Page 215 of 599 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 14965
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Damn, I love the flex of the K108 but the reality is it’s just way too much tail rocker and a bit too center mounted for how I ski. I should have known better. Advanced notice of some really nice custom skis for sale soon.
    Hey, you tried... what’s next?

Damn, I love the flex of the K108 but the reality is it’s just way too much tail rocker and a bit too center mounted for how I ski. I should have known better. Advanced notice of some really nice custom skis for sale soon.
    Custom how?

What length?
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Touring layup. 186.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Looking to trade my 189 Wren98’s for something shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Touring layup. 186.
    Mounted with shifts?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Looking to trade my 189 Wren98’s for something shorter.
    i got a pair of last years wren 98's at 184 - and looking for a set of 189's

pm if interested

PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    Got out on the heavy core steeple 108s that I picked up from CascadeLuke. Dust on junk with wind stashes was the perfect scenario for these guys. Not super relevant to the kartel v. wren discussion due to availability, but these are the 10x width grab-for-whatever ski I was looking for, very stoked
    Such good skis. Very versatile. Was commenting the other day how I’ll miss these one’s and probably regret selling. Enjoy

ON3P SKIS Discussion

It’s been a Wren 114 kinda week in CO ❄️

Thursday with 12” of fresh and bluebird skies and today was nukesville the first couple of hours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0786.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	261144
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0823.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	261147
    You should have been here yesterday!

Those are beauties.

I bet those 114's absolutely rip - how do they compare to the 108's? Do they need a lot more input? Or does it just feel like a floatier 108?

Man, PowTron - that looks like a ton of fun!

I am also very curious to know how w114s have sold. The current crop on the site is the final inventory for the season - like it also is with the new C&Ds - so grab them while you can!

Name:  Skjermbilde 2018-12-22 kl. 20.57.29.png
Views: 453
Size:  281.1 KB

I cannot wait to try mine - I mean, how can these not be killer?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    I bet those 114's absolutely rip - how do they compare to the 108's? Do they need a lot more input? Or does it just feel like a floatier 108?
    Floatier Wren 108 that still rails groomers with ease. Actually easier to ski and slarve around than you would think. They are fast as hell, but by no means are they too hard to turn.

My Wren 108 are “special” so I would say those are faster and more powerful, but the W114 is so damn versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Floatier Wren 108 that still rails groomers with ease. Actually easier to ski and slarve around than you would think. They are fast as hell, but by no means are they too hard to turn.
    Music to my ears! Like a full blown symphony of awesomeness in fact - cannot wait!

Just to chime in from a decade of skiing at MT Hood. Their slogan should be either

A. Mt hood meadows, we’ve got your money

B. Mt hood meadows, making bachelor closer every day.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Thanks. I got into a rush trying to sell everything, but it’s going to be nice having Billy Goats on hand when I drive back up to Mammoth/Tahoe for warmer storms with heavier snow the next few years. Or just traveling in general and I know theres going to be heavy snowy.. this is where BGs are supreme!

If anyone needs a pair of white pivot 18s 130mm, hit me up

In addition to "feeling" for when you catch/engage the thread in the ski, the rear heel holes (longer screws) are difficult to engage on Pivots. The heel piece wants to torque itself out of position.

When I turn my attention to mounting the heel, I support the ski at tip and tail so the brakes are clear of the work bench.

I screw the front two (shorter) screws most of the way down.

I then use some sort of clamp on the heel pad to raise the brakes (hold them in their "up" position) which better exposes the two rear holes. This makes it easier to be delicate with these two screws.

Don't forget to tighten the two front holes.

Yeah - glue is basically about water sealing,. Since since you're a big boy and aren't confident about engaging the threads perfectly, maybe some West Systems G-Flex 650 Marine epoxy would help you sleep at night. It has a 2 hour working time.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Mounted with shifts?
    Yes, already pulled them and mounted on other skis. Got everyone’s PM’s and will reply soon- came down with the stomach flu last night.

