Page 316 of 594 FirstFirst ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 14839
    I had OG C&Ds mounted tele @line. Not RES, but still.....
    I would never go back on BGs, because of 1) RES 2) pintail+rocker+twin..... Wheelies + not much tail to put pressure on - - > easy to spin around on harder snow
    Last edited by sf; 01-26-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Blister's guide has mount point listed for all their tested skis:

https://blisterreview.com/winter-buyers-guide

(184 BG: -9)

Jr needs new powder skis. If there is anyone on here that would be willing to part with a small set of BG’s I would be grateful. Not the GS I know but I figured lots of ON3P enthusiast traffic here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Skied the Woodsman 108 in 187 today.

Really fun ski, but I dont fully agree with saying it is on the Wren spectrum. It’s a lot easier going and can be skied from a fully centered stance if you want. Really fun ski in the air and the tail is stiff and feels awesome on landings.

I’ll write up more once I get to ski it more.

Beating the crap out of my BGs lately. Basically walking on rocks, or charging into rock fields every day. Billy Goating around to get into chutes. Can't seem to break them yet. Knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Really fun ski, but I dont fully agree with saying it is on the Wren spectrum. It’s a lot easier going and can be skied from a fully centered stance if you want. Really fun ski in the air and the tail is stiff and feels awesome on landings.

Agree with that on the 116 front too. As the day wore along yest began to vary turn shape and pivot mine more to conserve salty legs. They were happy there too smearing around mushy corn bumps. Lots on the turn spectrum I feel with the woods.

Would love to hear more. I'm looking at the Woodsman 108 as a PNW DD ski. I'm also interested in hearing about the length. I usually ski a 190 QLab and like the length, so I'm a bit between sizes with the Woodsman.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Would love to hear more. I'm looking at the Woodsman 108 as a PNW DD ski. I'm also interested in hearing about the length. I usually ski a 190 QLab and like the length, so I'm a bit between sizes with the Woodsman.
    I love the Q-Lab bought a 108 Woodsman. I tried to like them skied 6 days with 2 crashes and a couple oh sh!t MOMENTS. Ski does not move around as easy as a Q-lab in Powder and soft crud groomers felt boring and fast. Ski feels locked into a stable arching turn, hard to change direction of turn. At slower speeds with allot of work I could ski tight trees and chutes but I had to be ON IT tiring and scary for me.

As a general rule:

Magnus = 0 (90) or -2 (102)

Jeffrey/Jessie = -3 to -4.5

Woodsman = -5 to -6.5

BillyGoat/CD = -8.5 to -9.5

Wren = -8.5 to -10.5

We don't list specifics because 1) excluding the Magnus Series, the mount point scales and we get really in the weeds with a 5 ski line and 5 different mount points and 2) there is still an internal debate to be had if it will do more harm than good. People think the mount on the sidewall is true center - often - even when it is obvious. Also, why would we take the time to mark the center of the ski - and then require you to measure - vs just doing it right the first time? And yes, the story of the shop mounting the BGs -9cm from the -9cm recommended is true.

I agree we need to do a better job explaining it, though. Next year there will be some new...information on the production pages that will explain mounts in terms of balance - not necessarily specifics per ski, but should help this out.

If anyone ever wants the specific mount point, you can always message us and we'll give you the measurements (that will likely be posted in FAQ next year too. Just haven't got to it).
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I have a woodsman 108 in a 187 and love it. For reference I also own a bodacious in 186 and wren 114 in 184. The woodsman in 187 felt like the right length for me. The woodsman handles tight spaces better than my bodacious or wren 114 but is still pretty stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for a Whistler pow and chop ski. I've been reading great things about the Billy Goat for the PNW, but I have a few questions.

For those in the know, can you drive this ski with more of a forward stance when needed (I'm used to skis you can drive somewhat)? Is it serviceable/not horrendous when you need to ski on groomers? At 5"10 and 175lbs, would I be best on the 184 version?

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    I have a woodsman 108 in a 187 and love it. For reference I also own a bodacious in 186 and wren 114 in 184. The woodsman in 187 felt like the right length for me. The woodsman handles tight spaces better than my bodacious or wren 114 but is still pretty stable.

Thanks. I think I'm sold on the Woodsman (though wouldn't mind finding a demo), but need to figure out length. I'm kind of leaning 192cm at 6'1" 195#, but still thinking 187 may be more a bit more maneuverable. I haven't skied anything that short for awhile.

Thanks. I think I'm sold on the Woodsman (though wouldn't mind finding a demo), but need to figure out length. I'm kind of leaning 192cm at 6'1" 195#, but still thinking 187 may be more a bit more maneuverable. I haven't skied anything that short for awhile.
    The woodsman is my longest ski and it feel pretty maneuverable to me although my other skis are heavier skis w bigger turn radiuses and less tail rocker. If you like close to Portland you can demo out of the factory.

