Low Tech Race Toe coming unlocked

Seems like I'm having issues with the new low tech manual lock toes. The toe lever doesn't want to seem to engage to click and lock on one pair until the last detent. Another pair I have to pull up and click it 3 times in order for the lever to stay locked while touring. Anyone else having issues with the low tech race toes that come with the low tech race and the speed superlite?

On my ski trabs, i have to shim the plate that rests against the ski to provide more height and thus friction. My low techs are auto, and quite new, so cant comment directly on that.

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    On my ski trabs, i have to shim the plate that rests against the ski to provide more height and thus friction. My low techs are auto, and quite new, so cant comment directly on that.
    Ok, this is what I was thinking, thanks for confirming. Appears my fishcer(mfg's by dynafit) low tech races came with some small shims. Maybe I can contact dynafit to provide similar shims for my other two pairs. Or go the pbr can shim route.

I also have to shim my Plum race toes, haven't had issues with trab's. I haven't had issues with toes where the plate is part of the toe base(ATK) as I believe the Dynafit toes are. I just used some thin sheet metal, worked fine