How to take apart Plum heel piece?

I need to replace one of the heel pin in my Plum Guide heel piece. The tip of one pin sheared in half. I am not to pissed off as the failure was not catastrophic (I could still ski them) and the replacement parts are pretty cheep.

Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to do this? Lou has posted about taking apart and putting back together Dyna heel pieces but I didn't see the same thing for Plums. He did deconstruct a Plum but I don't remember him going into detail about how to do it. I guess I could call skimo.com and see what they have to say; I got the replacement pins from them.

I'd have a hard time believing that it's not the exact same process as doing the same to a Dynafit. That said I've never held a Plum so all bets are off. Interested t hear the result.

Tony, they are not quite the same but the same general rules apply. Back off the vertical release tension to zero, then about 1 more turn counter clockwise, then unscrew the four top screws (type of driver varies by vintage). Unlike Dynafit, the top assembly with plastic cage and heel pins comes off with the top plate, but you'll figure it out. Replace pin, replace top plate assembly, don't torque the screws too tight (I think it's 4NM).

Thanks Greg.

I`d like to add to Greg's comment that in order to take apart the top assembly you need to remove the vertical release tension screw completely. That's how you can replace teh pins easily. Before mounting the top plate back on, pretension the screw a little bit and then insert the top plate screws.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    don't torque the screws too tight (I think it's 4NM).
    This is the key. Might also be good to do it in a place where if you drop a little piece you'll be able to find it pretty easily.