Page 107 of 599 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 14972
    Hudge shout-out to ON3P for giving me for their great customer service! Ordered a set of 108 Wrens with custom top sheets. Thanks, d00ds!
    Last edited by Viva; 12-11-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Beautiful!

Long time reader, first time posting, ON3P customer for life! So glad Uglymoney introduced me to your company.

Thank you for posting your pics so we can live vicariously through you while we wait for our orders! I own some BG's and then bought some Charlie Murphys for my son last year. I ordered some Wren 88s with wood veneer to carve on our Midwest conditions. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Yet again, ON3P far exceeded my high expectations by talking to me on the phone about what size would be best for my size, ability, and intended use.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Fedex Santa came today. Hand fucking reveals a very nice STFF flex. Very stoked!

Attachment 218343

Attachment 218344

Quote Originally Posted by Stove View Post
    Long time reader, first time posting, ON3P customer for life! So glad Uglymoney introduced me to your company.

Thank you for posting your pics so we can live vicariously through you while we wait for our orders! I own some BG's and then bought some Charlie Murphys for my son last year. I ordered some Wren 88s with wood veneer to carve on our Midwest conditions. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Yet again, ON3P far exceeded my high expectations by talking to me on the phone about what size would be best for my size, ability, and intended use.
    Welcome to the fold. Fam that skis ON3P together is happy together? I like it.
    You should have been here yesterday!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

New guns ready

Really digging the reduced tail rocker on the Kartel series.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Stove View Post

Welcome Jong!

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Really digging the reduced tail rocker on the Kartel series.
    Looks like my kinda Kartel.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Looks like my kinda Kartel.
    Kartenegade

Sounds like a european gatorade knockoff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    New guns ready

Man, had I known that, I would've opted for those over the Wren 108s I bought. I always shied away from the Kartel due to the center-ish mount and the rather turned up tail. A low rise tail is just what I want in a ski of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Man, had I known that, I would've opted for those over the Wren 108s I bought. I always shied away from the Kartel due to the center-ish mount and the rather turned up tail. A low rise tail is just what I want in a ski of that size.
    Those are Wrens. Just with a Kartel topsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Those are Wrens. Just with a Kartel topsheet.
    My ON3P credibility has been seriously questioned. I am all of the DERPs today...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    My ON3P credibility has been seriously questioned. I am all of the DERPs today...
    Yeah that one has to sting a bit Bobcat...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

I still maintain that the ultimate ski that ON3P could build would be a reproduction of the Salomon Rocker 108. Or, more specifically, a Kartel 108 with low rise tips and tails. I still want a R2 108 with the ON3P stiffness and bomber materials.

I don't know. I still maintain that the ultimate ski ON3P could build is the Wren 108. ;-)

But seriously, I do hear what you're saying about the Kartel with a more mellow rocker profile and a bit more edge contact (same thing).

I like the same skis you boys do, but you are missing the point of the Kartel... I own the 116 and it is about as fun of a skis I have been on... Slashy, poppy, floaty, still gets after it and fills a diff niche than the Wren and Billy...

And Bob your Wren 108 is exactly what you are asking for from a R2 108...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    but you are missing the point of the Kartel... Slashy, poppy, floaty, still gets after it and fills a diff niche than the Wren and Billy...

What Undertow said. That’s what we make it for

Jibby ski with a slightly more mellow rocker than the Jeffrey and early Kartels (re: lower tail) that has a backbone many “all-mountain” freestyle skis don’t.

Wren 108, Billygoat Tour, and Kartel 116 is my current, three ski quiver.

Dream everyday ski: blend of Kartel and Wren. 186-189 long, 110 underfoot, 27-28 m radius, -5 mount, minimal taper, consistent flex, Kartel rocker would be fine. I think it's kind of a gap in your lineup, but maybe I'm the only one who likes progressive mounts and twins on skis that still charge.

Edit: dream ski, since ON3P already built my dream pow ski aka the BG.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 12-14-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Dream ski: blend of Kartel and Wren.
    One is jibby and playful, the other is a directional charger. If you blend those together you get... the Billy Goat?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    One is jibby and playful, the other is a directional charger. If you blend those together you get... the Billy Goat?
    Nah, I own a stiff BG. Awesome in soft snow, but that's not what I'm describing. I also own a stiff Jeffrey 110 as my daily driver. When they die, I want another pair, with a more consistent flex, longer radius, and less tail rocker.

I realize everyone has their own idea of perfect and ON3P can't cater to everyone, but all this talk got me excited. Been wanting ON3P to make this ski -- a charger with a twin for landing switch and a progressive mount for even swing weight -- for a while now. Which is why I originally had them build me a Jeffrey 110 that was substantially stiffer in the tip and tail. The current Kartel 108 has less tail rocker, which is nice, but it also has the elliptical sidecut (sometimes funky on hard snow, as discussed in past few pages), too much and too abrupt taper (though that's kind of nitpicky), and a smaller turn radius.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 12-14-2017 at 11:53 PM.

photos

I just got back from skiing the Steeple 108s down a couple thousand vertical feet of week old groomed that would have been corn if I was two hours earlier. By the time I transitioned to the down it was re-frozen, fast and loud. The Steeples were completely predictable, reasonably damp and provided enough edge grip to control speed no problem. Given their performance in last weekend's pow, I am close to being confident enough in their abilities to call these a pretty awesome all around ski that just happens to tour really well. More days in more conditions are required before I arrive at definite conclusions, but these have been really good so far. Tectons continue to impress as well.

Holy F me I think I just shit myself... So so stoked and what a ski... I am def glad I changed topsheet and went with stock Billygoat and same goes for the flex...

Well done boys and thanks for shipping my swag with them... And holy shit is my youngest step son all over me for some Charlie Murphy's...

I like the same skis you boys do, but you are missing the point of the Kartel... I own the 116 and it is about as fun of a skis I have been on... Slashy, poppy, floaty, still gets after it and fills a diff niche than the Wren and Billy...

And Bob your Wren 108 is exactly what you are asking for from a R2 108...
    I have the Moment Bibby for that fat powder ski with a fun shape. (And the BillyGoat, you know, so you I could properly jinx our winter this year :fimicon

The 110-ish waisted ski I'm thinking of is for those days of only a few inches of new snow, when the conditions are soft and you just need something a bit easier to ski. The R2 108 was just about the perfect ski for ripping laps on NWX and Outback during storm cycles or nightly refreshes at Bachelor. It just worked it wasn't all jibby with massively turned up tips and tails.

And sure, the W108 might be that ski, but I have yet to get more than one run on it. Not enough snow to properly test it.

Holy F me I think I just shit myself... So so stoked and what a ski... I am def glad I changed topsheet and went with stock Billygoat and same goes for the flex...

Well done boys and thanks for shipping my swag with them... And holy shit is my youngest step son all over me for some Charlie Murphy's...

That's a nice set up right there. I'm stoked to try to new BG's tomorrow at Loveland. Assuming I'll be ordering them soon as I get home.