Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well that sandstone is not exactly red.

Not exactly not red either.
    Can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting a building made of red sandstone up in the 05401.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Questions... I have many but let's start with one that I've been curious about for a while now:

What would the climate of Washington be like if the Cascade mountains weren't there? Would all that moisture just cruise on by and head to Montana? And to that end how many states would be effected? Would the Hoh rainforest still exist? Would eastern Washington still be arid?

Every night when I watch the weather on the local news and you see the break at the Cascade crest I wonder about this.
    Given that the Hoh in in the Olympics, I'm going to say it would still exist even if the Cascades didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting a building made of red sandstone up in the 05401.
    Same in the 80301. Maybe that's why our malls are the same.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Same in the 80301. Maybe that's why our malls are the same.
    Same designer if I am not mistaken?

Yes
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Questions and answers

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    did something else change with google image search? I used to be able to copy and past the url from pics but now I keep getting a link instead, which makes it impossible to use as a pic on here as far as I can tell. It could be safari doing it I guess. is there any easy workaround? or has anyone else noticed this at least?
    Email pic to yourself, copy the url

Or, save photo to your phone, and post it to forum from there
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

How much cheese is too much cheese? Just went to town on a container of cheddar curds. Urp.
    There is no such thing as too much cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Given that the Hoh in in the Olympics, I'm going to say it would still exist even if the Cascades didn't.
    Yeah.... you're right that would be true. Nevertheless I'm still curious as to how both western and eastern Washington's climate/flora would change absent the Cascades.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    There is no such thing as too much cheese.
    plus de fromage!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It is an interesting question. There's no doubt that a lot of moisture would still stream through the region off the Pacific, particularly in the fall/winter/spring, but orographic enhancement would be greatly diminished.

My postulation is that the area would still be relatively moist, but that precipitation would be distributed more evenly throughout the region. East of the current crest would be wetter than it is, areas west of the crest but not near the Cascades would probably have similar precip to what they do now, and places like North Bend, Darrington and Glacier would be drier than they are now, with precip totals more similar to the Puget Sound lowlands.

Would the Olympics, Coast Mountains of BC and the mountains on Vancouver Island still exist in your hypothetical? If so, I believe that you would still get Convergence Zone enhanced precip downstream of the Strait, so that may become an even more significant driver of localized variations in precip.

Yeah.... you're right that would be true. Nevertheless I'm still curious as to how both western and eastern Washington's climate/flora would change absent the Cascades.

plus de fromage!
    Most likely west WA would still be at, just not as wet and a mixed coniferous/deciduous first would extent well into eastern WA and into ID/ MT until it hit the next mountain range, i.e Sun Valley would get more and wetter snow. Since there would be no rain shadow the Yakima desert wouldn't be.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It is an interesting question. There's no doubt that a lot of moisture would still stream through the region off the Pacific, particularly in the fall/winter/spring, but orographic enhancement would be greatly diminished.

My postulation is that the area would still be relatively moist, but that precipitation would be distributed more evenly throughout the region. East of the current crest would be wetter than it is, areas west of the crest but not near the Cascades would probably have similar precip to what they do now, and places like North Bend, Darrington and Glacier would be drier than they are now, with precip totals more similar to the Puget Sound lowlands.

Would the Olympics, Coast Mountains of BC and the mountains on Vancouver Island still exist in your hypothetical? If so, I believe that you would still get Convergence Zone enhanced precip downstream of the Strait, so that may become an even more significant driver of localized variations in precip.
    Well glad that’s figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What if the Pacific current reversed itself and created a giant vortex just off the San Juan Islands?

...give that a thought for a minute.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Questions and answers

plus de fromage!
    You might want “encore du fromage”

If my memory serves, “plus de fromage” means “no more cheese”
    (Despite the lack of “ne”)

apporter le fromage
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Do people in the Southern Hemisphere say they’re going up south or down north?

No. Source: grew up in Oz

Ah, that’s too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    No. Source: grew up in Oz
    Do people in oz have yellow brick roads?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    You might want “encore du fromage”

If my memory serves, “plus de fromage” means “no more cheese”
    (Despite the lack of “ne”)
    No I meant I ate too much
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Why is it called "diamond painting" when neither diamonds nor paints are involved?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

No I meant I ate too much
    Well then, my apologies for my French[man]-splainin...

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Well then, my apologies for my French[man]-splainin...
    I tried to type in my best Cheese Nazi voice but obviously that was lost in translation.

Can/will any self respecting vet euthanize a healthy animal for no other reason than the owners request?

My psycho mother in law has it written into her will that her dogs be euthanized when she dies.

Fucked up.

To be buried with her in her Crypt?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Can/will any self respecting vet euthanize a healthy animal for no other reason than the owners request?

My psycho mother in law has it written into her will that her dogs be euthanized when she dies.

Fucked up.

Viet Nam vet or Gulf War vet?
    Sorry, just thought of the Ali G skit where he goofs on the veterinarian confusing them with war vets. Funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWDP_ew8HqQ