Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks a lot for the valuable information!

The new Hoji boot could be on your radar.
    The Hoji Boot has the anatomy of a F350. Fits like a big old box.
    This. They're have a 103mm last in a 27/27.5. Had my feet in a pair earlier this week. Superb lock-up mechanism and the tour mode range of movement is huge.
    The new Hoji boot looks good (except for crampon compatibility). What about instep-height - does the buckle-strap create a lot of pressure on the instep area?

As other have said, just buy something that can be punched if you have access to a decent boot fitter (which it sounds like you do since you're talking about heat molding the shell). Buy the one with the best heel hold for your foot and have a fitter make them wide enough.
    Well - my method is archaic - I use a heatgun, an infrared-thermometer and piece of wood (which shape has a remote similarity to my forefoot) - so starting with an (almost) fitting shell would be my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    The Hoji Boot has the anatomy of a F350. Fits like a big old box.

If you want an anatomical fit go with the HawX. It went from 100mm at toebox to 110mm to fit my flippers. That with a combo of Memoryfit and punch

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    My source said " Very similar fit to my Maestrales, a little big in the heel/ forefoot for me, the hoji mech is amazing " which sounds like a well articulated bucket that wouldn't fit my foot

not that I'm in the market but form what I have read I think I would be looking at the Hawx ... you didnt steer me wrong last time!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

In my experience the right bootfitter can get pretty much any 97-98mm boot to fit a 110mm wide forefoot (I do it several times a season for my own boots, and I'm about 111mm including bunions), assuming overall forefoot and midfoot volume of the shell is adequate. A Memory Fit heat mold and several punches made the Hawx Ultra XTD fit like a glove.

If you are looking for something that comes closer out of the box, the TLT7/Hoji Pro both are roomy, as is the Cosmos II, Dalbello Lupo AX 120, and upcoming Head KORE 1 G. Haven't worked on a Hoji Pro, but the rest all take punches well.

assuming overall forefoot and midfoot volume of the shell is adequate.
    This was an issue with my F1's. It was hard to get enough width without taking away too necessary height. Balance was found but it took a couple tries.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    It was hard to get enough width without taking away too necessary height.
    That's something a lot of people with high volume/wider feet don't really understand, they just read the forefoot width numbers and look for the biggest ones without thinking about modification possibilities. A quart container will always be a quart container - you can alter the shape of the container, but you can't turn it into a half gallon container.

You almost always lose some toebox height when you punch radically for width - with some of the newer thin touring boots (Maestrale RS/F1 and MTN Lab come to mind) you can go back afterward and heat the edge of the tongue opening and actually push it back into shape with a gloved hand, but you still need room over the toebox to work with. The new Head boot is nominally only a 100mm last, but it's very tall over the toes and will give bootfitters a lot to work with for wider feet. Full Tilt Ascendant is another very roomy fit for 2019.

^^^^^ Yeah, non issue on my (older) Maestrale RS's. Much more toe height than F1's even after I trimmed the F1 boot board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app