Page 104 of 599 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Speaking of, the wife and I are thinking of using our Mountain Collective Pass the week between Christmas and New Years at Squawlpine. Let's shred.
    I do have my three free Squawlpine days so I will very likely use one that week to mix it up. Also, with blackouts those places can be amazing and empty over holiday weeks. One of my best powder days ever went that way.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Personally I think they ski great on the line (and I’m almost always more of a Wren type skier). If you are going to go back and prefer that style mount I would go -1cm from the line tops for your size.

Let me know if you have any other questions
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    FWIW I liked the older Jeffreys about 2cm behind the line quite a bit better than the recommended point. The Kartel's I only skied on the line for a couple runs, but I would have considered mounting them back 1-2cm if I purchased as well. I am very definitely a Wren style skier though and strongly dislike centered mount points, so I'm probably a bit of anomaly. Powtron's recommendation of 0-1cm is probably good.

I do feel like the skis with elliptical sidecut are more tolerant of moving the mount point since the sidecut is pretty straight underfoot. Anything bi-radius should stay within 1cm of recommended and anything RES should always go on the line.
    Thanks for the input fellas. I'm comfortable on both progressive and more traditionally mounted skis so I'm going to put them on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Thanks for the input fellas. I'm comfortable on both progressive and more traditionally mounted skis so I'm going to put them on the line.
    Just to throw Chaos into the mix, Mine are at -2 and I love em there.

Did you start on the line and move back because you didn't like it or did you just go -2 right off the bat?

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Did you start on the line and move back because you didn't like it or did you just go -2 right off the bat?
    I went minus 2 at the recommendation of ON3P at a demo event, liked it, and saw no reason to change.

On a pair of 186 K106s, I went -2 after experimenting at 0 and -1. I'm 6'2" 220-230, and I think I would have end up -1 on 191s.

What is this not mounting on the line business!? Shenanigans, I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

I do feel like the skis with elliptical sidecut are more tolerant of moving the mount point since the sidecut is pretty straight underfoot. Anything bi-radius should stay within 1cm of recommended and anything RES should always go on the line.

Seems like a solid summary.

In hindsight I really wish I had tried remounting my Jeffrey’s a bit behind the line since I am not a center mount skier. But Wrens and any RES ski needs to be on the line without a doubt.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Iggy or Powtron any info if the demo is happening at LL on 12/16?
    Thanks!

Directional skier. Love the K108 on the line.
    Training for Alpental

I had an old set of wrens at +3 out of necessity. They skied great in my opinion. You guys are over thinking this

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Iggy or Powtron any info if the demo is happening at LL on 12/16?
    Thanks!
    Yep, just added it to the calendar. We will be there.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Directional skier. Love the K108 on the line.
    2nd - Wren(s) owner as well as Billygoat owner (193 Supergoats on the way)and thanks to Powtrons input and guidance I mounted my 191 116 Kartels on the line and F'ing love them...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    In hindsight I really wish I had tried remounting my Jeffrey’s a bit behind the line since I am not a center mount skier. But Wrens and any RES ski needs to be on the line without a doubt.
    Same here, I wish I tried my Jeffrey 114s -1.5cm behind the line, before I got rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've never understood the mindset that a ski that isn't doing it for you is going to metamorphosize when your change your boot center by 1.5 cm? it really shows a lack of ski sophistication on my part

SG stoke

You should have been here yesterday!

thois look sweet. Any chance you've seen a pair of 189 wren 108s with K116 topsheets roll through production?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I've never understood the mindset that a ski that isn't doing it for you is going to metamorphosize when your change your boot center by 1.5 cm? it really shows a lack of ski sophistication on my part
    I don't think anyone is saying that. I really, really liked the Jeffrey's but in some cases felt like I was forced to lean back more than I wanted... especially since they were 181... so just that slight adjustment could have made a big difference. I liked them enough that I bought some BG's and then my ON3P addiction was solidified from there.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

It’s more when a ski is close for someone, but not quite there.. like the jeffrey 114s were for me.

I find that sometimes it can make or brake a ski for me. I didn’t like katanas at +2cm, but on the line I love them. I want to go -1cm on my skinny Quixotes, I think that will make a difference.

Sometimes on a center-ish mounted ski, going back -1.5 or 2cm can get rid of that “tail sensation”, and give you just a little more tip to allow for a bit more shin pressure and leaning-into. Just as long as they aren’t noodles, in which going back too far translates to tails washing out.

It's not going to change a ski I hate into a ski I love, but I can absolutely feel a 1cm change in mount point and it can absolutely affect my experience on a ski.

Some people just aren't sensitive to mount point though, nothing wrong with that. Personally I can't feel ramp angle in bindings at all, and some people on here report massive differences when they change their ramp angles by a few mm. Like all things, YMMV.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Sensitivity, shmensativity..

The problem is our lack of sophistication

ON3P SKIS Discussion

On the contrary, your ability to sense differences in the mount point shows your astute awareness of the ski you're on.

I definitely notice flex, running length and sidecut so not a complete heathen

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I’m very sensitive.

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 12-01-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    SG stoke

More. MORE!