Page 313 of 594 FirstFirst ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 14839
    The 191cm Kartel 108 is no joke in deep maritime snow. Been hammering away on a pair all season, and skied it all week, after some great days (or mornings) on fatskis (Prx Protests, Head Boobshakers, OG3P Bullygoats). Really competent at all speeds in all depths. The only issue I‘ve had to adjust to is that every once in a while I feel like I’m gonna go over the handlebars. Need to give a -2 cm mount a try, and see if that fixes me. Last week we had an unreal opener at Skibowl, and the Kartels totally kicked ass in those bottomless landing zones under the upper lift. Same in steep trees, wide open alpine, etc. I think at this point if I had to sell everything off to pay rent, these are the skis I’d keep. They’re like the jeep of the ski world.

Wren 114 is making me have to change my underwear often at Crystal and Stevens. The speed and chop cutting performance, the width for skiing fast in deep snow - I’m in love with this shape, but I think I want to know how hot the sauce can get with a W114 Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Wren 114 is making me have to change my underwear often at Crystal and Stevens. The speed and chop cutting performance, the width for skiing fast in deep snow - I’m in love with this shape, but I think I want to know how hot the sauce can get with a W114 Ti.
    Wren 114 is my fav ski...well, tied with my Wren 108 Ti.

Hard to think of Wren 114 Ti and not drool, although not having skied yet this year and coming off a new knee I may want some extra soft Magnus for a day or two, haha.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    The 191cm Kartel 108 is no joke in deep maritime snow. Been hammering away on a pair all season, and skied it all week, after some great days (or mornings) on fatskis (Prx Protests, Head Boobshakers, OG3P Bullygoats). Really competent at all speeds in all depths. The only issue I‘ve had to adjust to is that every once in a while I feel like I’m gonna go over the handlebars. Need to give a -2 cm mount a try, and see if that fixes me. Last week we had an unreal opener at Skibowl, and the Kartels totally kicked ass in those bottomless landing zones under the upper lift. Same in steep trees, wide open alpine, etc. I think at this point if I had to sell everything off to pay rent, these are the skis I’d keep. They’re like the jeep of the ski world.
    Post back on how you like em @ -2. Have em on the line and am happy, but find myself wondering about bringin em back a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    The 191cm Kartel 108 is no joke in deep maritime snow....Really competent at all speeds in all depths.....every once in a while I feel like I’m gonna go over the handlebars. Need to give a -2 cm mount a try.....They’re like the jeep of the ski world.
    ftw....

hence, my DD

I have had the same thoughts for my 114’s. But I’ve also though the pairing of regular 114 and Ti wren 96’s would be freaking incredible (or 108’s).

In soft snow, I am guessing I couldn’t tell the difference with Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Post back on how you like em @ -2. Have em on the line and am happy, but find myself wondering about bringin em back a bit.
    I had 191 Kartels last season. About 15 days on them. I’m a pretty directional skier. I liked them allot. But had kind of similar feeling on mount. Just sometimes felt I didn’t have enough ski in front of me.

I pretty much always mount with jester demo bindings as I’m really picky on mount point. So I tried them at -1. Hard to put my finger on it but they lost a bit of sparkle, just didn’t do the things they are great at quite as well. I think you can’t fight the type of ski they are. And further testament to ON3P having mount points dialed.

I ended up selling them and getting some Wren 114’s in 184. First pair of skis mounted with non demo bindings in a long time

Just 1 day on them so far and a little hooky in cut up consolidated powder but just gave them a good detune. All early indicators are good!

So Day 1 on 192 Woods 116 mounted on the Rec with P18’s. Really stoked.

The ski seeks soft snow and when engaged in some it comes alive. I’m so glad I didn’t fuck with the mount point as I would describe it as a soft snow directional charger. It loves to stay in the fall line and was super easy to trench with a balanced stance. Likes to go fast and despite the rocker I couldn’t appreciate any real flop up front goin as fast as I woulda wanted.

I came from directional OG Blizzard Cochise and Bodes so I was really nervous bout the mount but put faith in the mark and it’s right on imo. I’m 6 feet 220lbs and like to push from the tongue in a longer radius turn. These hook up and despite the visually longer appearing tail weren’t pushy, just really balanced to go fast downhill.

I haven’t skied Wrens or Jeffreys or BG’s so can’t compare but for a skier looking for a directional soft snow fall line charger that isn’t punishing these seem money.

I’m stoked to get em out on softer snow but Day 1 ripping round firm maritime groomers they are great. I think they are gonna be epic for pow. Stable, forgiving, and composed is how I would describe the feel.

Mount on the line. ON3P nailed it I think. I was really nervous bout not enough front end but there’s plenty for hard pushing on the tips without feeling hooky.

