Page 341 of 598 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 14948

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Thank you for this. I just bought some 192 Woodsman, partly as a show of support for your company. You are an important part of the modern ski manufacturing scene and I really respect your sense as a ski designer. I hope that you are able to hang on through the bullshit storm that everyone is thrown into all of a sudden. I'll be waiting for those paulownia/boo/carbon RES touring skis when you're ready .
    Norse, great call and I just did the same... I still have my first gen OG 191 Wrens and now currently own 189 Wren 98s and 108s and Supergoats... Just canceled my April trip to Bach and now am not going out for dinner and booze... Cannot think of a better way to spend my money than support an incredible ski company... Just bought 192 108 Woodsman... Jesus I have stupid overlap - but love it...!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    eSock - when the time is a bit more appropriate send em back to us and we can clean em up.

You guys rock, thank you so much. Happy to support a company like this that supports their customers. Now I've got an extra excuse to head down to Portland when things get better

Congrats on all the end of season buys folks. Here's hoping next season gives us plenty of chances to enjoy em

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Really wish there were 182 Woody 108s left.
    Yeah on my short list too.... I am just ski overloaded at the moment but would have been tempted to hook myself up + throw cash their way
    Uno mas

If any more come thru finishing will let you guys know. Still some lingers skis on the floor (we're mostly on 2021 now).
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

ON3P SKIS Discussion

If anybody absolutely has to have a pair of new woodsmans and needs to sell their Wren 114’s to make it happen HMU

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'll be waiting for those paulownia/boo/carbon RES touring skis when you're ready .
    +1...hoping for a presale.

If you have the means, go buy their skis. I bought two pairs this season already from ON3P and will consider a third.

Small businesses like this will have a hard time making it without our cash.

Who cares if your resort is shut down, if you want to continue seeing high quality products next season and beyond, go support them now!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Definitely singing their praises to others who saw me buy 2 pair this season, hoping to get some friends to join the ON3P family

Waiting for that 20/21 and I’ll be ready to put in my order

My touring & resort goats (189cm, +1 & 186cm, +1.5).

Bought the 186's used earlier this year to replace my mangled daily drivers. They were sick but felt like I wanted a slightly more forward mount for getting silly in the steep ass trees that we have. Mounted them +1.5 of the line and they were on another level. Took them cat skiing for a few days in 60cms of fresh and was so blown away that I was forced to swap out my 192 Bibby Pro touring rig for a 189 goat with a +1 mount. Super, super pumped on them... Turns out goats are all you need in the Kootenays!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahpgjC5.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	321305

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    My touring & resort goats (189cm, +1 & 186cm, +1.5).

Bought the 186's used earlier this year to replace my mangled daily drivers. They were sick but felt like I wanted a slightly more forward mount for getting silly in the steep ass trees that we have. Mounted them +1.5 of the line and they were on another level. Took them cat skiing for a few days in 60cms of fresh and was so blown away that I was forced to swap out my 192 Bibby Pro touring rig for a 189 goat with a +1 mount. Super, super pumped on them... Turns out goats are all you need in the Kootenays!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahpgjC5.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	321305
    I hope you realize you are going to break minds around here with mounts like that. 🤯
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

I think the main reason to mount goats on the line is their variable/hard pack performance right? Especially with the asymmetrical version. So I could see a forward mount being okay if you're never skiing anything but soft snow.

Has anyone used a Wren 96 as a shallow conditions touring setup?

I love the 189cm wren platform for the resort. Strongly considering a Wren 96 in a 184cm with Helio 200’s for bigger objectives. Weight isn’t the #1 priority, I can’t seem to have fun on 1500 gram skis, so I’m thinking of trimming weight in the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Has anyone used a Wren 96 as a shallow conditions touring setup?

I love the 189cm wren platform for the resort. Strongly considering a Wren 96 in a 184cm with Helio 200’s for bigger objectives. Weight isn’t the #1 priority, I can’t seem to have fun on 1500 gram skis, so I’m thinking of trimming weight in the binding.
    I use Wren 98 with Shifts for touring. Not the lightest setup, but it is OK for my type of touring (450-900 vertical meters). I use Atomic Hawx XTD and Pomoca skins - both of them are on the lighter side of the spectrum and somewhat compensate the weight of skis and bindings.

I did (w96 + Atomic Backland bindings + hawx xtd 130 + BD sts glidelite skins), for the same reason as you. They worked very well - both up and down.

My pair came in at roughly 1860gr pr ski (179cm length) so light enough to tour with imho and very good performance on the down. If you ask Iggy for the lightest pair they have in stock (like I did) it might not be as heavy as one would assume - though stock is very limited now (one pair + some pairs at Evo).

Hell, you could even go wren96ti for added grip on icy slopes without much of a weight penalty. Just keep in mind that wrens will be titanal only (if you do not want to go custom) for 2021, so now is the time to pounce if you want non-metal layup. Powder7 still have wren96ti in 184 in stock too

I have since decided to go for something slightly wider (Rustler 10s), though that move was largely driven by quiver consolidation and me wanting to try the new rustler 10s - not because I was dissatisfied with the wrens (they are awesome).

