Page 115 of 594 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 14839
    Not much to say. These look dope. 189 asym BG. I’ll get a comparison review out soon: 188 Quixote vs 191 BG vs 189 BG and I won’t charge deep dive fees for it.

wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I really need to cycle through the Wren 98 & Kartel 98 one more time. One of them is going to be my low tide ski.

... Thom
    It seems like a decision between a ski you need/like to drive and a ski that's a bit more centered and pivoty. If it were my money and I'm getting a low tide ski, it'd be the Wren. But that's my skiing style.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Not much to say. These look dope. 189 asym BG. I’ll get a comparison review out soon: 188 Quixote vs 191 BG vs 189 BG and I won’t charge deep dive fees for it.

Those topsheets !!!

I'm also noticing a lovely trend here; lots of solly binders.

In other news, me prepping my BGs for a two week Jackson, Big Sky and Bridger swing. Who knows, I might actually get to ski them... finally.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UxkToLwiTNK%ozKZaoRSPg.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	221091

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    None more orange.
    Mango Edition is one of my fav combos.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Thos are so fucking sexy.

Holyshit SC beautiful looking skis... Congrats and well done...!

Dude... 191 BillyGoats are killer. Magic skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Dude... 191 BillyGoats are killer. Magic skis.
    Welcome to the club!

Drooling over all your ON3P skis in here! I've been wanting to get on some of these forever it seems. I'd really like to compare the 98/108 Wrens and Kartels plus the BG and 116 Kartel.

I'd like to get to a 2 ski quiver for the PNW between all those. A 98/108 plus a powder ski. Directional skier these days, but my style falls somewhere between chargy and playful depending on the conditions and my mood. I do have some dial it back days with the wife. Currently skiing a quiver of 183 Salomon QLab (14/15) and Moment Bibby Pro (13/14). I may replace these or just add to the quiver, so the skis I choose may depend on that. No real issues with my current lineup other than I'd just like to mix it up. I have pretty limited experience with other skis made in the last decade other than some of the 2nd gen Cochise (which are dead). The shorter radius and turnier nature (for the slow days with wife) and great deal of the QLab led to those being the emergency Cochise replacement. My gut says a 108 Wren/Kartel + Billy Goat is where I'd land. W98, K108, BG might be my ideal quiver though. On paper anyways...need to get them on the snow!

TLDR: I want to ski some ON3Ps and thanks for the stoke!

^ I’d go with the Kartel 108 and Billygoat for what you want. Kartel is playful, can charge if asked, and has a 23ish radius depending. Then Billygoats for the storm days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    ^ I’d go with the Kartel 108 and Billygoat for what you want. Kartel is playful, can charge if asked, and has a 23ish radius depending. Then Billygoats for the storm days.

Kind of what my gut says. I don't get up nearly as much as I'd like, and most of my non-storm days are the leisure days and the Kartel would probably fit that role well. But the Wrens have always called me and the newer ones certainly seem to have a more "fun" shape and rocker profile than in years past. Still not sure how well they'd slow down though. I didn't do it on purpose, but both of my current skis are more center mounted than traditional so it will be interesting to see how I feel back on a Wren-like ski. I can still drive both my current skis - just the mount is more forward.

Between the Billy Goat and Kartel 116, how do they compare to the Bibby? It's kind of that "playful powder charger" and suits my style pretty well. Can be run hard and handle late day chop but is quick and slashy too. By playful I don't really mean butters and switch riding, but slashing and airing off anything I can find, lots of tight steep trees down the fall line, but as much speed as I can find too. The Kartel 116 certainly looks closer to the Bibby with turned up tails and a more center mount. More or less stout than the Bibby?

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Between the Billy Goat and Kartel 116, how do they compare to the Bibby? It's kind of that "playful powder charger" and suits my style pretty well. Can be run hard and handle late day chop but is quick and slashy too. By playful I don't really mean butters and switch riding, but slashing and airing off anything I can find, lots of tight steep trees down the fall line, but as much speed as I can find too. The Kartel 116 certainly looks closer to the Bibby with turned up tails and a more center mount. More or less stout than the Bibby?
    I haven't ridden the Bibby a ton, but I like the BG way more for everything you've described. Only place Bibby wins is the terrain you'd want to take the K108 out instead. No experience on the K116 so I can't comment.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I haven't ridden the Bibby a ton, but I like the BG way more for everything you've described. Only place Bibby wins is the terrain you'd want to take the K108 out instead. No experience on the K116 so I can't comment.
    Man everyone seems to just love the BG! Did you ride the first versions of the Bibby Pro vs the more jibby model that came out later on? I can totally see what you're saying based on the shape of both. When I got the Bibby I basically had it in mind for a one ski quiver, and it's not bad in that role considering it's a powder ski - very versatile. So yeah, I can see where it's a compromise between the K108 and the BG. I just need to get on some skis. No demos in the Seattle area last I looked at their tour schedule.

My season is going to get cut short for shoulder surgery, but the plan is to treat myself to some new sticks for next year after recovery.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

IMO, BG’s work better than Bibbys for tight trees, and also for slashing around and jumping off everything. The BG shape is better for staying on top of powder and crud, and cutting through it instead of getting hung up. Bibbys float well, but not as well as BGs.

