Page 162 of 599 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 14972

ON3P SKIS Discussion

^absolutely. at one point, wasn’t there a sticky thread on reasoning why not to buy skis?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Of course it's a valid point. It boggles the mind how much money you spend on skis... seemingly never satisfied. They won't bring you happiness. How many sets do you really need?

Keep the RX or Kartel, sell all the rest, make a budget and fuckin stick to it, bro! New gear should be way down the list, behind retirement savings and investments, healthy food, travel, maintenance of vehicles and home systems, gifts to others. Keep yourself accountable.

No, he needs to just have some self control. I have probably said this already, but hark! beetledrink: money can only make you happy if you can control it, which means NOT spending it when you have an opportunity or are tempted. Save your coins, bud, and come ski when you're on track.
    Intervention for gear addiction. new show on TLC.

I am a certified gear whore. I definitely have a problem. Not just with skis either.

I have been searching for that “perfect” ski. but I’m starting to realize it’s not the skis, it’s the skier..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 04-13-2018 at 10:48 AM.

sweet looking range! Everything looks really good graphics and geo-wise. Well done indeed, as always.

Even if it is ballsy to try to try to improve on perveived perfection, now that i have give given it some more thought and can look at the actual numbers, i must admit that tweaking the wren108 to make em even more capable and quicker turn shape wise on piste makes a ton of sense. I am intrigued, even if i am very happy with my current pairs.

Is the sidecut info on the k108 correct though?

Norseman - good advice, even if priorities might vary

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    i must admit that tweaking the wren108 to make em even more capable and quicker turn shape wise on piste makes a ton of sense.
    I totally agree with this, although 0.7m less (on the '19 184) is honestly not going to be noticeable.

hah - the difference was less than i thought. Seemed to recall that the current sidecut was longer. Oh well, a stiffer flex with a bit more sidecut is still gonna be killer just like this year's skis are killer. Killer squared in other words.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

The standard Wren 114 coming with a softer flex and the tour core makes sense. That should make it better in powder than old 191s, but still 2400g/ski to charge soft crud and chunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Of course it's a valid point. It boggles the mind how much money you spend on skis... seemingly never satisfied. They won't bring you happiness. How many sets do you really need?

Keep the RX or Kartel, sell all the rest, make a budget and fuckin stick to it, bro! New gear should be way down the list, behind retirement savings and investments, healthy food, travel, maintenance of vehicles and home systems, gifts to others. Keep yourself accountable.

No, he needs to just have some self control. I have probably said this already, but hark! beetledrink: money can only make you happy if you can control it, which means NOT spending it when you have an opportunity or are tempted. Save your coins, bud, and come ski when you're on track.

excellent advice and thanks for the reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    The standard Wren 114 coming with a softer flex and the tour core makes sense. That should make it better in powder than old 191s, but still 2400g/ski to charge soft crud and chunder.

Just a heads up - we're still updating a lot - so definitely still some errors on the pages (like this). We just got sick of the webside being down, so figured we could just turn it back on quietly on a Friday morning will we continue to work on pages. Alas...

Info is like 90% in, but will be this evening before its totally proofed.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

yeah, i think that custom graphic w114s look like nigh on perfection for me to be honest. It is def number two on the list after a 96-98mm ski, unless my BGs and I suddenly become the best of friends. Right now i do not see a need for C&Ds, especially while i still own a pair of bmt122s. Oh well, any new ski purchases are months away anyway, but still fun to ponder

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    I totally agree with this, although 0.7m less (on the '19 184) is honestly not going to be noticeable.
    One thing to remember here is that with a biradus, it is more than just the final listed radius. We've adjusted the ratio on the biradius slightly so the decrease in the radius isn't uniform between the tip and tail - as such the decrease is more heavily favored in the tail radius. That + stiffer flex definitely enough to be noticed in how the ski holds a turn. That said, as I think most can tell, the changes going into next year are largely tweaks, as we've felt everything is really dialed for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Intervention for gear addiction. new show on TLC.

I am a certified gear whore. I definitely have a problem. Not just with skis either.

I have been searching for that “perfect” ski. but I’m starting to realize it’s not the skis, it’s the skier..

norseman keeps us all grounded from time to time.

I find all my skis seem to work better when I spend more time on them, and spend more time in the gym between ski sessions. A little dab of THC helps as well.

For me, if I just had goats and LP105 for the lifts I'd have 80% of my skiing needs covered. Add a 90mm underfoot ski mounted with tech bindings and that pretty much settles the other 10%. Lastly a set of 70mm groomer skis covers the last 10%. Maybe next year I'll snag a pair of metal layup wren 98s or 108s to try as a replacement for the LP105s. (notice how that's 1 PAIR of new skis? Not 5 pairs?) (Speaking of which, Iggy, did you get my email?)

