Page 208 of 598 FirstFirst ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 14944
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    any other C&D reviews?
    Need the mountain to open first. I will write one once I get some runs in.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    I do. I have mine mounted with Kingpins (knock on wood) and I've had around 60-70 touring days on them over the last two last seasons. I have an entire quiver of lighter touring options, but I keep reaching for the BG's because nothing really compares for me given the right conditions.

Yeah, they're heavy, and you're gonna notice that weight. Especially early in the season. But as the season goes on and you get stronger (and get used to it), they're fine. I have no problems keeping up with people on lighter gear. Whether it's worth it or not is highly personal, but for me it really is if the conditions are right.

I'd also love to try a pair of BG's with the touring layup. I did however buy a pair of C&D's for this season, so do I get to try that layup -- albeit in a slightly different shape.
    Last year’s steeple 116 are awesome. But still pretty heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    sweet thanks

Same here. Chairs are turning but it’s not C&D deep by any stretch. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    Does anyone use use the Billy Goat (non-tour layup) as a touring ski? How manageable do you find them on the way up?I got a cheap older pair and am thinking of throwing Shifts on them for short tours and in-bound powder days. Will I hate myself for the weight? I figured I'd try it out this season and, if I like them, consider a newer iteration with the touring layup.
    I do/have. Years touring on a BG191
    Now, SuperGoat193 and PillowFight196 are my daily tourers; so my .02 is that a little weight isn't worth fussing over. The downhill performance is worth it! Like others said, you'll get used to them quick and never give it another thought.

I think Greg Lemond once said - it never gets easier, you just get faster

https://rockies.craigslist.org/spo/d...762469949.html

Saw this, screaming deal on some shorter Billy goats. If anyone buys them and happens to not want the bindings, I call first dibs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

holy crap - those are a steal.

Does anyone use use the Billy Goat (non-tour layup) as a touring ski?
    This year have shifts on 189 goats fkna love them. Worth the weight especially in the NW. Having a dependable/damp ski for the decent is worth it IMO.

Honestly today while touring my wife said I was cruising at the same speed I usually do; I didn’t notice a big difference between them and my 190 BC with FT12s on the way up.

Now is it the right tool on long approaches or days with vert >6k hmm debatable that’s probably where you would notice a difference.

Anybody order the clear sidewall? Im curious what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Who here has skied the skinny goat? Moved back to the PNW from Colorado and re-tooling the quiver. Anyways was talking with the significant other and she is interested in a skinny goat but @iggy do you even have those molds?

As a side note wasn’t the steeple supposed to be the skinny goat, but didn’t it have less tail rocker?

Anyways anytime she wants new skis I get excited. I know several other mags have their partners on goats but I just think the 179 would be too stout for her at 5’ 2”.

Pics for stoke, and not of her tits GTFO.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1720.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	258177

^ I think the Steeple 108 was pretty well the tour core version of the skinny goat that was floating around for awhile. I have skied mine in a wide range of conditions and been stoked on their overall performance. Dig back through this thread for more detail and the odd bit of stoke or post specific questions and I can try to answer them.

I have thought about bugging ON3P to make a run of shorter Steeple 108s/skinny goats for the lady folk as well. My girl is 5' 5" and doesn't need a 179. 170-ish would be ideal. Girls need RES in their lives too!

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    I have thought about bugging ON3P to make a run of shorter Steeple 108s/skinny goats for the lady folk as well. My girl is 5' 5" and doesn't need a 179. 170-ish would be ideal. Girls need RES in their lives too!
    Ditto there brother. Let’s see who posts, maybe if we get more mags that are interested we can convince iggy.

My wife would be in...still skiing 163 Kikus....gotta get her on something new.

She’ll mount the Kikus on the wall.....she’s had them seems like forever.

What do you want to know about the skinny goat? I can say for someone who is lighter it makes for a great powder ski. I enjoyed mine quite a bit but they’re even better for my friend who weighs like 150 pounds (I’m 180).
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What do you want to know about the skinny goat? I can say for someone who is lighter it makes for a great powder ski. I enjoyed mine quite a bit but they’re even better for my friend who weighs like 150 pounds (I’m 180).
    Mainly the dimensions, I’m curious if the charger/smeary characteristics of the BG translate to the skinny goat. Also does the flex get toned down a little bit?

Looking for a wide do-it-all ski for the lady. She loved the weight/dampness of her current K2 remedy setup but never skis switch. My hope would be that the Skinny Goat gives her the dampness but a little more stability when charging while not loosing the smeariness in the trees. Also the 102 is fine but per her she wishes they were 105-106 for just a tad more float.

The easy choice is the Jessie but how does that charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post

Saw this, screaming deal on some shorter Billy goats. If anyone buys them and happens to not want the bindings, I call first dibs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Gotta be a mag got a big ass FKNA sticker on the tail.

Holy steal batman. My kid needs that ski fuck
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

There are some 166cm BGs out there from previous years. My wife has a set.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Mainly the dimensions, I’m curious if the charger/smeary characteristics of the BG translate to the skinny goat. Also does the flex get toned down a little bit?

Looking for a wide do-it-all ski for the lady. She loved the weight/dampness of her current K2 remedy setup but never skis switch. My hope would be that the Skinny Goat gives her the dampness but a little more stability when charging while not loosing the smeariness in the trees. Also the 102 is fine but per her she wishes they were 105-106 for just a tad more float.
    The skinny goat was essentially a 108 Steeple with the regular BG flex. Yes, it still had the same feel as the regular BG... but was a bit less work on firmer snow. The friend I gave them to uses them as his daily driver (I gave them away due to mounting issues with binding changes).

See them in action here, you'll notice they plane above deeper snow pretty well for a ski that's 108 underfoot: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEkf782jhfe/

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post

Saw this, screaming deal on some shorter Billy goats.
    Those would be perfect for my daughter, but local sale only. Anyone in Steamboat want to facilitate a deal? Happy to pay for shipping and something extra for your trouble.

I got a cheap older pair and am thinking of throwing Shifts on them for short tours and in-bound powder days. Will I hate myself for the weight?
    Have you toured on something light? Then yes. If not, shrug. This is what I'm running as my full-time + slackcountry setup. Poach the resort pre-season, or other low-key missions? Sure. Big spring volcano day? Hell no.

These BGs have been up for a month...somebody put in an offer? Mounted +2, no wonder he's getting rid of it

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...740631212.html

He’s just selling them because he didn’t mount on the line

He’s just selling them because he didn’t mount on the line
    Always on the line. Always.

He’s just selling them because he mounted them with Beasts

ftfy

+2 with beasts.... dear god