I think that the standard BG core layup is also more “poppy” than the bibbys more “dead” feeling core. However, the BG also absorbs more chatter, and gets bucked around less in chunder, with it’s bamboo core.

The only time I’d consider a bibby over BG, would be if I didnt have another ski for low tide. The Bibby works pretty darn well on hardpack for its waist width, but it’s not going to sing and dance for you like a thinner ski will.

I skied 2012 and 2013 191 Bibby Pros, as well as the 196 Bibby Specials. Not the 2014/2015, or whatever year(s) the jibby model was.

Did you ride the first versions of the Bibby Pro vs the more jibby model that came out later on? I can totally see what you're saying based on the shape of both. When I got the Bibby I basically had it in mind for a one ski quiver, and it's not bad in that role considering it's a powder ski - very versatile.
    I borrowed a friend's OG BIbby for half a day.

Bibby is better on hardpack, and also has more centered mount, which can make it feel quicker in trees where you have to physically swing the tip around. BG shape kills chopped/tracked pow, untracked pow, and everything else.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-12-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added quote for context
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Guess both will work fine for you.....read the Blister-review on the Kartel. But if you keep the Bibby anyhow you should get the BG.

Any yeah, the BG shape is great :-)

Good stuff guys. I got the Bibby used and had some light delam issues. Long story short they seem to have held up well to my repair, so I could see keeping them around for sure. So a BG then just decide on the Kartel/Wrenegade in a 98 or 108. A K108 and BG is sounding pretty sweet. My QLab is Wren-ish in design if I keep it around. I don't have enough time on them to really have a feel for them yet.

All I know is I have an unjustifiable crush on ON3P considering I've never actually skied any.

All I know is I have a justifiable crush on ON3P considering I need a pair yesterday .
    FIFY
    You should have been here yesterday!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Just mounted my Wren 98’s. I was very pleasantly surprised with the Kartel 108’s textured topsheet.

Now I need to find another pair of white P18’s.

So a BG then just decide on the Kartel/Wrenegade in a 98 or 108. A K108 and BG is sounding pretty sweet. My QLab is Wren-ish in design if I keep it around. I don't have enough time on them to really have a feel for them yet.

All I know is I have an unjustifiable crush on ON3P considering I've never actually skied any.
    Since you're in the PNW, you can probably convince a mag to let you take a lap for beer or bacon. Failing that, I would suggest buying the BG and seeing if you like the feel before jumping in cold turkey.

The Kartel will be more like your Bibby, while the Wren has a more traditional mount point. Wren charges maybe 15% harder, but the difference isn't as much as it used to be. Kartel is obviously better for spins and butters, but also if you just prefer a progressive mount. I'd personally own a K108 and BG as a two-ski PNW quiver.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-12-2018 at 12:02 PM.

photos

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    FIFY
    That's probably more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Since you're in the PNW, you can probably convince a mag to let you take a lap for beer or bacon. Failing that, I would suggest buying the BG and seeing if you like the feel before jumping in cold turkey.

The K108 will be more like your Bibby, while the W98 has a much more traditional mount point. I would personally own a K108 and BG as a two-ski PNW quiver.
    I need to see if any of the mountains have them in their demo fleet. Otherwise I'll just make the plunge with the BG and go from there. I'll just be looking to add one pair for next year. Based on mount points and actual lengths, the 186 K108 is about 4.5 cm longer than my 184 Bibby and like 0.75cm of that is added out front so they're still a bit longer. The Bibbys always feel/look a bit short in front.
    Last edited by mtskibum16; 01-22-2018 at 04:27 PM.

meh. The wren 108 handles the firmer days, but also is no slouch when it's soft. Also a great travel ski. Unless you're ripping around the mountain spinning off of everything, I think the BG handles the soft days and the wren everything else. If playful means you just want to boost off stuff, then the wren does that well. I could probably be convinced otherwise if I actually got on a pair of K108s in the type of crust I've been skiing as of late.

If guys are using the BG mainly for powder days and have a 2nd ski for low tide days why not use the c&d as a big day ski and a wren 108 for everything else. I have Bibbys and Quixotes. Always been a bibby fan because of its versatility, although the Quixote seems to be replacing it for me. If the BG isn’t great on hard snow like the bibby or Quixote why not get the bigger ski? Trying to decide between the BG and whatever new C&D type ski they are releasing next. Will likely be paired with wren 98 or 108.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    If guys are using the BG mainly for powder days and have a 2nd ski for low tide days why not use the c&d as a big day ski and a wren 108 for everything else. I have Bibbys and Quixotes. Always been a bibby fan because of its versatility, although the Quixote seems to be replacing it for me. If the BG isn’t great on hard snow like the bibby or Quixote why not get the bigger ski? Trying to decide between the BG and whatever new C&D type ski they are releasing next. Will likely be paired with wren 98 or 108.
    Only speaking for myself, but I ski a BG instead of a CD because it has most of the pure pow performance but once things are getting a bit tracked out, the BG is way better.

^ Yup.

^^x3

Haven't skied the new C&D, but the massive shovel rocker seems like it's a bit one-dimensional, though I am curious about a stiffer version in a slightly heavier layup. The current C&D (tour layup) weighs less than the BG.

photos