Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    If the 1.0 has been fine for you, then I'd get the Raider. The Radical 2.0 has less pre-release potential, but if you haven't had issues with 1.0, I'm not sure its worth going to the 2.0. Honestly, the MTN Explore 95 is going to be pretty subpar at the resort. I'd go with something heavier if you want a 1 ski quiver. What are you used to skiing on?

Now I have Dynafit Seven summits with Radical ST.
    I really like new Raider 12 2.0. Why do you think that FT 2.0 is better than Raider, except rotating toe? Is FT 2.0 stiffer, stronger than Radical 2.0? What is the main advantage of Radical over Raider?

Huh? I was suggesting to get the Raider. I don't think the Radical 2.0 has any real benefit over it except for the rotational toe (but you don't have issues with pre-release, so probably no benefit at all).

The Radical 2.0 does have better brakes though, so I guess thats a benefit?

Lindahl, how sure are you that radical 2.0 prevents pre releases?

I'm skiing the ion and it's solid but in a no fall zone I still lock it

The logic I have heard is that eliminating the heel gap and having a pivot at the toe leads to much more consistent release values. I have seen folks lock their toes in relatively benign terrain because they did not want a pre-release. Locking in no fall terrain is still on the individual to weigh the risks.

Lightweight tech binding for aggressive skiing: FT 2.0 v. Kingpin v. Ion v. Vipec

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Lindahl, how sure are you that radical 2.0 prevents pre releases?

I'm skiing the ion and it's solid but in a no fall zone I still lock it
    It doesn't prevent pre-release. It reduces the potential for it to occur in certain circumstances. Thats why the rotational toe was added - straight from Dynafit - they don't like the word pre-release though.

This mostly occurs when skiing fast in the backseat in firm bumpy terrain: When there's significant lateral pressure on the heel, the heel rotates. The toe pins are designed for maximum penetration when the boot is perpendicular to the pins. The rotational toe allows the toe pins to stay perpendicular to the boot when the boot and heel is partially rotated. This allows for maximum toe pin penetration at all times until the heel reaches the point in which it was designed to release.

Either way, if you care about safety, the Vipec is a MUCH better binding. Actually, its a better binding all around (downhill and uphill), in my opinion, but people are biased against it due to complexity in mounting and issues the earlier versions had. I'm finishing up the review of it on Blister this weekend (had some delays). That said, I prefer a much lighter binding in some situations (and the Vipec and Kingpin in others) - hence my Raider suggestion.