Page 287 of 289 FirstFirst ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 7208
    Serious question.

Do I need goats to go with my super goats?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Serious question.

get a woodsman! if you have a supergoat a woodsman 108 should cover a lot and be enough to leave little to no gap until you need a super goat! assuming and it seems like it can ski shit low tide powder as good as the BG

Hahaha I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Serious question.

I just want a lighter, slightly shorter (more maneuverable) super goat for side country and touring. Is that a Billy Goat? I donít think so.
    Last edited by jackattack; 08-10-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Yeah. Woodsman 108 seems like the call.

First I need to buy 2 pair of GS and 2 pair of slalom skis for the gromettes

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I just want a lighter, slightly shorter (more maneuverable) super goat for side country and touring. Is that a Billy Goat? I donít think so.
    Interesting, why do you think itís isnít?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Based on my experience with the Steeple. When the BG goes on a diet it becomes a noodle. A shorter, touring oriented SG would not be a noodle.

Based on my experience with the Steeple. When the BG goes on a diet it becomes a noodle. A shorter, touring oriented SG would not be a noodle.
    Gotcha. Softer would be no bueno. If they could keep it stiff it seemed like the right tool for the job you wanted it to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Gotcha. Softer would be no bueno. If they could keep it stiff it seemed like the right tool for the job you wanted it to perform.
    Despite my love of BGs I was enjoying Protesting more on the back to back day comparisons last year.

Really want to test a woodsman 108 more to decide if they could be my DD replacement for my viciks. Mid mount, more playful, still driveable is exactly what I'm looking for.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Despite my love of BGs I was enjoying Protesting more on the back to back day comparisons last year.

Really want to test a woodsman 108 more to decide if they could be my DD replacement for my viciks. Mid mount, more playful, still driveable is exactly what I'm looking for.
    You know my love affair with the Protest. Didnít want to bring them up in this thread. It is what Jack is after tho....

Yes I add fuel to that fire without meaning to.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Yes I add fuel to that fire without meaning to.
    Adding to the fiery hell of summer. #makeamericawinteragain

Woodsman 108... damn you people. I thought I was done buying skis for a minute. Although, if these work as well as I think they will, I might be able to get rid of many pairs.

since C&Ds apparently are back in stock today re Insta - in case you wanna buy, here is a pick of the rocker profiles of 184s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C&D.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	291948

pure gold yes.

And sorry if the colors ended up weird. I tried to edit the pic a bit to make the rocker profile even more visible, but might have failed. Right click + copy + paste its address directly into you prowser if you want an even larger pic.

Quote Originally Posted by m19ab1 View Post
    What’s happening with the old quiver 
    Some are sold locally here in Scandiland, some mysteriously are not - and get to be in the quiver a bit longer (in spite of me promising myself that I will sell said skis).

Also, it is kinda interesting to handflex jeff116s, woods116 and wren114s back to back. There is quite some difference in the tails across the three skis, so it will be superinteresting to ride them back to back. Jeff116 tails are pretty round if still fairly supportive, woods116 a bit more supportive while wren114s are a bit more supportive still. All flex patterns make a ton of sense when considering the shapes of the skis. Very, very intrigued.

And don't even get me started on woods108. Together with Blister's fairly glowing review, their shape and flex pattern makes me itch to get on them.

yes, I am missing snow.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 08-21-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Woodsman 108... damn you people. I thought I was done buying skis for a minute. Although, if these work as well as I think they will, I might be able to get rid of many pairs.

Name:	1C1CD5A9-AD33-4316-AAA7-9DEBD31F28EB.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	291951

this just arrived at my house!!!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

WDM108 art on C&D
    would be
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 08-21-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Was taking care of
    Some business in Tacoma today and snapped this pic...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3132.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	578.7 KB 
ID:	292122
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Well that's disappointing to hear.
    Alpental Indigenous
    Member PNWFSC

I have to say I find that kind of hard to believe. My BG's flex pretty damn stiff. Great for inbounds chop, but if I were taking them into the backcountry I'd happily have them flex 20% softer.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    since C&Ds apparently are back in stock today re Insta - in case you wanna buy, here is a pick of the rocker profiles of 184s

pure gold yes.
    Ive looked for some reviews on the C&Ds but can’t find much besides older ones when the ski was quite a bit different. From what I’ve read it sounds like the C&D has become a wider BG. Do you own a pair? If you had to choose one to be the wider ski in your quiver would you go BG or C&D?

