Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Reminds me of this classic scene:

That clip is exactly how it was at the water park. Except John Wayne was a white 20 year old camp counselor and the boy was a young black girl who had never seen open water before. And there were lots of young, extremely attractive female lifeguards standing around in high-leg cut low neckline, low quality, nearly see-through TYR red Baywatch style swimsuits. And the male lifeguards who weren't distracted by the sea of eye candy around were too busy to dive in and save the drowning kid because she most likely had shit herself in the tube flume.

But other than that it was exactly like that clip.
    I still call it The Jake.

No big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That clip is exactly how it was at the water park. Except John Wayne was a white 20 year old camp counselor and the boy was a young black girl who had never seen open water before. And there were lots of young, extremely attractive female lifeguards standing around in high-leg cut low neckline, low quality, nearly see-through TYR red Baywatch style swimsuits. And the male lifeguards who weren't distracted by the sea of eye candy around were too busy to dive in and save the drowning kid because she most likely had shit herself in the tube flume.

But other than that it was exactly like that clip.
    I laft
    watch out for snakes

Questions... I have many but let's start with one that I've been curious about for a while now:

What would the climate of Washington be like if the Cascade mountains weren't there? Would all that moisture just cruise on by and head to Montana? And to that end how many states would be effected? Would the Hoh rainforest still exist? Would eastern Washington still be arid?

Every night when I watch the weather on the local news and you see the break at the Cascade crest I wonder about this.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Questions... I have many but let's start with one that I've been curious about for a while now:

What would the climate of Washington be like if the Cascade mountains weren't there? Would all that moisture just cruise on by and head to Montana? And to that end how many states would be effected? Would the Hoh rainforest still exist? Would eastern Washington still be arid?

Every night when I watch the weather on the local news and you see the break at the Cascade crest I wonder about this.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I don't have to be that old to not care.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Why is it a WHITE house?
    "Can't you see..."

Because the British torched it in the War of 1812 so they painted it white to cover the burn marks and they just kept it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Because the British torched it in the War of 1812 so they painted it white to cover the burn marks and they just kept it that way.
    What color was it before?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Burnt ember

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Burnt ember
    harr

Thought about asking ice for a picture of the place since he could've been there at the time. But then remembered that the camera wasn't invented till 1816.

hmmm, makes you wonder. I would think no rain forest but decent rain spread over the area until next physical block. To get rain on the plains you need rapid heating (summertime cook up humidity) or cold front passing by. East CO / West KS is dry as fuck, no humidity as Rockies squeeze out the rest of what moisture from Pacific. Moisture from gulf starts to mix with cooler air around east KS and thats about where things start to green up.

EA CO / West KS is very much like EA WA. And both of those climates fuck with my allergies in the worst way.

Why can't you kiss a hooker on the lips?

Teal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I believe it's built of sandstone like the Smithsonian so it was a reddish color. The fact that it was stone is why it didn't burn completely down but it got pretty well gutted I understand.

I believe it's built of sandstone like the Smithsonian so it was a reddish color. The fact that it was stone is why it didn't burn completely down but it got pretty well gutted I understand.
    Reddish.

I might use that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

It used to be called The Reddish House? That’s interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Reddish.

I might use that.
    Well that sandstone is not exactly red.

Not exactly not red either.

Well that sandstone is not exactly red.

Not exactly not red either.

When construction was finished, the porous sandstone walls were whitewashed with a mixture of lime, rice glue, casein, and lead, giving the house its familiar color and name.

When construction was finished, the porous sandstone walls were whitewashed with a mixture of lime, rice glue, casein, and lead, giving the house its familiar color and name.
    Maybe they called it the off-White house?

The storm that put out the blaze a couple days later probably didn't help the damage any either.
    All this wonton destruction because Col Campbell couldn't control his sadistic side in the raids in Upper Canada.

On August 24, 1814, during the War of 1812 between the United States and England, British troops enter Washington, D.C. and burn the White House in retaliation for the American attack on the city of York in Ontario, Canada, in June 1812.

the color ... off white
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

How much cheese is too much cheese? Just went to town on a container of cheddar curds. Urp.

did something else change with google image search? I used to be able to copy and past the url from pics but now I keep getting a link instead, which makes it impossible to use as a pic on here as far as I can tell. It could be safari doing it I guess. is there any easy workaround? or has anyone else noticed this at least?

desktop or mobile?