Page 142 of 599 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Take my money.
    No kidding. Shawing!!

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by easternskr View Post
    Metal laminated Wrenegades??
    #crusheverything
    You should have been here yesterday!

Gunmetal vs grizzlycorn Supergoats? I am generally a boring colors kind of guy and would be totally happy with the gunmetal but like the grizlycorn for unexplainable reasons but my wife thinks it is really ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Gunmetal vs grizzlycorn Supergoats? I am generally a boring colors kind of guy and would be totally happy with the gunmetal but like the grizlycorn for unexplainable reasons but my wife thinks it is really ugly.
    The gunmetal looks soooo sick in person. Nice and clean. I agree with your wife.

That’s because it is really ugly, which is the point.

Gunmetal ordered! Will look good with neon yellow sth16s

Nice podcast & coffee this am. Really like the direction and look of graphics next year too. Well done doods!
    Mark me down for metal 96 - hope its available sooner than later. Recruited 3 ski friends into new BGs and this new graphic is sealing the deal.
    That new C&D

Edit: Will Stevens demo have W96? how about in 189cm?
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 03-10-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    At first thought that's how I felt too, but then I remember how well my older Wren 102 skis, and the newer Wren 108 shape is that much better in soft snow. I guess if you feel like you need RES buy a Steeple now? Otherwise, the tour layup in different shapes (and having a bunch available in stock as quick-ship customs) is $$$. Thats how ON3P did it a couple years back. My 191 Billy Goat tours are still my favourite skis of all time.

Can you compare flex and tail rocker between 102 and 108?
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    This so is last year now, but I finally got the 189 asym BG dialed in today. They require more speed than my old 191s. Once that input is there, they absolutely destroy shit. The tune is still too sharp, so tracking weird on sketchy groomers made for sketchy skiing. That was the only circumstance in which I noticed the asym. In soft snow, they just act like a Billy goat. Once I gummy them a bit more so that I can slip my tails out, they will basically be perfect.
    Is the asym stiffer than the 186/191-era BGs?

After about 4 days on them, I've got to say I love my new 184 Wrenegade 108's.

I've previously been using my 186 kartel 116's as my only ski, but I think the Wrens will become my go to ski now. I had a chance to ski the Wrens last week on a day at Alta with about 30" in the last 36 hrs (~10" overnight), and they really preformed great. I knew these skis would be good on hard pack, but I didn't realize how much i would like them for inbounds pow days, they really crush everything and handle chopped up runouts great! The only time I would be hesitant to use them would be if I was planning to ski tight trees exclusively. Happy/sad to say that I think I may be spending a lot more days on the Wrens and a lot less on the Kartels.

Edit to say I was also surprised how easy it was to throw these skis sideways in powder, not as easy as Kartels, but still. That is definitely something I appreciate in a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Can you compare flex and tail rocker between 102 and 108?Is the asym stiffer than the 186/191-era BGs?
    In my experience, yes. For stiffness-
    17/18 steeple < 191 BG < 189 BG
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    How much stability do you give up with an On3p tour layup?
    I have 186 vicik tours from 2014?, and I would say you don't lose much at all. The limiting factor in that setup are my touring boots, but I've ripped some nasty chop at high speeds. I will admit that they don't charge as hard as my 191 caylors, but I also ski those with real boots.

Been skiing my steeple 102s and am constantly impressed how well they ski in the soft. The res kicks in and I can ski the tightest trees without worry. Initially they felt soft and I don’t love them on hard pack or frozen corn but man are they great in blower to pnw cream cheese. Also, as an added not considered benefit, that early rise tip makes breaking trail so much easier. I would 2nd that unless they make a skinny billy this will be a loss and I would pick up a pair if you are thinking about the steeple.

