Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Questions and answers

Post your questions and answers here. Some questions don't really need their own thread. So post them here and let the mags answer 'em for you. Sure, you could google that shit yourself, but you're either too stupid or too lazy to sort through all the info on the google. What you want is for somebody to spoon feed you the answer right here.

So, I'll start. My Kitchenaid stand mixer is not happy. The entire head of the unit moves around clumsily when I mix thick stuff and there's some oil leaking out of the part where the head meets the body of the mixer. This is one of the mixers that the bowl lifts up instead of the head tilting up and down. Professional 5 Plus model if it matters. What should I do with it? Mixer is ~10 years old and sees pretty regular use. Do they rebuild these things?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I think you should use it as a sex toy so there will be a new meaning to 'beating off'.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yes they rebuild them. Kitchen aid does and so do others.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Are you a chick ?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Are you a chick ?
    Nah man, I'm a dude. All day long. Was mixing lard and butter into fresh masa for tamales. It ain't sinking fence posts in the back 40, but it's still good honest work.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

The red ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I think you should use it as a sex toy so there will be a new meaning to 'beating off'.
    Attaching the chin strap might be tricky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Attaching the chin strap might be tricky.
    I thought you said duct tape works well for you.

The people who owned the house I bought last Fall left behind a full sized futon sofa. I tossed the mattress but kept the frame and now need to buy a new mattress - the kind that folds into a sofa like this:

I know nothing about these things - what do I want? What do I look for? Do I want one with springs? The one I tossed had springs. It's just for an extra emergency bed and will probably hardly get used even for a couch.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The people who owned the house I bought last Fall left behind a full sized futon sofa. I tossed the mattress but kept the frame and now need to buy a new mattress - the kind that folds into a sofa like this:

I know nothing about these things - what do I want? What do I look for? Do I want one with springs? The one I tossed had springs. It's just for an extra emergency bed and will probably hardly get used even for a couch.
    Never heard of a futon with springs - sounds more like they scrounged a hide-a-bed mattress and put it on a futon couch frame. Always hated any of those hide-a-bed mattress. Rather sleep on the floor. Love a quality futon mattress however (usually a cotton fibre fill IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Yeah what you want is called a "futon". They don't have springs in my experience.

We got a cotton/latex mattress for our Futon. Weighs a metric fuckton, but it's insanely comfortable.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    Never heard of a futon with springs - sounds more like they scrounged a hide-a-bed mattress and put it on a futon couch frame. Always hated any of those hide-a-bed mattress. Rather sleep on the floor. Love a quality futon mattress however (usually a cotton fibre fill IIRC).
    Nope - was a futon and yes they come with springs:

10-inch Loft Full-size Inner Spring Splendor Futon Mattress

Premium quality Bonnell innerspring and thermo-bonded polyester batting ensures maximum body support and weight distribution. Its nylon cord tufted design avoids lumping and shifting of the inner material for additional durability while the quality cotton batting outer layers provide additional durability and resistance to wear and tear.

Medium to firm structure provides great body support
    Multipurpose futon works both as a sleeping mattress and as a sofa for maximum versatility
    Fits any standard full-size wood or metal frame for beds or futons
    Lay it flat or fold it to store it easily when you don't need it
    Features 13" of materials compressed to loft at 10" to ensure remarkable pressure relief and resistance
    5" of pre-compressed long-staple and linter garnetted cotton batting compose the sturdy and heavy outer shell
    4" of thermo-bonded polyester batting provide lasting memory and comfort
    4" high 288 coil 13-gauge premium quality knotted Bonnell Innerspring evenly distribute weight and pressure without producing squeaky noises
    23 nylon cord tufts keep the filling firmly in place, preventing it from lumping and deforming
    Available in black, burgundy, hunter green, khaki, natural off-white and navy blue colors to match many decor
    54"W x 75"L
    Weighs 60lbs

I stand corrected. But then I suppose the lines are becoming more blurred like most everything else. We are sleeping on some Danish memory foam mattress, dormeo, that calls its inner structure an octospring, but is 100% foam.

Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread if you answer your own question, right? You should take the bad info given and accept it as undeniable, god given, etched in stone truth. Consequences be damned.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

What's the smart prop bet for this weekend's Super Bowl?
    I still call it The Jake.

springs in futons isn't a new thing, I worked in a furniture store in the early 90s and we had them (though I think they were new back then). No idea if they make it better, I always wondered if they were a bit gimmicky.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What do you bring to work for lunch..?

Low prep effort required or will remain edible a long time after prep
    Can withstand several hours unrefridgerated
    Doesn't need reheated
    Does not include bread
    Not too messy...

Too bad TGR doesn't have a resident mattress salesman.

Salad.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Cruiser, you just need to replace the grease. Just google Kitchen Aid Mixer Leaking Grease and you'll see how to do it. After spending $15 on Amazon for the grease it took me 30 minutes to change it out. Pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Too bad TGR doesn't have a resident mattress salesman.

Salad.
    he probably doesn't bother with the lowly futon.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    What do you bring to work for lunch..?

Low prep effort required or will remain edible a long time after prep
    Can withstand several hours unrefridgerated
    Doesn't need reheated
    Does not include bread
    Not too messy...
    meat and cheese rollups (sort of like a sammich with no bread or condiments). Fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    he probably doesn't bother with the lowly futon.
    Benny?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Benny?
    montanaskier. Come on Bmills, you're supposed to be a Padded Room expert, and you don't know who our resident mattress salesman is?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    montanaskier. Come on Bmills, you're supposed to be a Padded Room expert, and you don't know who our resident mattress salesman is?
    Shit. Was it at least Benny who was shopping for one? There's only so many flipped Honda Pilots a guy can fit into his head before he starts losing space for the important stuff. Like mattress experts.