Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Moved into Layton house last night. It's so quiet here vs our old place in LA. Still working on best solution for bugs by back door. Should be an hour from cottonwoods and basin/pow mow. Looking forward to the winter and local days. Down the street from sils and a smiths. Also a temple on corner but there just people too.
    Did you end up with a job in SLC? Are you going to get a Basin pass? Let me know if you want to get a MTB ride in before winter starts.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Sweet! Check out Antelope Island, it's rad (I think at least) to run / trail run / bike / etc
    When it's not bug season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    When it's not bug season.
    +1, took half the ride home to get the flies out of my car. The buffalo were relaxed, but the bugs are light torture in the physical sense.

Seriously, those flies will straight-up murder you.

But the buffalo are so cool

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Sup brahs,

I am 95% sure I am leaving Dixie for a job in Ogden.

Decided im def living in SLC though. Found a cheap place to land for a few months in Murray for $500 a month.

Is this a strategic error? I can always move to sugarhose/downtown/a headier neighborhood in a few months after I get a lay for the land.

Any good places to watch SEC football in the fall? Is there a strong Southern expat community in the valley?

Also whats the deal with good live music. Saw String Cheese was just in PC this past weekend I think, but when it comes to getting good Jam bands/blue grass in the area what is the word??

Gracias

Ogden to SLC is a bitch of a commute. Murray is ok. Most of the live music is around downtown I think.

Can't go wrong for $500/mo though, as long as you aren't stuck in a year lease.

Pm skiATL
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Just so you know, most people here think "Dixie" is Southern Utah.

I did the SLC=>Ogden commute for a couple years, but my wife works in the SLC area and I was able to limit it to maybe 3-4 days per week. Murray is a reasonable place to land for $500.00.

Going north in the morning is fine. Commuted from 80 to 15 to 84 for a few weeks. Now in Layton. An hour to all resorts at most. 35 to basin. Lots of music and shows in slc and some in Ogden. Good economics and awesome backyard
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Pm skiATL
    SkiATL is my best friend from childhood so I already got his take, wanted to hear what the rest of the SLC TGR brahs had to say

Snowbasin or Pow Mow?

Ended up being able to live rent free with my new boss in an in law suite in Ogden for a few months so unfortunately have to ski up there for the remainder of the season.

Skied snowbasin pre olympics as a grom and remembered it being a little run down.

Obv they have changed that but in terms of terrain and snow quality what is the best option for a pass for the remainder of the saison??

Well I love pow mow and with new acreage it's really uncrowded for the most part. Parking is really there issue and the road. Either way can show you around there on Saturday if you want. Then go to basin and compare maybe.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Pow mow skiing on the road. Watch for plows

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Snowbasin has some good terrain. Powmow for fun backcountry lines & more low key atmosphere. Nothing wrong with spending winter in the Ogden area mountains. It's all good skiing this year.

I still haven't gotten together with whyturn yet this year. Been traveling a lot and I'm out of town for the next two weeks. Sirheady and whyturn, let's get together for a drink when I get back in town and plan the second half of winter.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Snowbasin or Pow Mow?

Ended up being able to live rent free with my new boss in an in law suite in Ogden for a few months so unfortunately have to ski up there for the remainder of the season.

Skied snowbasin pre olympics as a grom and remembered it being a little run down.

Obv they have changed that but in terms of terrain and snow quality what is the best option for a pass for the remainder of the saison??
    Season's half over. Snowbird usually starts selling their spring pass in early March. Significantly cheaper/better snow/longer season.
    You don't want to be spending weekends in your new bosses inlaw. Road trip till the spring pass kicks in.

Yea absolutely guys. I'll be up there first week of March and trying to shred as much as possible with the TGR dudes and get a good ski group going.

Whats the coolest (non LDS) neigbhorhood in SLC that will be most conducive for a commute to Ogden. I'll be working at Ogden Jet Center

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Yea absolutely guys. I'll be up there first week of March and trying to shred as much as possible with the TGR dudes and get a good ski group going.

Whats the coolest (non LDS) neigbhorhood in SLC that will be most conducive for a commute to Ogden. I'll be working at Ogden Jet Center
    Somewhere near Liberty Park is probably a good call. Relatively easy access to I 15, rent shouldn't be too expensive.

But I would also consider the old part of Ogden off of 25th. It's not as cosmopolitan as SLC, but it's cheaper, it's walkable/bike-able, and there is a little bit of live music, a good local climbing and MTB scene, etc. I did the commute you're thinking of for a couple years, and it gets old. But everything in life is a trade off, and I think the commute from the Liberty Park area to that part of Ogden probably isn't over 50 minutes in the car on most mornings.

yea and coming from Atlanta 50 min aint no thing

I'll be out there March 14.

Has Snowbird released their spring pass yet? Any word on how much$$$?? Whats the best pass option for late season skiing?

Haven't seen anything from the Bird regarding spring passes yet. I would say it is your best option this year since they should be open till at least memorial day!

They announced it a couple days ago. $579 from 3/1 onward.

https://tickets.snowbird.com/seasonp...aWvkL/wFUvhw==

Anyone looking to hit up snowbird this weekend?