^^same. Sad to see there won’t be reg stock of steeples. Keep looking for a 108 and/or 116. The 102 floats way better than a 102 waist would suggest. Ez to ski in tight spaces or early season with hazards poking thru but stable on edge with the longish radius. Really damp. I have the basic dynafit speed turns on mine and the 102 is the dampest ski I’ve had with a simple dynafit set up. Occasionally take it to the hill for laps in and out of bounds days. Skiing it with a Vulcan and it busts up chop on the hill like a champ. 108 with a shift is one setup I was considering to kill 3 birds with one stone. Res, pintail, 2mm camber, long radius and that rocker profile is a deadly combo. Part of the reason I was considering the 116 over the bg. Why go heavier if I don’t need it. I don’t need asym either. I’m cheap and lax with tuning so I like to have two useable edges

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    new Billy Goats look amazing ...
    Obviously just digital mocks, so they look better in person, but this should give you an idea. Jessie not done yet, Charlie Murphy back unchanged. BG has a lot of texture that looks great in person.

Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Random aside: I still love the Cease and Desist name and story. Hope you guys keep it and don't rename them the Billy Goat 116 and Billy Goat 124 in the future.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Can we custom order a bg topsheet on the c&d?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Random aside: I still love the Cease and Desist name and story. Hope you guys keep it and don't rename them the Billy Goat 116 and Billy Goat 124 in the future.
    Agree with this. The back story is great.

What lengths does the Wren 114 come in?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    I haven't had the courage to listen yet. Hope it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by easternskr View Post
    Metal laminated Wrenegades??
    In testing right now. As I said on the podcast, I honestly think the stock layup is going to be better for most people. It won't surprise me when people are buying it just because it has metal in it, though.

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but a metal wren 96 sounds like a good match for the supergoats I am waiting for. What are the BG changes for next year?
    So, internally I was...accused is the wrong term, but it was pointed out that I like to move pretty quickly year to year on the BG. As such, when people go to reorder, they can be 2-3 variants back pretty easily. It is the most dialed it has ever been, so it comes back unchanged for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    bg is the same ski as 17/18, the new bg is actually the C&D which seems to be a 124mm billy goat for next year!
    Well...still a CD. Tour core, offset tips, and I won't kill that name likely ever. But rocker profile is actually functional now.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Metal wren 88? Go on. I’m listening
    88 gone, though a metal one would be fun. As you can imagine, we didn't sell a ton of them. I'm working to tighten up the line. Anything in the bottom 10 on sales - model or size - is basically gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    You can get the ski of your choice perfectly suited to how you prefer to drive your ski
    This is a big part of it.

though it will be a bit less intuitive for new customers used to the marketing spree screaming "lighter, touring, blablabla - look at our extra costly touring skis" from other brands.
    That works, as those aren't generally the ones we have to begin with, especially when it comes to tour skis.

That being said - what are the dimensions for the w114s?
    142/114/130 - 28.5m in 184cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Is the new C&D/Fatty Goat only going to be available in 191 like this years' C&D?
    Two sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    How much stability do you give up with an On3p tour layup?
    You definitely give up some high end stability. The flex profile is rounder, so it floats at slower speeds, so at speed the ski is just flexing more. The scenario I see issues is in heavy or hard variable snow. It won't punch through as a stock ski will. That said, I think our "tour" flex is still pretty stable if you take a look at the industry as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by roverdoc View Post
    Curious about this as well. Very interested in a tour version of the bg.
    Steeple 116 = Billy Goat Tour.

Seeing as the steeple116 is a BG in tour layup, you should probably be in luck as end of season steeple116s are probably still available at discounted prices
    Sale is starting soon but getting some PMs about discounts. Might post up a code this evening if people want first access to sale pricing. Obviously rather have the skis in the hands of mags.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Nice podcast & coffee this am. Really like the direction and look of graphics next year too. Well done doods!
    Mark me down for metal 96 - hope its available sooner than later. Recruited 3 ski friends into new BGs and this new graphic is sealing the deal.
    That new C&D

Edit: Will Stevens demo have W96? how about in 189cm?
    Stevens will be all 2019, but no metal and Wren 96 I think in only 179/184. Metal is going to be a bit before it is dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by alect47 View Post
    After about 4 days on them, I've got to say I love my new 184 Wrenegade 108's.
    Glad you are enjoying them.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ^^same. Sad to see there won’t be reg stock of steeples. Keep looking for a 108 and/or 116.
    We'll be using the Champagne Room throughout the year to stock small runs of RES variants (108 Tour, 108 Stock, maybe a women's BG), so they will be available if you want them. Just not main line - sales don't justify us keeping the Steeple brand around.

