BD carabiner and sling recall

RECALL NOTICE FOR BLACK DIAMOND CARABINERS & NYLON RUNNERS
    Dear Customer,

You are receiving this email because our records indicate you may have purchased equipment included in a voluntary safety recall issued by Black Diamond on February 4, 2016, involving certain carabiners and nylon runners. Please follow the links below for detailed information on which products are involved and the inspection procedure required to determine if your products are included in the recall.

Carabiners & Quickdraws:
    http://warranty.bdel.com/CarabinerRecall/Landing

Nylon Runners
    http://warranty.bdel.com/RunnerRecall/Landing

For further questions, please contact Black Diamond directly:

Email: carabinerrecall@bdel.com
    Phone: 800-775-5552

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

bummer, glad there's no accidents. All I've heard on BD this past year is a flailing clothing line and this big recall. Sucks to see a good company go through a rough patch. Have several of those runners, they're my go-to. Thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    bummer, glad there's no accidents. All I've heard on BD this past year is a flailing clothing line and this big recall. Sucks to see a good company go through a rough patch. Have several of those runners, they're my go-to. Thanks for posting
    Maybe it's not selling well as a whole (I've got not idea how it's doing in the ski market), but I'm definitely seeing more and more people wearing their apparel when I'm out climbing these days. I've got a number of their softshell pieces and it is all top quality stuff.

^^^ Seems to me they just expanded the line a bit too quickly. All the reviews I've read have been excellent and I'm interested in it myself. I suspect they may pare it back a little bit, but keep it going generally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I've got a lot of their clothes* and I love all of them. High quality, athletic fit, comfortable and fashionable enough. I hope they keep it up.

* I have:
    - BD Dawn Patrol Hybrid shell 1st gen
    - BD Access Hybrid hooded jacket 1st gen
    - BD Coefficient grid fleece hooded 1st gen
    - BD merino wool zip-up hoodie (can't recall the name) 1st gen, easily the best hoodie I've ever owned, wearing it right now
    - BD climbing pants, 2 different types, a heavier and a lighter weight. Both fit well, breathe, 1 is rougher for hiking/dirt the other lighter for desert and more ROM
    - BD Crag (?) polartec windstopper fleece lined jacket, sharp looking and great 3 season thing if you aren't sweating into it.

Probably more I just forget. Their stuff is so cheap in SLC in the basement of their retail store or the outlet, plus SAC/etc that I just ended up with a ton of it. Plus I like the brand ever since I got my first (and still daily driver) pair of Mercury Mitts.

Add camalots (C4 and ultralights) 2015 and newer to the list.

https://warranty.bdel.com/CamalotRecall/Landing

Good on BD for recalling before anyone gets hurt, but it sure seems like they need some better quality control.

I was just climbing and skiing guy who does a lot if work with BD and he was saying they are stung ling a lot. Hope they over come up, but many factors are against them, being corporate owned being their biggest problem.

It seems like BD is recalling everything these days, including their new ultra-light cams.