More to come when we get some snow here in Tahoe. Pretty pumped I bought these esp in the 192. Not a handful whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post

The ski seeks soft snow and when engaged in some it comes alive. I’m so glad I didn’t fuck with the mount point as I would describe it as a soft snow directional charger. It loves to stay in the fall line and was super easy to trench with a balanced stance. Likes to go fast and despite the rocker I couldn’t appreciate any real flop up front goin as fast as I woulda wanted.

I came from directional OG Blizzard Cochise and Bodes so I was really nervous bout the mount but put faith in the mark and it’s right on imo. I’m 6 feet 220lbs and like to push from the tongue in a longer radius turn. These hook up and despite the visually longer appearing tail weren’t pushy, just really balanced to go fast downhill.

I haven’t skied Wrens or Jeffreys or BG’s so can’t compare but for a skier looking for a directional soft snow fall line charger that isn’t punishing these seem money.

I’m stoked to get em out on softer snow but Day 1 ripping round firm maritime groomers they are great. I think they are gonna be epic for pow. Stable, forgiving, and composed is how I would describe the feel.

Mount on the line. ON3P nailed it I think. I was really nervous bout not enough front end but there’s plenty for hard pushing on the tips without feeling hooky.

More to come when we get some snow here in Tahoe. Pretty pumped I bought these esp in the 192. Not a handful whatsoever.
    nice write up, glad the woods are working for ya

the first paragraph of your experience is exactly the way i felt on wrens the first time

the rest of on3p's line maintains the confident platform you've described and my experience with them has been stellar to say the least...

So is this a DD, pow day ski, or? Curious what drove you to the Woods 116 over Billy Goat or say Wren 108/114 (based on your stated directional nature). What else did you consider? Thanks for the writeup.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    So is this a DD, pow day ski, or? Curious what drove you to the Woods 116 over Billy Goat or say Wren 108/114 (based on your stated directional nature). What else did you consider? Thanks for the writeup.
    So I considered Rustler 11 mostly because of my love affair for flip core Blizz. I wanted a spot in the quiver in the 115 range. Considered Other companies but I liked what I heard from ON3P. 4FRNT, Praxis, and Moment were strong contenders but I wanted to venture into something new manufacturer wise.

We have a lot of soft days here in Tahoe and some in between days and I wanted a wider day of storm to day 2 and 3 after storm ski. Also something for the hikes at Alpine that will do better than a 108 waisted selection, tho I’ve had epic pow days on my Cochise . I have Spurs but they get a little cumbersome after a while. I liked all the enthusiasm on the Wren and BG so I started researching ON3P.

I wanted a non punisher coming from 196 and 193 Bodes in this quiver category. Liked what I heard outta Scott and also the blister folks so I went for it. I have a lotta trust in the tech feedback on here and ON3P seemed to have their shit together.

Not gonna be my daily. More of a storm cycle ski. Quiver below:

189 1st gen Spur

192 Woodsman

193 OG Cochise

190 Praxis 9D8

After today tho I’d consider it as a more daily and split with the Cochise. They were so solid on the groomed. Almost tank like with a ton of life. I prefer a faster edge to edge ski for a DD tho like Cochise or my 9D8. These Woods got me thinking Wrenegade 108 tho, fuck they are well made and so solid underfoot. I really appreciate the attention to the engineering behind it. I bet a 108 Woods would also be a money DD. Love the integrity and feel underfoot compared to say my touring ski (DPS Wailer 112).

Wren 114 coulda been cool but I liked the description of the forgiveness of the Woodsman and they would’ve been a custom order. I thought about it for sure. Don’t be fooled tho. I’ve skied a lot of chargers and these things are right there, no fucking joke they Mach with utter stability and I’m a hefty guy at 6 feet 220 lbs. I never doubted em, they were always there ready for my input.

Rambling. Hope this helps. I thought a lot about these before buying and drilling. Solid choice. No regrets. They are gonna rule in the open pow as well as the trees I’m sure.
    Last edited by tahoepa; 01-22-2020 at 09:37 AM.

So I considered Rustler 11 mostly because of my love affair for flip core Blizz. I wanted a spot in the quiver in the 115 range. We have a lot of soft days here in Tahoe and some in between days and I wanted a wider day of storm to day 2 and 3 after storm ski. I have Spurs but they get a little cumbersome after a while. I liked all the enthusiasm on the Wren and BG so I started researching ON3P.

I wanted a non punisher coming from 196 and 193 Bodes in this quiver category. Liked what I heard outta Scott and also the blister folks so I went for it. I have a lotta trust in the tech feedback on here and ON3P seemed to have their shit together.