Full specs:

186 Kartel 108’s
    Custom white top sheet
    Green sidewalls
    Touring layup
    Mounted with Shifts on the line for 305 BSL.

Only used about 4 days. Feel like such a dumbass, remind me not to get full twins again.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

hm - sorry to hear that they didn't work out for you man!

Surprising to hear that they didn't work as intended as I would think they would - k108s are great skis. Personally I am inclined to think that making them stiffer would make them more compatible with more traditional skiing styles, even if I quite enjoy them stock in all but snow conditions were w108 have em beat - aka where mashing through stuff is par for the course.

Oh well I guess, one live and one learns no?

Intrigued by the BGs...

What length would the collective suggest for 2018 or 2019s?

5'9" 180#. Lange rs140s. Pretty strong skier, but no pro.

Devastator 184s feel short for maching through chopped, but sure as hell are fun. The 194cm are too big for our sized mountains and the swing weight scares me too much to even try.

Kye 120 in 189 / 138-123-133 / 27 are perfect length and do well in new mexico and Colorado pow/chopped. They are just slow turning when carving. Pivot like a dream in tight trees.

Bonafides 180cm feel short but are fine for bulletproof /hardpack bumps. Just not long enough to mach well.

Renegades 196cm are a blast in steep pow but too long in higher density chopped.

Or r the bgs really just perfect for pnw mank and not quite perfect for northern new Mexico/ southern Colorado lighter density chopped.

What say yea? Thinking 189, 191 or not going there.

Thx!

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Intrigued by the BGs...

Devastator 184s feel short for maching through chopped, but sure as hell are fun. The 194cm are too big for our sized mountains and the swing weight scares me too much to even try.

Kye 120 in 189 / 138-123-133 / 27 are perfect length and do well in new mexico and Colorado pow/chopped. They are just slow turning when carving. Pivot like a dream in tight trees.

Bonafides 180cm feel short but are fine for bulletproof /hardpack bumps. Just not long enough to mach well.

Renegades 196cm are a blast in steep pow but too long in higher density chopped.

Or r the bgs really just perfect for pnw mank and not quite perfect for northern new Mexico/ southern Colorado lighter density chopped.

Thx!

I'm 5'11", 155 lbs. On the 184cm 2018 BGs and I have yet to need any more float, from heavy Sierra cement to light interior BC powder. I suspect I'd love the 189s--I think the decision would be more about getting slightly more stability in chop on the 189 vs. more maneuverability in bumps and tight spots on the 184.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    light interior BC powder.
    Pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Pics or didn't happen

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    I cant wait to see what you think about the C&D at Mammoth. I’m a little jealous actually, that was such a good ski for steep and open terrain with soft snow. I just couldnt justify keeping it and also looking for R/R skis too.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Intrigued by the BGs...

Thx!

I’m 6’ and 175lbs and riding 184 Billy Goats. If I were buying new ones today I’d go 189 but that’s only because I noticed some “plowing” in certain kinds of snow that I “think” might be cured with a little more length. Additionally, I would add extra carbon to stiffen them some more, and probably go veneer.

For you, you’d probably find the 184’s great but if you’re always after the longest ski, go 189. I doubt you’ll give up much either way. RES enables a level of maneuverability that’s just unmatched IMO.

BG’s handle any kind of snow really well it’s just that they’re especially good at blasting thru PNW and Sierra crud.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Music to my ears! Like a full blown symphony of awesomeness in fact - cannot wait!
    I think this 114 is the absolute perfect Loveland, Jackson, Telluride, Alta type ski.

Fall line charger when standing on it, smeary and pivots in trees and cream cheese, slices and dices chop, and will make GS and super G trenches on groomers and packed pow.

I skied it today at Loveland in 6” of wind blown pow on top of sun crust and ice and it was unstoppable.

And I don’t work for ON3P anymore as an FYI...just my now un-biased, honest opinion