Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I am finally escaping FL for good!

I'm outta here! Moving to CO this month and starting a new job... holy shit that happened fast. So fucking happy I just felt the need to share.

Fuck Orlando!!!!!
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Congrats

How does one travel with a raptor?
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Please refer to the Seattle vs Denver thread for updated information on how you should feel about your decision to relocate to Colorado.

Yes, Colorado is terrible, way too crowded, I'm sure you'd be happier staying in Florida.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Congratulations! The day I drove my car loaded with everything I needed for a new job in Montana was one of the happiest days of my life. I was not even up here a day when I decided that I would not be returning to Tejas. Screw that hot hell hole. Leaving FL will be one of the best life decisions you've ever made. If you ever long for the beach or the ocean, it's only a plane ride away. I get my fill of the that once in a while and then I'm like "nope" and am always so happy to get back to the mountains. I <3 not sweating my balls off all year long. Also SOOOOOOO nice not having to take a vacation to go skiing.

Another one bites the dust. So it is me and Hook left? Any other FL mags? Wasn't somebody still in Titusville?

Can't really blame you. Orlando is hell. I really like my part of FL though. I did the CO thing for a while back in the day. Congrats, you will love it. Just don't move to Broomfield. You thought the FL cookie cutter suburbs were bad? Wait till you see that shitstorm. I'm not even sure how people find their house there. Hope Thelonius likes the altitude.

My brother taught for ten years at Dr Phillips High, in a constant state of misery. How bad? For him moving to Muncie IN was a little slice of heaven...

good luck!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Just don't move to Broomfield. You thought the FL cookie cutter suburbs were bad? Wait till you see that shitstorm. I'm not even sure how people find their house there. Hope Thelonius likes the altitude.
    West side of Broomfield is much better now, lots of new townhome development. Worse places to live, for sure. But yeah, point taken.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Another one bites the dust. So it is me and Hook left? Any other FL mags? Wasn't somebody still in Titusville?
    Still here and happy. But like you, I live in a pretty cool place and have a boat.

Actually, Fort Lauderdale kinda sucks but we make the most of it and are in Stuart all summer.

Would love to see an Orlando vs. Denver thread

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Would love to see an Orlando vs. Denver thread
    have you ever lived in Orlando?
    :shudder:
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Ha. No. Spent a week there for work once, pretty sure a sinkhole there one of these days will open the gates of hell.

Thanks all! For now I will be crashing with my brother in Boulder, then my GF and I will be looking for a place when she finishes school in May. Looking at Longmont... Prices aren't bad in Broomfield but meh, we'll see. Not a fan of the cookie cutter deal.

Nothing could be worse than the density and congestion I've already dealt with here. I've spent a fair amount of time in the Denver area, and every time I'm there I'm blown away by how much space there is - that's the perspective I'm coming from.

As for the feathered friend - he's going back to the wild as I won't be set up to keep a hawk. Might have to take a break from falconry until I can get settled in but missing a few seasons won't kill me. It'll all be worth it to be rid of this mosquito infested swamp they call a state. I'll even get to ski this winter, fuck yeah!
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    have you ever lived in Orlando?
    :shudder:
    It is the worst place I have ever been, let alone lived. It's been crushing my soul.
    -Aldo Leopold

No matter how much we bitch about the front range your life will become exponentially better. Congrats to you.

Hit me up for a drink when you get to Boulder- I live next to Avery.

I'm around like 50% of the time until end of June or July when I'm moving to Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    It is the worst place I have ever been, let alone lived. It's been crushing my soul.
    We all have that place in our past. For me it was the San Fernando Valley (shudder). Moved to San Diego as soon as I had a job lined up. I hope you like your move as much as I have. Except for no nearby skiing, (6 hour drive to Mammoth) I have yet to find a nicer place to live year round. But I will keep looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Hit me up for a drink when you get to Boulder- I live next to Avery.

I'm around like 50% of the time until end of June or July when I'm moving to Golden.
    Right on man, will do.
    Last edited by flyandski365; 02-02-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    -Aldo Leopold

If you like Disney World in July, you'll love Vail on Christmas week.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    We all have that place in our past. For me it was the San Fernando Valley (shudder). Moved to San Diego as soon as I had a job lined up. I hope you like your move as much as I have. Except for no nearby skiing, (6 hour drive to Mammoth) I have yet to find a nicer place to live year round. But I will keep looking.
    Yeah looking forward to putting it behind me. Only thing good about this place is it's where I met my amazing girlfriend.
    -Aldo Leopold

I'm outta here! Moving to CO this month and starting a new job... holy shit that happened fast. So fucking happy I just felt the need to share.

Fuck Orlando!!!!!
    Yay! Congrats!

Thanks all! For now I will be crashing with my brother in Boulder, then my GF and I will be looking for a place when she finishes school in May. Looking at Longmont... Prices aren't bad in Broomfield but meh, we'll see. Not a fan of the cookie cutter deal.

Nothing could be worse than the density and congestion I've already dealt with here. I've spent a fair amount of time in the Denver area, and every time I'm there I'm blown away by how much space there is - that's the perspective I'm coming from.

As for the feathered friend - he's going back to the wild as I won't be set up to keep a hawk. Might have to take a break from falconry until I can get settled in but missing a few seasons won't kill me. It'll all be worth it to be rid of this mosquito infested swamp they call a state. I'll even get to ski this winter, fuck yeah!
    Congrats on escaping FL. I did a stint there for a a year and half and couldn't wait to get back to CO.

If you do end up looking in Longtucky shoot me a PM.

Can't really blame you. Orlando is hell. I really like my part of FL though. I did the CO thing for a while back in the day. Congrats, you will love it. Just don't move to Broomfield. You thought the FL cookie cutter suburbs were bad? Wait till you see that shitstorm. I'm not even sure how people find their house there. Hope Thelonius likes the altitude.
    didnt laseranimal move to Florida from VT?

Fuck Orlando!!!!!
    Congratulations. Florida is the worst state in the Union not just for the weather, but for the disproportionate amount of schemers, dreamers and generally trashy fucks that migrate there to find their own easy living paradise. I sweat every tank top loving dirtbag from the northeast will eventually wind up there.