Thread: Holy Sh*t

Holy Sh*t

Wife calls me earlier this afternoon, as she's walking our kids home from school her and another mom/ kids were part of an attempted child abduction. All ended well with the kids but they didn't catch the person.

When she told me I had my office door open and I actually said fairly loudly "are you fucking kidding me". Still haven't really stopped shaking since she told me, probably the most nerve racking thing I've experience and I wasn't even there.

get that Candy!!

Where?

Asking so I might be able to get the "couldn't happen here" feeling even thoughts I know that is false.

Dallas suburb so a metro area but don't think that really matters.

Shit still gives me the creeps.

Fuck that shit. Glad your family is safe. If you feel like sharing details I'm sure we'd all be interested, but also maybe find something in there that we can pass along to our wives/kids/families to keep in mind
    I still call it The Jake.

Fear, fucking hits home. Family core fear really does it

Few years ago, fuck head neighbor killed a killed a kid (details suck) and never was so full of fear in my life for family prior to capture, vibes man!

Back in 2004 my wife and kids were in the car behind the one in this story. Could just as easily have been them. Crazy shit. Glad you're family's okay.

Jesus. Fuck this thread.

Glad all these stories had a happy ending.

Thanks assholes, now,I won't sleep tonight. Can't tell you how many times I laid in bed thinking someone would get a ladder,and come through my daughters window and take her...primal,fear of being a parent I guess.

Glad everyone is ok.

Yeah shit is scary...the kids were only 20' in front of my wife and the other lady when the car drove up. She said it happened so fast she couldn't even remember a make and model of the car much less plates.

Glad no one has had the actual thing happen, I couldn't imagine a worse thing for a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by sherpahigh View Post
    Jesus. Fuck this thread.

Glad all these stories had a happy ending.
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Yeah shit is scary...the kids were only 20' in front of my wife and the other lady when the car drove up.
    Jesus, that's pretty fucking brazen.

A similar situation has happened 2 or 3 times in my neighborhood. A white van tried to convince some teenage girls to get in it. Luckily they were smart enough to run away. I am glad my stepdaughter has at least all grown up and moved away from college for at least these situations. I am raising my nephews right now, and if somebody were to kidnap those clowns, I am fairly certain they would give them back.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

My sister was at a busy playground. A man was talking to my sister, asking questions about where to eat and stuff while the young girl that was with him kept trying to get my nephew to go play with her, away from my sister. She wouldn't let my nephew out of her site, and broke off the conversation with the guy. She watched the guy, and saw him huddle up with the girl and another lady, pointing kids out, then going to talk to another mom. He apparently tried to do this with several moms and kids, and people started getting suspicious. One lady took his picture and posted it on her Facebook page. In less than an hour, he had been identified as a recently released pedophile, and the word spread. Some lady saw him at another playground and called the cops. Word is he ended up going back to the pen for some parole violations.

I try hard not to be overbearing with my kids, particularly when it comes to playing in our neighborhood, but when you hear shit like in this thread, it makes it hard not to worry. My kids were playing on our back yard, which is bordered by some woods. My daughter and son come running to the front yard, my daughter saying there was a shirtless man watching them, who ran when they noticed him. After some questioning, she admitted that "it might have been a deer". Pretty big difference. It almost certainly was a deer, but now I get worried every time they go play in the back yard.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Wife calls me earlier this afternoon, as she's walking our kids home from school her and another mom/ kids were part of an attempted child abduction. All ended well with the kids but they didn't catch the person.

When she told me I had my office door open and I actually said fairly loudly "are you fucking kidding me". Still haven't really stopped shaking since she told me, probably the most nerve racking thing I've experience and I wasn't even there.
    Ok, who did you cross? Russian mob? Gubmit? Mexican Cartel? Are you a money launderer or a whistle blower?

Edit: Ok, that sounded much better in my head. ++++vibes++++ and glad everyone is ok.
    Last edited by riser3; 01-29-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Probably a gang of snowboarders. Move to Alta. Problem solved.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.