Personally I hate overlap and I also hate a quiver that is too broad. I don't need a bunch of random skis that I ride 2-3 times a season that make me waste 1/2 a day trying to relearn them. I'd rather be on a ski that is "pretty good" on most conditions that I really get to know.

Is the sidecut info on the k108 correct though?
    Yes. Because Elliptical Sidecut is a bit strange to measure (there is no fixed radius, so essentially you are taking a best fit line), the sidecut between the 2018 & 2019 didn't change in its listed spec. But how the sidecut gets from boot center to the end of the tail taper is different. Just quirks of ski design.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Just a heads up - we're still updating a lot - so definitely still some errors on the pages (like this). We just got sick of the webside being down, so figured we could just turn it back on quietly will we continue to work on pages. Alas...

Info is like 90% in, but will be this evening before its totally proofed.
    I actually really like the idea of a tour core W114, with 6-8-7 flex profile. Seems like that “perfect” ski I talked about searching for above.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I like the idea and use of a one ski quiver with 2 variations.
    Like a heavy Rx for resort, and enduro core Rx for touring??

Yes. Because Elliptical Sidecut is a bit strange to measure (there is no fixed radius, so essentially you are taking a best fit line), the sidecut between the 2018 & 2019 didn't change in its listed spec. But how the sidecut gets from boot center to the end of the tail taper is different. Just quirks of ski design.
    ah, ok - i might just be misreading the info on the site. Second question - are you measuring ee differently for 2019 based on the list copied from you site below)?

Quote Originally Posted by 2019k108
    171cm 133/108/128 20.2m 135.5
    1.92 kg
    176cm 134/108/128 27.8m 136.5 2.10 kg
    181cm 135/108/129 27.8m 136.5
    2.18 kg
    186cm 136/108/130 28.6m 140.5
    2.28 kg
    191cm 137/108/130 29.4m 144.5 2.40 kg
    Quote Originally Posted by 2018k108

171cm 20.2m 135.5cm 1.97 kg
    176cm 134/108/128 20.9m
    140.0cm
    2.10 kg
    181cm 135/108/129 21.5m 144.5cm
    2.20 kg
    186cm 136/108/130 22.2m 149.0cm 2.30 kg
    191cm 137/108/130 22.9m 153.5cm
    2.37 kg
    not trying to be a dick here, just curious

and yes, the spacing below is just formating gone wrong - that is text boxes i need to delete one by one, something i just cannot be bothered to do as that is time i rather spend doing pretty much anything else. I deleted half of them and wanted to throw my mac out the window, so stopped.

Lol all good - yeah those numbers are wrong. Good catch. As I said, we're still tweaking some things. I bet I got interrupted while editing them and just thought I finished.

Lol all good - yeah those numbers are wrong. Good catch. As I said, we're still tweaking some things. I bet I got interrupted while editing them and just thought I finished.
    If auvgeek saw those numbers I bet he'd jizz his pants a little bit.

guess who just managed to drill a nice hole all the way through a w108? In a moment of inspiration the piece stopping the drill bit at the desired insertion point can loose without me noticing straight away, and thus... #wops Oh well.

Now if i only could find my reservoir of ptex sticks so i can still use em tomorrow...

( #mountyourowndamnedskis vs #youliveandyoulearn vs #marvelousresalevalue!)

guess who just managed to drill a nice hole all the way through a w108? In a moment of inspiration the piece stopping the drill bit at the desired insertion point can loose without me noticing straight away, and thus... #wops Oh well.

Now if i only could find my reservoir of ptex sticks so i can still use em tomorrow...

( #mountyourowndamnedskis vs #youliveandyoulearn )
    dude, get a step bit.

( #mountyourowndamnedskis vs #youliveandyoulearn vs #marvelousresalevalue!)

ouch........ that’s just painful.

Why sacrifice a $700 ski to avoid purchasing a $15 bit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wintersteig...sAAOSwSz1asoe8

better still, I just insert the drill so that only the depth is exposed. The chuck is your stop.

thanks for the link - i will get myself one of those. N1CK, solid advice as well, if sadly not feasable on my drill.

Hind sight is always 20/20 Mistakes do happen and a litt plug job is not the end of the world. I am not terribly concerned to be honest. Since i am fairly light i do not think it will cause any issues at all. If anything the little black mark will make me laugh whenever i look at it while i shake my head. It will also make me a bit more cautious in the future.

I shared as i thought people would smile/laugh, not cringe - so sorry for that

Or just tour on the heavy core. Is 2-3 pounds worth another $600 - $850?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Or just tour on the heavy core. Is 2-3 pounds worth another $600 - $850?
    Depends on how much you tour. I tour a lot, so absolutely, yes.