Page 128 of 599 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    be able to stop in time at the lift line, or would you then keep going until the highway?
    Who cares? Everyone knows you're supposed to take it switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I'll shift gears back to the OLD skis from this season ... my 184 asym Billy Goats are full on amazing. I skied leftovers from a pow weekend; pow, crust, chop,
    wind lips, dumm schnell corduroy in between, trees, etc. So dialed everywhere.
    It's probably in here somewhere, but how tall/heavy are you? Did you consider the 189, and if so what made you go with the 184?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I mean....Aervegreene is going to sell his future pair a lot sooner than that. See above
    I only sell On3p skis to buy more On3p skis.

191 Wrens will be replaced with next years wrens of an unknown width.

I’d like to keep my C&D’s, and use them at that, but I am in Tahoe now (for good) and it doesnt look like that will happen this year..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ Perfect, sell them and then March will go off!

Lol. I'm too cheap. You guys almost had me on the SuperGoat but maybe the FattyGoat will shove me over the edge?

I like the sidecut, shape, rocker profile, etc of the BG way more than the Asym C&Ds I demo'd a couple years at Stevens. Never felt like I could put them on edge and ski them, just felt like I was skidding/bulldozing everywhere. A nearly 40m radius is too much for resort pow (imho). While I can't say I've ever felt undergunned by the 191 BG, more float would nice occasionally for those stupid deep days...
    Seems like you're doing it right then. To paraphrase something Scott said (I can't remember if it was here or Blister podcast), the C&D is a specialized tool outside the scope of most resort quivers. I was left with the impression that it's the ski you'd take on a BC cat trip with a 3D forecast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    No complaints from me! Though would love to see Tahoe (and the rest of the west) get some snow asap.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I’d like to keep my C&D’s, and use them at that, but I am in Tahoe now (for good) and it doesnt look like that will happen this year..

What? No BBI MT??? Bummer, I was hoping to meet you and ski some runs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Seems like you're doing it right then. To paraphrase something Scott said (I can't remember if it was here or Blister podcast), the C&D is a specialized tool outside the scope of most resort quivers. I was left with the impression that it's the ski you'd take on a BC cat trip with a 3D forecast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    But to me ON3P layups are about resort skiing. If I wanted a pure cat/heli ski, i'd look elsewhere for a lighter layup - since I wouldn't be worrying about chop/crud, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    It's probably in here somewhere, but how tall/heavy are you? Did you consider the 189, and if so what made you go with the 184?
    5'11 and pushing near 200# this winter.
    I did ski both and the 184 doesn't lack in anything 'for me ' in terms of float, speed limit, etc in soft snow. I believe I could manage either but opted for the shorter; its very stable, in no way twitchy and seemed more versatile for me.

But to me ON3P layups are about resort skiing. If I wanted a pure cat/heli ski, i'd look elsewhere for a lighter layup - since I wouldn't be worrying about chop/crud, etc.
    No way, dood... pure cat/heli? You'd take your big heavy resort pow shit that skis the best because you'd want to nuke around and wouldn't need to carry your shit uphill. Lightweight, why? If touring, sure.

And yeah, Aeverbeetle.... WTF? I thought you were all Big Sky ra ra ra... and the season there is great! Why back to dry ass Tahoe? Parents reel you back? Spent all your money?

You not going to BBI Bozeman?

Literally the first thought that came into my mind after my first run on C&D's is how perfect they'd be for heli skiing in Alaska. Sadly that's not in my short term plans.

Aevergreene bails on BBI after talking a big game???Wtf

The big, red ones...duh.

Daaaaaamn!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Does this mean there’s a 104???
    ...that are blue w green sidewalls and stiffy layup =)
    Uno mas

Those look fast.

I just got so excited

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	860.6 KB 
ID:	223441

First day on my K108’s

They are filling my east coast jib/tree ski needs. Super quick and intuitive in tight spots. They feel very natural in the air and predictable landing feelz. I did hit a speed limit in the chop and experienced a few tip hooks, at which point I had to remind myself to slow it down and pop off the piles instead of arcing through them. Overall I’m happy and will round out the quiver with a pair of Billygoats next year.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    And yeah, Aeverbeetle.... WTF? I thought you were all Big Sky ra ra ra... and the season there is great! Why back to dry ass Tahoe? Parents reel you back? Spent all your money?
    The skiing was phenomenal there, and I am really bummed I had to leave. But I had to.

I left my huge mastiff puppy with my parents for the winter, with their permission, thinking they could handle him. They thought they could too.. Wrong. He had a good obedience foundation when I left him (sit, stay, down, come) but in the past 4 months I guess he started maturing into huge nuisance for my parents..

He started pulling on leash, humping and jumping, which was too much for my aging parents. He is 180lbs and pretty hyper as a puppy. He is my responsibility and I shouldnt have left him honestly. I got ahead of myself going to Big Sky without him.

I have been with him for 2 weeks, and he already has made a complete turn around. I have been training him everyday, socializing him with dozens of people and other dogs, and he is acting like a respectable dog again. He doesn’t act up around me though, never has. I kind if think my parents were overhyping his issues, and didn’t want to take care of him anymore, and I dont blame them.. Both their dogs died last year, and they want to travel.

I was also pretty much broke.. I can make twice the money in Tahoe, which made me feel a little better about leaving. I plan on going back once I can actually take care of all my responsibilities while there..

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    A 104-108mm Wren makes more sense for me. As much as I want those 114 Wrens, the Supergoats are all I’ll ever need for powder charging.

I can’t wait to see next years lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    5'11 and pushing near 200# this winter.
    I did ski both and the 184 doesn't lack in anything 'for me ' in terms of float, speed limit, etc in soft snow. I believe I could manage either but opted for the shorter; its very stable, in no way twitchy and seemed more versatile for me.
    Awesome! That's the way I'm leaning if I can't get on both first. I spend quite a bit of time in tight trees and I think they match what I actually ski most of the time vs what I wish I skied all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	860.6 KB 
ID:	223441

First day on my K108’s

They are filling my east coast jib/tree ski needs. Super quick and intuitive in tight spots. They feel very natural in the air and predictable landing feelz. I did hit a speed limit in the chop and experienced a few tip hooks, at which point I had to remind myself to slow it down and pop off the piles instead of arcing through them. Overall I’m happy and will round out the quiver with a pair of Billygoats next year.

Any comparisons to skis that you don't think you'd have to dial back in those same conditions? I'm really thinking K108 and BGs will round out my quiver too.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post

First day on my K108’s

I had the same experience the first time I skied my stiff k108s but after learning how to rally them it has not been an issue at all. Give them a few more days and lets us know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by division.bell View Post
    Those might be the best top sheets ON3P has ever done. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Those might be the best top sheets ON3P has ever done. Sweet.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Nope. But I like your thought process
    You should have been here yesterday!