Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Another Worshington win would be the Washington Trails Association and the website. http://www.wta.org
    NWHiker TRs > WTA TRs

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Traffic? I was talking about fuckheads.

Just avoid highway 2 from highway 97 to Leavenworth when the 206'ers are in town for oompa music. If you want to avoid fuckheads in general, just stay out of Leavenworth. Seattle has been exporting trustafarians en masse lately it seems.
    Ha! You don't even have to avoid Leavenworth, just make sure you're not going east on Friday or west on Sunday.

Creamy windbuff everywhere at the Windy Hill today. Just me and 100 of my close friends.

Interesting thread, given that I was born in Denver and have family in CO, but was raised in WA. Also lived in Portland for several years. Also work at WTA.

Obviously so many personal variables and the grass is always greener, but FWIW, my wife and I chose to buy a home in Seattle and have zero regrets. The good economy is changing the region's character, but the year round access to awesome mountains keeps me grateful. And as a weekend warrior, I couldn't deal with the scenes in that I70 thread.

Love these threads, learn tons from them. If things work out right should be buying in the next 3-5 yrs in the 300k range somewheres out there. Plan to rent out there one season first see how I like it. Don't anticipate needing the big city / job market but it wouldn't hurt.

So far really would like to be proximate to the tahoe area but who knows/may be unrealistic.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    So far really would like to be proximate to the tahoe area but who knows/may be unrealistic.
    There are definitely places within an easy drive of Tahoe where you could swing a decent place for $300k. Much more depends on job/family situation, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

It rains so much in Washington, that instead of grass for their front lawns they grow Moss instead [ among other things] of grass.

The few blue sky days make it worth all the rainy days. Seeing those mountains like you forgot they were there

Quote Originally Posted by bozoparkinson View Post
    It rains so much in Washington, that instead of grass for their front lawns they grow Moss instead [ among other things] of grass.
    The few blue sky days make it worth all the rainy days. Seeing those mountains like you forgot they were there
    Why do people think WA is only on the west side of the Cascades?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    HEH!! same reason Colorado starts at Denver.

Because except for the wsu parties, the gorge amphitheater, and the Colombia river. There's almost nothing on the east side of the cascades

Because except for the wsu parties, the gorge amphitheater, and the Colombia river. There's almost nothing on the east side of the cascades
    Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance is bliss.
    Enlighten this fool then !

Lol. Seriously. Of all places I have been, I would pick Wenatchee area to live. Probably a little west, near leven worth but a bit away from the shit show.

My job pays way less there though.

Seriously, when it snows in town and the sky is clear and the town reflects it's lights on the mountainside...

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Lol. Seriously. Of all places I have been, I would pick Wenatchee area to live. Probably a little west, near leven worth but a bit away from the shit show.

My job pays way less there though.

Seriously, when it snows in town and the sky is clear and the town reflects it's lights on the mountainside...
    This we can agree on.

Ignorance is bliss.
    Awww he's just stirring the pot. Only an idiot would think that and you're not an idiot are you bozoparkinson?

that area is one of my favorites in the USoA as well

I realize it's not considered cool enough for most here but I'm happy with Spokane. Lots to do, good access to skiing, mtb, lakes, golf, all very affordable and not crowded. Traffic is easy, four season climate. I have no real desire for any other spots, especially a bigger city.

TOP DEFINITION
    Spokompton
    Spokompton, AKA Spokane is a stagnant rotting settlement in eastern Washington State near the Idaho border not totally but largely populated by losers of various sorts. Any talented local youth wastes no time escaping Spokompton shortly after high school. Spokompton is so far removed from cosmopolitan Seattle that it more appropriately belongs in nearby Idaho.....or maybe West Virginia.

This depressing run-down armpit excuse of a "city" can only be endured in doses of not much more than three consecutive days before one feels compelled to tear his eyes from their sockets and push needles into his ears while chewing aluminum foil. For those not stoners or meth-heads, there is little to do in this ghetto but watch losers pass by on their way to the convenience store for another couple of 40s.
    Pretty much lines up with what my friend who came from there told me. I sometimes fly there to drive up to Nelson area.

OK! Consensus is Washington!

Everyone should move there.

...but tbh seems like an ok place in terms of uncrowded outdoor rec.

Spokane gets a bad rap. Its not spectacular, but its good enough. Is the skiing super rad? no. Are you a super rad skier? No, Is there fun trees, steep enough terrain, good, cold snow often enough near by, is it way less crowded than many more rad places? Yes.

That pretty much goes for all Spokane. It has decent of a lot of things and the best of very few. That's not really a bad thing.

So True

I torn out a whole section of front lawn and moss down to the dirt last fall and resoiled and reseeded grass. I just notice this week that the thin spots are full of moss again. Never ending game.

Seattle for win!!

I was hoping Denver would win

Icing on the cake was reading about the Rocky Flats. Half of Denver is a nuclear waste dump.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radi...y_Flats_Plant#

Washington has Hanford but at least that's in the middle of nowhere.

i'm lookin forward to moving back to Spokane when i'm in settle-down mode. it's pretty fuckin sweet to not sit in lift lines nor traffic. also the lake scene is spectacular. job market is improving, as is the meth quality. can't change the people, but there are shitheads errywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Spokane gets a bad rap. Its not spectacular, but its good enough. Is the skiing super rad? no. Are you a super rad skier? No, Is there fun trees, steep enough terrain, good, cold snow often enough near by, is it way less crowded than many more rad places? Yes.

That pretty much goes for all Spokane. It has decent of a lot of things and the best of very few. That's not really a bad thing.
    Spokane has that awesome river running right through it and of course there are the Zags!