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Wren Ti coming on slightly lighter than stock, I believe. I’ll be touring on those as well.
    Last edited by the_flying_v; 03-22-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Great thoughts and glad to hear others have had the same thought, I don't see any real reason to not to do the ti version. I'm a little torn between the 184cm vs 189cm. The 184cm makes a lot more sense for my use, but I just need to get my mind committed. I would love to buy direct from On3p but the folks over at Powder 7 are also great if On3p sells out.

yeah - for a low tide tourer the ti version def ticks a lot of boxes. They are reasonably light and handles crap snow very well.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Iggy, Can you make a 169 long, 112 wide tour flex BG with that flower top sheet?
    That sounds like a train I could seriously consider getting aboard as well

Man - I am really looking forward to seeing the 2021 range, whilst trying really hard not to buy any more skis from the current line up at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by himavan View Post
    Can someone please buy those beautiful custom 108 jeffreys with the wolf/wood veneer...I can't justify it. Well actually I can, thats the problem.
    If they were available and the right size when I bought my production topsheet J108s a few weeks ago, I would have been all over it. Sadly, they’re sitting in my basement unmounted, waiting for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    My pair came in at roughly 1860gr pr ski (179cm length) so light enough to tour with imho and very good performance on the down.
    That seems kind of light. 2 skis I've owned are: (on my scale)
    Wren 98 179 (17/18) 2065g/ski
    Wren 96 174 (18/19) 1875g/ski

Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    That seems kind of light. 2 skis I've owned are: (on my scale)
    Wren 98 179 (17/18) 2065g/ski
    Wren 96 174 (18/19) 1875g/ski
    Those were my thoughts as well. I just scored Steeple 102s (179).

I mentioned in another thread that I was a bit surprised (but hopeful) when I saw them quoted on an archived page from evo.com at 1920. They come in at 2099 & 2112.

1800 is more of Iggy's target for the new touring ski (an inference by me).

I have 1550g covered, but would love an1800g ski in this width.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-22-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

1800 would definitely work in a 108 179.....

@tailwind . Maybe you want new but theres a 184 steeple 102 for sale in gear swap. Be a good spring crusher

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    That seems kind of light.i
    Good thing that I weighed them then It is not like I guessed their weight. But by all means, it could be that I messed something up when I weighed them, or remember something wrong. That being said, it is like the fourth or fifth time I've mentioned the weight in this thread, so I think I have been consistent if nothing else.

I do not have a gram weight where I am right now. I will re-weigh them when I can. I'll weigh my w96ti's too. They feel a tiny bit heavier.

Man - perhaps I should remount the regular layup w96s and try them a bit more. They look fekking fantastic imho.

My 2019 Wren 96 (not ti)in 184cm both weigh in within a gram of 2031g. Not what I would call "light" for a sub 100mm spring touring ski. The shape would be phenomenal for that purpose though. They are so predictable in junky snow. I'd personally entertain a tour layup ti model in 179 for spring conditions. I feel like the ti might make up for some of the lost stiffness of the tour layup, and both the tour core and metal laminate seem to reduce weight. Maybe they wouldn't when combined, idk just theorizing. 1600g is more in the ballpark for me in that category anyway but eh I'm a weight weenie and I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    My 2019 Wren 96 (not ti)in 184cm.... The shape would be phenomenal for that purpose though. They are so predictable in junky snow. I
    Agreed, I have the 179 Wren 96 and also think the shape is perfect for shallow touring. A slightly lighter layup and tad softer tails would make them an awesome tight couloir and mountaineering ski. I love to sky billy-goaty terrain and these are nearly perfect skis for going downhill. They are super easy to jump turn and hold a mean edge on chalky, shitty snow.

I'm 5'8", 180 lbs and find the tails a little stiff and the shovels a tad too soft. At high speeds, the shovels start to fold a bit in chop whereas the tails just want to hold on and keep going faster. I feel that the flex is slightly uneven, but perhaps the tails would have more give if I mounted the skis with Look Pivot 12s instead of Axial 3s (long heelpiece). Also, the tips are fantastic in moguls, powder, and chalky crud but the tails tend to grab and buck me every now and then; I didn't have this issue with my previous 176 Viciks or 176 Wren 102s which had a rounder overall flex.

Quote Originally Posted by critical-motion View Post
    Agreed, I have the 179 Wren 96 and also think the shape is perfect for shallow touring. A slightly lighter layup and tad softer tails would make them an awesome tight couloir and mountaineering ski. I love to sky billy-goaty terrain and these are nearly perfect skis for going downhill. They are super easy to jump turn and hold a mean edge on chalky, shitty snow.

I'm 5'8", 180 lbs and find the tails a little stiff and the shovels a tad too soft. At high speeds, the shovels start to fold a bit in chop whereas the tails just want to hold on and keep going faster. I feel that the flex is slightly uneven, but perhaps the tails would have more give if I mounted the skis with Look Pivot 12s instead of Axial 3s (long heelpiece). Also, the tips are fantastic in moguls, powder, and chalky crud but the tails tend to grab and buck me every now and then; I didn't have this issue with my previous 176 Viciks or 176 Wren 102s which had a rounder overall flex.
    I'm 5'11," 165lbs and haven't had any trouble with the tips "folding" on the 184cm. I can see what you say about the slightly softer tips compared to the tails that are ready to rage though. The only time it bothers me is when I try to zipper a bump line. They are not a chore if you go slower but when the speed goes up and the turns are less precise those tails are not forgiving and will occasionally buck me out of my line.