Yeah - that was a real gift from them in the end. Name isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Can we custom order a bg topsheet on the c&d?
    Yes.

What lengths does the Wren 114 come in?
    179, 184, 189.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I haven't had the courage to listen yet. Hope it was good.
    I know I can be rather critical, but I thought you did a good job.

photos

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ^^same. Sad to see there won’t be reg stock of steeples. Keep looking for a 108 and/or 116. The 102 floats way better than a 102 waist would suggest. Ez to ski in tight spaces or early season with hazards poking thru but stable on edge with the longish radius. Really damp. I have the basic dynafit speed turns on mine and the 102 is the dampest ski I’ve had with a simple dynafit set up. Occasionally take it to the hill for laps in and out of bounds days. Skiing it with a Vulcan and it busts up chop on the hill like a champ. 108 with a shift is one setup I was considering to kill 3 birds with one stone. Res, pintail, 2mm camber, long radius and that rocker profile is a deadly combo. Part of the reason I was considering the 116 over the bg. Why go heavier if I don’t need it. I don’t need asym either. I’m cheap and lax with tuning so I like to have two useable edges
    Had the Steeple 102 out for the first time this year the other day at Mt Bachelor. Had a blast playing in the trees off of Cloudchaser. Normally would be on Wren 98, realizing now that the Steeple may be more my type of ski. The flex, RES and loose tail make for a playful directional ski. They were also fine on groomers. In conditions where the Billy Goat would be overkill I think that the 102 or 108 width makes for a versatile ski. Sorry that the Steeple is at the end of the line. Maybe a Billy Goat 108 might make sense at some point?

As I said above, spring sale will start next week, but if anyone wants to snag anything before we start promoting it, these discount codes are good through Tuesday.

TGR.Mag.Wren98
    TGR.Mag.Wren108
    TGR.Mag.Kartel98
    TGR.Mag.Kartel108
    TGR.Mag.BillyGoat
    TGR.Mag.Steeple

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    As I said above, spring sale will start next week, but if anyone wants to snag anything before we start promoting it, these discount codes are good through Tuesday.

TGR.Mag.Wren98
    TGR.Mag.Wren108
    TGR.Mag.Kartel98
    TGR.Mag.Kartel108
    TGR.Mag.BillyGoat
    TGR.Mag.Steeple
    Could you make one more Kartel 108 186 since you sold the last one yesterday? ;-)

Thanks for the codes, I may grab a Wren instead, what is the discount?

I know I can be rather critical, but I thought you did a good job.
    Thanks. I'm mean...it is more of sound-of-my-own-voice-drives-me-from-the-room deal. I'll get around to it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    Maybe a Billy Goat 108 might make sense at some point?
    It's more this than anything else. Similar reason that the Jeronimo/Jeffrey/Caylor became the Kartel Series/Jeffrey Series and now just the Kartel Series. Really aiming to simplify the lines. I mean...and I say this with no emotion....it is hard enough to just get people to understand the Wrenegade vs Kartel line and which is the right fit for them - something of course we need to work on marketing wise - but that decision, generally, could be summed up in two words - recommended mount. So a Steeple line that really is a Billy Goat tour line didn't make too much sense anymore, ya know?

SuperGoat sort of showed us we can do small runs if there is interest. Skinny stock & tour RES skis get made if the interest is there to match. We kept all the tooling. Just not enough sales to justify stocking them in the main line.