Page 338 of 599 FirstFirst ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Edit: The topsheet line doesn't quite line up with the mark on the sidewall, assume the sidewall mark is more accurate?
    There is only the sidewall mark indicating mount point on ON3P skis. While it can be somewhat easily mistaken for being associated with the mount point, the serial number box has nothing to do with indicating the mount point.

Yeah the "line" on the topsheet is NOT the recommended mount center. The "line" to mount on is indicated by the sidewall mark only.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Yeah the "line" on the topsheet is NOT the recommended mount center. The "line" to mount on is indicated by the sidewall mark only.
    And mount your own f'ing skis.
    I had a shop make this mistake.
    but only on one ski.

Sigh.

Yeah, that might be confusing. I bought some Supergoats from dude who works in a shop and after checking I realized that he mounted them at +3. Know where his "line" was? Serial number block.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Yeah the "line" on the topsheet
    Lines. Not sure how anyone could pick from one of the 5-6 lines that are clearly part of the underfoot branding and say....that one? How do you pick? Flip a coin 5 times to whittle them down? If you have a question, call? It's really not hard.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Yeah, that might be confusing. I bought some Supergoats from dude who works in a shop and after checking I realized that he mounted them at +3. Know where his "line" was? Serial number block.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Billy Goats are arriving Monday. praying for a storm or two more so I can really give em a go

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Lines. Not sure how anyone could pick from one of the 5-6 lines that are clearly part of the underfoot branding and say....that one? How do you pick? Flip a coin 5 times to whittle them down? If you have a question, call? It's really not hard.
    Not only that but the serial block "line" is like 4mm thick....are people just using the center, top, bottom? haha Seems pretty obvious it's not intended as a mount recommendation but there's a whole giant thread on mounting your own fucking skis for a reason.

Out of the ~8500 posts in this thread, most likely 2000 are some iteration of "where do I mount Goats?"
    Another 2000 are "if I ski *XXX ON3P*, what size *new ON3P* should I buy?"

Just read back a few pages, your question is not that unique.

Maybe you should change up the text on the topsheet to just read

THE SIDEWALL MARK IS THE MOUNT POINT, MOUTHBREATHERS

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Maybe you should change up the text on the topsheet to just read

THE SIDEWALL MARK IS THE MOUNT POINT, MOUTHBREATHERS
    A shop told me this year that they mount ALL skis with any sort of twin tips dead center, as policy.

A shop told me this year that they mount ALL skis with any sort of twin tips dead center, as policy.
    Name:  37AA1F1E-08F3-46E9-BA1B-BF87673CC29C.jpeg
Views: 715
Size:  21.7 KB

At first glance I thought you said "Dad center".

That should be a thing. I think it's pretty close to the jeffery line.

Did you burn said shop down?

I'm trying to imagine how horrendous my 2010 Wrens would be center mounted...

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    At first glance I thought you said "Dad center".

That should be a thing. I think it's pretty close to the jeffery line.
    This. Going to start referring to all mount points as +\- dad center from now on. Way cooler than true center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only had my wren 108s for 2 seasons, and loved them, however I am after a 1 ski quiver and went the polar opposite and ski on line visions now.

I probably should have just got kartels, but they still wouldn't have solved my touring problem. Kartels + touring skis would have also worked.

I will be back I am sure, the wrens just skiied so nice!

Which shop is this so we can avoid it?

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Which shop is this so we can avoid it?

easy, mount your own fucking skis

ON3P SKIS Discussion

It’s not your fault. 2021 all should be squiggly though. Need to meet the people where they’re at.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    It’s not your fault. 2021 all should be squiggly though. Need to meet the people where they’re at.
    If I made it squiggles, I'd get questions about if that is the "mounting range".

If I made it squiggles, I'd get questions about if that is the "mounting range".
    Just put a line running down the ski lengthways/parallel to the edge then? We are coming up with the right ideas here....

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Ran into a guy at shop with two pairs of skis and he could not understand why he had tip dive when they were so fat. He said he had to lean back. He was looking at buying a DPS koala and asking his buddy if he thought that would fix the issue.

The skis he had were catamaran and wildcat. So I strolled over and noticed skis were mounted really far forward. So I asked if I could help and take a look. He said sure so I asked where he had them mounted on the line? He said the tech mounted them center.

I explained manufacturers know where to mount based on design and recommended is always where to start. He had both pairs remounted bought some new boots and shifts in the process. Likely bought DPS after I left. He said they were traveling to heli in AK and cat in Canada and so on.

I bet he has a better time now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Which is a better tool for detuning sharp edges past the contact point on my Jeffreys? Diamond stone or gummy stone?

I round em over with a file, then clean up burrs with diamond/gummy. Don't see any need to be bashful with edges past the contact points

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Billy Goats are arriving Monday. praying for a storm or two more so I can really give em a go
    by storm I meant snow...not whatever all the resorts closing is.

I guess it's a good thing I got em with shifts/skins!