Go big. U will appreciate the stability at speed. I’m ur size, a little heavier. 92 116 is totally manageable in right spots for me. They’re really friendly. I’m glad I went big. Not the 108 but I would imagine the narrower ski even more friendly. There is generous rocker and I feel like mine ski short despite being longer side by side to my 193 Cochise.

Did you have your Qlabs mounted at -6/7 or back at -10/11?
    If you thought thr qlab length was good at 190 and mounted at -6/7 then the 187 woodsman will be perfect.

Do you ski at stevens or crystal?

And the BG is a amazing whistler pow ski. Amazing for the smoo while also awesome for when it’s light.. It feels wide and cumbersome when it’s really dust on crust, but for the conditions we have been having lately it is great.
    Yes you can drive it with a forward stance in chop/hardsnow. Just need a lighter more neutral stance in fresh, which lets you smear and pivot at will.

What was you’re last ski? You could probably ski both the 184 and 189 depending on your preference. I’m 6,1 165 and love the 189, but used to have fun on a 186(old 184) too.

Did you have your Qlabs mounted at -6/7 or back at -10/11?
    If you thought thr qlab length was good at 190 and mounted at -6/7 then the 187 woodsman will be perfect.

Do you ski at stevens or crystal?
    I'm at the further back mount point. I'm typically skiing at Alpental. I'm on the 191 BG and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by AintEZbeingSteezy View Post
    I'm looking for a Whistler pow and chop ski. I've been reading great things about the Billy Goat for the PNW, but I have a few questions.

For those in the know, can you drive this ski with more of a forward stance when needed (I'm used to skis you can drive somewhat)? Is it serviceable/not horrendous when you need to ski on groomers? At 5"10 and 175lbs, would I be best on the 184 version?
    yes, yes, probably! you won’t regret!

I find when you’re raging in 3D you can drive them. Really like how you can link composed slide turns right thru tight terrain. It’s a ski of balance to some degree. I just get on and go. After about day 2/3 it clicks. They are very serviceable on groomers especially if you mob bases flat. You can edge them but its not a tip over ski.
    Re sizing: what are some skis and sizes you like now?

I'm at the further back mount point. I'm typically skiing at Alpental. I'm on the 191 BG and love it.
    I think you’d digg the 192 unless you want it to be really maneuverable

Others have chimed in, but I think you'll love the BG. I had my 191s our in some nasty heavy chop yesterday and the BGs didn't break a sweat. So much fun. Could drive them as much as I wanted. Plus they handle pow like a champ. Float better than a 116 should. The tip just gets them up and floating. I had Protests before and prefer the BG in every dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post

So you feel the need 187 108 woodsman is more maneuverable than the 184 114 wren?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    So you feel the need 187 108 woodsman is more maneuverable than the 184 114 wren?
    Yeah. Its easier to work into tighter turns and feels lot better in moguls. My wren isn’t bad in tighter terrain but it takes more work.

I’m 5’10” 170 and really on the fence for Woodsman sizing. In the Jeff I would for sure go 186 with it being a bit more fwd mount and more tail rocker. I’d also go 184 Wren and currently ski a 184 BG.

My old 184 Bibbys measure 182.3 with a -6 mount and the tips do seem a bit on the short side. Then again I’m leaning towards the more serious ski (vs Wildcat 108) so maybe I should get the more playful size. And I think I’d get a 184 WC 108 which is the same size and mount as a 182 Woodsman.

Anyone about my size been on either or both sizes?

I’m about your size and ski the 184 BG. I did consider the 189 but the ON3P folks steered me to the 184 and I’m glad they did. It’s never felt too short and handles anything I can throw at it.

I find I can drive it in 3D snow but it likes a more centered stance on firm. With the RES you really need that tail on hardpack and being a bit pin tailed, too much forward pressure can cause the back end to wash out. Not an issue in 3D snow ime.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    I’m 5’10” 170 and really on the fence for Woodsman sizing. In the Jeff I would for sure go 186 with it being a bit more fwd mount and more tail rocker. I’d also go 184 Wren and currently ski a 184 BG.

My old 184 Bibbys measure 182.3 with a -6 mount and the tips do seem a bit on the short side. Then again I’m leaning towards the more serious ski (vs Wildcat 108) so maybe I should get the more playful size. And I think I’d get a 184 WC 108 which is the same size and mount as a 182 Woodsman.

Anyone about my size been on either or both sizes?
    I’d be going 187 at least. I’m 5’10” 160. I don’t find the Wren 114 184 a handful at all. And from info above (thanks!) the 187 woodsman skis easier than the 184 wren. I’m considering the 192.