189 1st gen Spur

192 Woodsman

193 OG Cochise

190 Praxis 9D8

After today tho I’d consider it as a more daily and split with the Cochise. They were so solid on the groomed. Almost tank like with a ton of life. I prefer a faster edge to edge ski for a DD like Cochise. These Woods got me thinking Wrenegade 108 tho, fuck they are well made and so solid underfoot. I really appreciate the attention to the engineering behind it. I bet a 108 Woods would also be a money DD. I just sold a bunch of shit on the swap so I may load up on some Wrens.

The BG has me a little hesitant as I didn’t jive with the more center mount skis I’ve owned, ie Bibby Pro and GPO. Great skis just didn’t suit my style of skiing. I know folks love em and I would love to try a pair just can’t commit to a buy on those without trying first.

Wren 114 coulda been cool but I liked the description of the forgiveness of the Woodsman and they would been a custom order. I thought about it for sure. Don’t be fooled tho. I’ve skied a lot of chargers and these things are right there, no fucking joke they Mach with utter stability and I’m a hefty guy at 6 feet 220 lbs. I never doubted em, they were always there ready for my input.

Rambling. Hope this helps. I thought a lot about these before buying and drilling. Solid choice. No regrets. They are gonna rule in the open pow as well as the trees I’m sure.
    FWIW, I daily the 193 Cochise and love my BG. Solid solid ski in any form of soft snow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    i am also -2ish on k116. they’re short for my size at 186 but stiffer than stock. my stiffest on3p. i’m +1 on 191 Caylors. currently have 108 189 wren with demo’s set at +1 but am not sure that’s right or wrong for me yet.

i think either a 192 woodsman or stiff 187 is the quiver killer for the above.

hoping for more time on the Caylors this year, those things bounce.
    circling back

skied the wren 108 3 days this week at 0 and +1, split across deep trees during/post storm, packed grippy groomers, and a few inches of variable windbuff. i’m landing at +1.

really happy with this as a replacement for OG cochise as a pick up and go ski and something that can handle bigger lines. doesn’t seem to give up much of i point downhill, and will ride an edge. bought a pair of bonafides to pick up ice duty where the cochise did their best prior. was also +1 on 193 cochise.

smaller resorts or dedicated trees i defer to my kartel 116 (186), and caylor (191) comes out if it’s hero or close to it.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

tahoepa - Wrens rule. Woodsman w just a little more of a demanding gas pedal. Little stiffer feel + little quicker acceleration.
    I’d go Woodsman in more playful terrain and Wren when you just want to throw it all at the fall line. Both rage, Wren just more designed to rage at all times. ON3P feel first and foremost, just nuances beyond. Hard to image one liking one of these and not the other.
    Uno mas

So I considered Rustler 11 mostly because of my love affair for flip core Blizz. I wanted a spot in the quiver in the 115 range. We have a lot of soft days here in Tahoe and some in between days and I wanted a wider day of storm to day 2 and 3 after storm ski. I have Spurs but they get a little cumbersome after a while. I liked all the enthusiasm on the Wren and BG so I started researching ON3P.

189 1st gen Spur

192 Woodsman

193 OG Cochise

190 Praxis 9D8

After today tho I’d consider it as a more daily and split with the Cochise. They were so solid on the groomed. Almost tank like with a ton of life. I prefer a faster edge to edge ski for a DD like Cochise. These Woods got me thinking Wrenegade 108 tho, fuck they are well made and so solid underfoot. I really appreciate the attention to the engineering behind it. I bet a 108 Woods would also be a money DD. I just sold a bunch of shit on the swap so I may load up on some Wrens.

The BG has me a little hesitant as I didn’t jive with the more center mount skis I’ve owned, ie Bibby Pro and GPO. Great skis just didn’t suit my style of skiing. I know folks love em and I would love to try a pair just can’t commit to a buy on those without trying first.

Wren 114 coulda been cool but I liked the description of the forgiveness of the Woodsman and they would been a custom order. I thought about it for sure. Don’t be fooled tho. I’ve skied a lot of chargers and these things are right there, no fucking joke they Mach with utter stability and I’m a hefty guy at 6 feet 220 lbs. I never doubted em, they were always there ready for my input.

Awesome! Great info and detail. Sounds like you thought it out well. What was the mount point on those? Like -6 or something? Not that it matters now but I think my BGs are like -9 so not really centered. A bit progressive from a traditional directional ski but not too much.

The Woodsman 108 is high on my list for a new daily to pair with my BGs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    FWIW, I daily the 193 Cochise and love my BG. Solid solid ski in any form of soft snow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Ha! Well enjoy mine my brutha! Good to know. Maybe I’ll nab a used pair for the fuck of it.

Awesome! Great info and detail. Sounds like you thought it out well. What was the mount point on those? Like -6 or something? Not that it matters now but I think my BGs are like -9 so not really centered. A bit progressive from a traditional directional ski but not too much.

The Woodsman 108 is high on my list for a new daily to pair with my BGs.

