Page 335 of 599 FirstFirst ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Yes. In truth C/D and pillow fights usually get the nod over BG's and super goats these days. But I seldom find myself in heavier snow, chunder, or chopped up pow.

edit: I only tour, but I see my C/D as 'daily driver' stick .. and the pillow fights for the lighter deeper days. If I go the season without hitting the super goat they will find themselves in gear swap. Not because I don't like .. it's unjust to have such skis and not use.
    What binding/boot combo do you go with for touring with a heavy ski? I can't imagine touring with a 2400g ski, but then again I've never tried

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    I am still trying to wrap my head around touring with the heft of an ON3P ski. I really wanna put shifts on billy goats as a tour/powder ski but I'm currently getting my start in the backcountry with my QST 99s that are 2 lbs lighter, and it still feels like such a slog, I can't imagine making my setup even heavier (albeit would be much more fun on the way down/useful when i wasn't touring).
    I just don't know any better.
    You get used to it. Besides, more exercise and more performance are both good things

shifts on my cease's 3292g/ski
    shifts on pillow's 3641g/ski

don't regret a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mb80ba View Post
    Woodsman (or Kartel) 108 size question. Advanced/expert, 215#, 6'3", ski in Colorado. Current daily is the Deathwish, which I love but could charge harder. I also have some Bibbys and Pettitors. Looking for a playful ski that can charge, but that also might be a little better in bumps/trees/steep techy stuff than the DW - which is fine in its own right in that stuff. I've always wanted to check out ON3P's and had my eye on Kartels, but then the Woodsman came out. I do ski some switch but not much.

I always get the longest length ski. But I've been reading ON3P's sort of measure shorter than they ski compared to Moment. I was looking at the 192. Would it be silly to consider the 187? I know this is a question without a clear answer but just looking for thoughts.
    6’-6” 215 on 191 Kartel 108’s. I skied both lengths at the Alta demo days last year and bought the 191’s. They ski shorter and my guess is you would want the longer length. 191’s are money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/s...086101419.html

2013(?) 179 BG posted last night in Seattle area

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    What binding/boot combo do you go with for touring with a heavy ski? I can't imagine touring with a 2400g ski, but then again I've never tried

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Wrens/Woodsman 108 tourer here - kingpins and Atomic XTD 130’s

Shifts and Hawx XTD 130s on my heavy touring rig (192cm MAP Veneer Protests). Something like 3200g per ski and binding. My DD touring rig is much, much lighter, but I've taken that setup up 4-5k of vert in a day just fine. Some days it's worth it for how well that package skis. Just depends on what I'm doing on a given day, and what the conditions are like.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/s...086101419.html

2013(?) 179 BG posted last night in Seattle area
    Is that an RES year? I always have a hard time keeping these straight.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Is that an RES year? I always have a hard time keeping these straight.
    Is

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Is
    Thanks. Was just telling Bandit I needed a shorter pair for my Groms.

Update - Now that he's gotten a bunch of emails, he's raised his price to $275. More than I was looking to spend, but probably good for some of the smaller mags.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    *sigh*

Do we have to do this every page?

Go measure how long your Moments are. Just measure in a straight line from tip to tail. The actual length of the ski will be shorter than the number printed on the topsheet.
    (To be exact, a 190cm DW actually measures 188.1cm per Blister https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...ment-deathwish)
    ON3P is easy because the actual length and the number printed on them will actually be the same.

So yes, if you take a ON3P and a Moment ski that are nominally the same length, the ON3P will actually be physically longer. Or however the fuck you phrased it.
    Well yeah, that's what I was saying in the post. The post was asking about the 187 at my height/weight, etc.

Thanks. Was just telling Bandit I needed a shorter pair for my Groms.

Update - Now that he's gotten a bunch of emails, he's raised his price to $275. More than I was looking to spend, but probably good for some of the smaller mags.
    Seller sounds like a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Seller sounds like a dick.
    Heh, they are all over the place...

Original listing is for $210...
    Then the price went up to $275.
    Then I got a message back that I could have them for $250...

