and get woodsman116s instead.
    I appreciate your thoughts on the subject. It took me a few days to get used to the Bibbys mounted on the line, but now they feel so quick edge to edge. Still feel a little forward, but trusting it more as I use them. You're right about buy the ski that's mostly designed for the style you have. Sorry about the confusion, I have a Jeffery 108, not J116.

That super fun is what I'ma looking for. Don't need to be first down the hill and wait for the rest. I guess I was thinking the slightly stiffer flex may make a different mount location a better choice, but it sounds like the ski is the ski, and a different flex won't significantly change the purpose of the design. Merci