I have yet to try my pair (already posted but I think one more depiction is in order). If you need convincing i suggest you read Adrghaīs and MHSP1497īs posts earlier in this thread (look up their users) - they sure as hell seem to get along with theirs

Name:	BG CD.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	292186

And yes, C&Ds has morphed into wider BGs (identical rocker profile that yields a wider range of applications than the OG version imho) with tour flex as stock. Their tails are still very supportive, but RES+tour layup noses should make for awesome float. The change in shape//rocker has made them a bit more versatile.

If easy of pivoting and float together with bomber construction is what you are after then they should be surefire winner.

As for which I would choose - hard to tell. BGs seem more versatile and better at crushing through stuff. Yet my first pair of 179 BGs and i did not get along. I will report back after trying the new pair depicted above. I think they/BGs will make a lot more sense on my new home mountain than my last, and C&Ds should be an appropriate powder weapon. Time will tell, but they for sure are a bit different horses for different courses. If you live in a snowrich environment - especially with blower pow - go C&D. More variable and dense coastal pow, BGs are hard to beat.

Also - Powtron seemed to get along with his before he unfortunately wrecked his knee,.
    https://vimeo.com/315367025

Ive looked for some reviews on the C&Ds but canít find much besides older ones when the ski was quite a bit different. From what Iíve read it sounds like the C&D has become a wider BG. Do you own a pair? If you had to choose one to be the wider ski in your quiver would you go BG or C&D?
    Both... I wrote extensively about the Cease & Desist last season. Rode them a lot (19 days). Also have Billy Goats and 120mm Caylors. Different skis for different conditions, tho I rode the Cease & Desists WAY more. Theyíre rounder in flex, similar in quickness in trees, they float much better and donít ďplowĒ like the Billy Goatís can in low-angle terrain. Itís far more likely that, in an average season, Billy Goatís would be the right choice. I just got really, really lucky last season and didnít ride mine much (1x).

tl/dr: Cease & Desist is a magnificent ski, just need enough snow to justify 124mm underfoot, otherwise a Billy Goat has more versatility.

@kid-kapow and MHSP, thanks for the feedback! I read through some of your earlier post and they seem like a good fresh pow ski.

I just got back into skiing over the last few seasons after a hiatus and ended up getting a pair Kartel 96’s in 176. I was looking to adding to the quiver for this season and had my mind made up getting a wildcat 108 in 184 but am still open minded for a deeper snow ski. C&D and the BG are definitely on top of my list, as well as possibly the Anima or full sized Wildcat.

@kid-kapow and MHSP, thanks for the feedback! I read through some of your earlier post and they seem like a good fresh pow ski.

I just got back into skiing over the last few seasons after a hiatus and ended up getting a pair Kartel 96ís in 176. I was looking to adding to the quiver for this season and had my mind made up getting a wildcat 108 in 184 but am still open minded for a deeper snow ski. C&D and the BG are definitely on top of my list, as well as possibly the Anima or full sized Wildcat.
    If running just a 2 ski quiver then look at the BG as the pow ski to compliment the K96ís. If running the K96, WC108 then personally I would do the cNd or another full on pow ski like my favorite one from a diff manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    tl/dr: Cease & Desist is a magnificent ski, just need enough snow to justify 124mm underfoot, otherwise a Billy Goat has more versatility.
    I dailyd a 125 uf ski. I think versatility is more a function of the shape than actual width. I guarantee a Woodsy 124 would be waayyy more versatile, overall, than the C&D. But not necessarily more fun in the right conditions. Which is exactly why I asked Scott if one might be in the works.

I've since been enlightened on the existence of a pretty much carbon copy of my dream daily....