But wait, there's more.

I get a message later that someone offered $350, and now that's the price.

On top of that, they are mounted 1 cm forward of the line, not a big deal to me as the person I would be getting them for has a longer BSL and it would probably work out.

Regardless, I don't deal with squirrels so I am out.

But wait, there's more.

On top of that, they are mounted 1 cm forward of the line, not a big deal to me as the person I would be getting them for has a longer BSL and it would probably work out.

Yeah, I bailed when he pulled that. Price listed is the price.

Also, he has the length wrong - an unforgivable fuck up - these are 176. The 179 length wasn’t available til later.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

At this point I think we can post the sale code.

$150 off in stock - SPRINGSALE
    $250 off w/bindings - SPRINGSALE+BINDINGS

Just ordered new 186 Jeffrey 108s to replace/update my old Jeffrey 110s that are clinging to life via quiver killer inserts. Stoked to add another pair of ON3Ps to the quiver!

But wait, there's more.

Huge red flags. I'm gonna guess stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Shift + maestrale RS on both.

I came from tele so this feels bomber.
    All about perspective I guess.

PSA: 2013 191 goat on Seattle Craigslist: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/s...087275969.html
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

I just sent some 191 BGs in the same year/graphic to Ed el Loco in Seattle. Doubt he would sell this quick and I'm okay if he did. My pair had a second heel mount but currently mounted at 315 for Solly. Just putting it out there in case someone lifted his and he doesn't know it yet. Seems like skis have been walking off lately and the stock pics are always a little weird in CL ads.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    PSA: from Gear Swap. My thread for my 186 BGs/PX15.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    SO....Woodsman vs BG sizing question. Being a 189 BG guy, what do you think of the 187 Woodsman? How does the size of the Woodsman feel in relation to the BG? What about stability and maneuverability?

I'm kind of between sizes (187 and 182). Conventional TGR wisdom would tell me to size up, but I ski (and LOVE) the 184 BG. So if you're happy with how your 187 Woodsman compliments your 189 BG then maybe I should be thinking 182 Woodsman to go with my 184 BG.
    I only have 1 day on my BG and 4 days on my woodsman, so take this with a grain of salt.

Tail of the woodsman makes the ski feel longer than it is. Hoping that a detune settles it down a bit, but if you get in the back seat at all the woodsman will punish you. Because of that, the woodsman feels a touch longer than the 189 BG.

For reference my favorite ski length is 188-190 and the woodsman in 187 feel like a 190, not a 187 (I know I know, everyone measures weird).

Yeah, I bailed when he pulled that. Price listed is the price.
    You know, when I was younger with more free time and vengeance, I used to fuck with people who tried to do a bidding war above asking price. I would offer a higher price, string them along for a few days, possibly weeks, then ghost them. Seriously, it's a pair of skis...not a real estate auction...

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    I only have 1 day on my BG and 4 days on my woodsman, so take this with a grain of salt.

Tail of the woodsman makes the ski feel longer than it is. Hoping that a detune settles it down a bit, but if you get in the back seat at all the woodsman will punish you. Because of that, the woodsman feels a touch longer than the 189 BG.

For reference my favorite ski length is 188-190 and the woodsman in 187 feel like a 190, not a 187 (I know I know, everyone measures weird).
    Interesting observation. I always feel like skis with long tails (aka short tips) feel and ski short. But I guess if it's a strong tail I could see how it could run away/feel big especially if you get backseat. That might actually explain why my 183 QLabs ski bigger than they look on my feet. Big square flat tail that's pretty long with the strangely progressive mount of that ski.

But if you think the Woodsman feels like a 190 class ski (it really is) then maybe I really would be better off on the 182. What size are you for reference?

The 187 woodsman 108 is similar in feel to the 190 moment wildcat 108.

I personally think the woodsman skis shorter than the BG and that the tail is not an issue. Unless you prefer a longer ski I think the 182 would compliment the 184 BG well. If you enjoy a 183 Qlab then for sure a 182 woodsman.