Page 307 of 599 FirstFirst ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 14965

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I put a much bigger gash into my OG Wrens. FranklezZ hit it with a ptex gun and it has been good ever since. Still ride that pair. Patch it and keep on going.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Iggy delivered base material for a patch as promised (with some extras), and just in time for Fistmas! Thanks! As soon as this ptex falls out, I’ll patch ‘er up and post some pics.

Attachment 307521
    I'll probably get roasted for this but how do you apply the patch? Melt in like p-tex?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not if he wants the pattern to match!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Looking forward to patch herringbone synchronicity

And Cdub you cut your donor base into a trapezoid/oval/funky geometric you need to repair the shot. Trace onto ski, excise old base. Clean, epoxy, and clamp. ideally stone grind after to get perfectly blended but not always necessary

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Not if he wants the pattern to match!
    That's what I figured...

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Looking forward to patch herringbone synchronicity

And Cdub you cut your donor base into a trapezoid/oval/funky geometric you need to repair the shot. Trace onto ski, excise old base. Clean, epoxy, and clamp. ideally stone grind after to get perfectly blended but not always necessary
    Gracias, I thought that is what would be involved but wasn't sure how that would hold.... I took a pretty deep shot out of my Wrens last week... Assessing options.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    I'll probably get roasted for this but how do you apply the patch? Melt in like p-tex?

Well, you could try a 'hot' patch, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Chair six takes what it’s due...
    keeping my new woodman 108s away from that chair till we get another storm or two, as tempting as it is

I don't know that much about repairs. Scott's gonna ship me a patch sometime soon (like he did above), and I'll take them to evo to get fixed for real. My question is: would cutting the section of peeled up base off and hitting the base with a ptex gun mess up the strength of the future base patch at all? I have a ptex gun, but I suck enough that my ptex welds typically don't hold well.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Ezpz. Just clamp the piece, scott is sending you , on top of that shot so it covers it all. Then cut a big oval around the shot with an exacto knife. Make the cut go through the patch material and the base at the same time so the patch will be really close to the same shape. Pull the renaining base around that gash where you cut with the knife and hopefully ur patch material is identical. If not make it with the knife or a file. Use a good epoxy atleast 24hr and lay it in. I like to lay a bit of wax paper on it and a metal scraper and clamp it. The wax paper will keep the scraper from bondong to it. You can hit it very lightly with a torch to give it a bit of heat. Short cycles and be careful. Thatll excelerate the cure of the epoxy and it should be ready for the morning. It might need a coiple light passes on a ski grinder to make the patch flush with the base. Wax and go tag some more rocks. Fkn exacto knifes though. Watch those buggers

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I don't know that much about repairs. Scott's gonna ship me a patch sometime soon (like he did above), and I'll take them to evo to get fixed for real. My question is: would cutting the section of peeled up base off and hitting the base with a ptex gun mess up the strength of the future base patch at all? I have a ptex gun, but I suck enough that my ptex welds typically don't hold well.
    Of course a base patch is stronger than a weld. Reality is, a weld is all you need. Same with fortress and Cdub.
    I'm kinda a stickler for shit fitting tight. Patches within the base can be tough if not careful. I would suggest making a quick jig you can clamp down and cut the patch and damaged base @ same time. Cut facets @ the ends, round shapes can be a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I'm kinda a stickler for shit fitting tight.
    word

any overlap/gap between good base and the repair is finicky, i.e. getting nice and flat or having a gap to fill with epoxy

tuco says in another repair thread that snow is very abrasive on epoxy so a tight clean fit is essential especially for a DD - take the time to do it right

rock ski/backup ski? - ptex and forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    Currently, It seems that I sway even more towards pulling the trigger on a pair of Woodsmans 116.

But what about length?

I am 5'5 (165lbs and not fat) and I have difficulty choosing between 182 and 187. I really like both my Wrens in 184cm if that helps, but I worry that 187 might be too long.
    Finally decided to pull the trigger on 187 Grizzlycorns - simply could not resist. So excited
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesomeness headed your way then!

Bump, anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by noturnsnecessary View Post
    Figured I’d post here first

Now that I have and love the Woodsman 108, looking to get rid of my 2018 Wrens 108 in 179. Has a custom black topsheet with green sidewall, the 19oz fiberglass, and about 25 days on them. No structural/core damage, just cosmetic topsheet chipping. Thoughts on fair price? Would probably come with Pivot 14s

Attachment 307441

Attachment 307233Attachment 307234

You’ve got a better chance at selling by posting them in gearswap and listing your asking price.
    Uno mas

Pivot 95 or 115 brakes for my new woodsman 108

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Pivot 95 or 115 brakes for my new woodsman 108

I took my BG’s out for the first time this year today.

Best skis evah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    I took my BG’s out for the first time this year today.

Best skis evah!!!
    No doubt!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ullr is pleased — C&Ds finally feel broken in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1112.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	309382

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Call or text me if you need help. I'll be unavailable starting this Friday (for a week). Best day is Wed or Thurs. I have some patch material if you haven't received any from Scott yet, but it ain't no stinkin Herringbone ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Today was a banner day for the cease and desists. 15” of pow turning to schmoo as it warmed. Just crushed.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Today was a banner day for the cease and desists. 15” of pow turning to schmoo as it warmed. Just crushed.
    Yer killin' me with thoughts of a quiver update ;-)
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Love it! I couldn’t get out of work today, but glad that some C&D’s were on the hill today, surfing the deep goodness.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

ON3P SKIS Discussion

All repaired —

Cleaned up the edges with a razor even though it was a pretty clean hit then warmed up the base with heat gun. Laid in new PTEX with a soldering iron. Once cooled I scraped off the excess and voila!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44BCA35B-A474-4BF4-AE3E-A022B4ED51D8.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	819.7 KB 
ID:	309448

Let’s hope she sticks!

Last edited by SkiLyft; 01-06-2020 at 09:29 PM.