I believe they are -6. Didn’t realize BG’s were so far back mount wise......I gotta try some.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    circling back

skied the wren 108 3 days this week at 0 and +1, split across deep trees during/post storm, packed grippy groomers, and a few inches of variable windbuff. i’m landing at +1.

really happy with this as a replacement for OG cochise as a pick up and go ski and something that can handle bigger lines. doesn’t seem to give up much of i point downhill, and will ride an edge. bought a pair of bonafides to pick up ice duty where the cochise did their best prior. was also +1 on 193 cochise.

smaller resorts or dedicated trees i defer to my kartel 116 (186), and caylor (191) comes out if it’s hero or close to it.
    Ur direct reference to my most beloved of all time the OG Cochise 193 has me likely triggering Wrens tonight. Efff it, ski fund is fat from swap sales.

Ur direct reference to my most beloved of all time the OG Cochise 193 has me likely triggering Wrens tonight. Efff it, ski fund is fat from swap sales.
    See my post above. No regrets will be had.
    Uno mas

I believe they are -6. Didn’t realize BG’s were so far back mount wise......I gotta try some.
    Your reference to the Bibby (and not being your style) is quite interesting to me. Same mount point as a similar sized Woodsman (-6). More tail rocker in the Bibby and full twin. Obviously different cores and the new Wildcat is quite a bit lighter. I’d really like to get on both (in 108) and see how they stack up for a daily. Hmmm

Your reference to the Bibby (and not being your style) is quite interesting to me. Same mount point as a similar sized Woodsman (-6). More tail rocker in the Bibby and full twin. Obviously different cores and the new Wildcat is quite a bit lighter. I’d really like to get on both (in 108) and see how they stack up for a daily. Hmmm

Yeah I dunno. Everybody loves that ski I think it just inserted itself into my quiver at the wrong time, maybe I didn’t give it a chance. Blizzard obsession was in full effect in that 5y period. Good luck finding ur fit......

Yeah well I moved on from them to BGs as my new-snow ski and couldn’t be happier. But always thought they were a better all mountain ski than powder ski. Just haven’t fell for a daily. OG Cochise then QLab. Want something a bit more playful than either but still some charging chops. Something that will be happier to slash and get sideways but still point down the fall line. Need to compare the feel of the heavy ones to something lighter like the Wildcat 108.

BGs have a similar/same? mount point as Wrenegades.

so on3p is on my hit list. anyone with seconds that they are thinking of selling or trading hit me up. may be at an ikon resort near you.

would really like to demo some and will be on the look out. anyone want to trade skis for a day at an ikon resort let me know to. i have all 4frnt, 190 raven, 194 devs, 196 rens, and old heavy blue 190+ hojis.

i'll be looking for some shorter skis than what i currently run, thinking of 184 wrens or the woodmans. almost want to get 184 devs, but really want to try a different brand of skis, preferably a hard core boutique ski company like 4frnt & on3p.

1st: 190+ heavy blue hojis are on the trading block.

2nd: same for 196 rens, little hesitant on these.

If you want the same effortless ease as 4FRNTs in powder (and can live with decreased liveliness on groomers) then BGs are an obvious choice as they kinda requires a similar stance. I rode Hojis (187s red/whites) and BGs (184s) back to back today. The Hojis are just so easy to ski, light and flickable - responding well to an active and poppy style. BGs takes a bit more to get moving, but also handles difficult snow way better - in difficult conditions they just flat out make one a better skier. BGs are utter crap on ice - at least mine are - but then again, that is not the use one buys BGs for. The BGs were def the stars of my day, with 10cm blower on top of tracked out and bump/shark heavy ice/crust. That being said, both wrens and even more so woods can be skied with a more centered stance - you do not need to drive the shit out of the shovels to make them work - while jeffsys def prefers a centered stance. ON3Ps are quite versatile, especially in all kinds of soft snow.

I mirror Tahoepa's opinion on woods116s thus far. They seem very capable. The plan was to use them after I went on the BGs, but opted to go for my custom stiffer Kartel116s instead. I dunno what it is - it could be that I am too poor of a skier technique wise, too light / not powerful enough or that my request to build em custom stiffer messed a good thing up - but the k116s are perhaps THE ski in the quiver I am having the hardest time with currently. Which makes me wanna ski them more, to figure them out. Re-mounting them back 2cm def helped though. To be fair, I originally bought them for use in two resorts that are quite different than were I use them now. I probably just need to grow a pair and go faster eh.

I dunno. I am having a lot of fun with my quiver this year - actually skiing a lot, skiing stuff back to back, and figuring out what ski is best at what resort for what conditions. For instance BGs are a lot of fun in one of my two home mountains, while somewhat terrible in the other (due to the lower half of that mountain being very icy more often than not (not as in firm snow, but as in ice)). I dunno, the quiver is being trimmed a bit too, but I am very, very happy with most of the skis in it.