Thread: Line Pescado

Line Pescado

So Eric hasn't skied the Sanouk yet?
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/0...y-eric-pollard

Yeah. Sanouk drilled a bit forward.....

But these have rocker in the nose
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

wonder if it comes in a 193cm.

Sanouks with a bit of taper? Could be fun

OMG is the the first time a pow ski has been designed to be skied forwards? Fuck sake, what a stupid blurb in that vid.

Skis look fun though! Available in a 200 I heard?

K2 is re-introducing asymmetrical sidecut so why not have Line re-introduce an old Volkl ski? Re-packaged reruns.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

So, someone that is known for ALWAYS landing or riding backwards "designs" a directional ski? I don't get it
    that whole video was him buttering and landing switch, except for when he holds or hikes with this new ski

I guess it could be related to his injury.

But yeah, what's old is definitely new again.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

I didn't get that video either, but the skis look interesting. Saying it's the same as a Sanouk is a bit disingeneous; there are a million twin tip skis out there, but they aren't the same. Lots of swallowtail surfboards with vastly different characteristics. Line should post some footage showing the Pescado doing what it's designed to do.

While I appreciate his fluid style, I've never been a fan of any of Pollard's designs. Now to say that he's the new authority on directional powder skis is humorous. Especially that this is some new innovation. "No one is making a ski like this"...yep...they already made it and when they stopped selling PTEX1 flooded TGR with them for $199.

Come to think of it, a repeat of that might not be so bad!

I liked the EP Pro. Some of his other designs were pretty cool.

This one has me scratching my head - for all the reasons mentioned by others above. It feels almost like he's either kind of lost his way or he is just reading a marketing script for a ski he is unlikely to use of his own volition. Heck, as also noted by others - half the video was him skiing switch.

The new asymmetrical Praxis whatever-it-is-called and K2 Marksman both seem to be experiments using what has been learned the past decade. Including some of the stuff Pollard arguably pushed out there. It'll be interesting to see how they play. This one - it really does seem like a very direct Sanouk descendant. ???? Or I could be wrong and something about this design will prove to be amazing. For now, it seems backward looking to me.
    Last edited by spindrift; 01-29-2016 at 04:21 PM.

So, a prophet 130 with out the twin?

19-m radius, 180-cm length. Powder skis for Hobbits.

A softer Elan 1111
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Regardless of whether it's new or old (I thought of that old Salomon ski above the Czar that had the plastic-covered swallowtail), it's a fun-ass ski. This was my takeaway after skiing it at the SIA demo:

Outrageously fun. In pow, tail sinks a bit with the deep swallowtail so you can weight the front of the ski more naturally, tons of float, effortlessly slarving and slashing or snappy back to back turns as long as your weight isn't on the tail (centered or forward = money). For a ski 125 in the waist, it was very, very light and incredibly quick side to side in the tight pumptrack-style tree runs at Copper. Once back on the groomer, put your weight more into your heels and engage the fairly long and surprisingly stiff tail and you could arc really fine groomer turns. Very nice job, Pollard.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

From that description it sounds like a skinnier Comi.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Ordered a set. Even though I live in probably the driest resort in Western Canada, I deserve new skis. Excited to take these for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Ordered a set. Even though I live in probably the driest resort in Western Canada, I deserve new skis. Excited to take these for a spin.
    Kimberley?

I'm coming out cat-skiing in Revy early March - let me know if you are bored with them by then, and I will happily take them off your hands for a weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Kimberley?

I'm coming out cat-skiing in Revy early March - let me know if you are bored with them by then, and I will happily take them off your hands for a weekend...
    Haha! Ok not that bad... Marmot Basin. Kimberley doesn't need as much snow as its not that rocky.

Almost all of Lines powder skis are designed by Pollard. Problem being, symmetrical pow skis suck unless you're riding switch a bunch. Fine for one model in the lineup, but EVERYTHING????.......except this ski. Max length 180??? Let's take a niche sport, with a niche clientele, and narrow that to a bunch of short people skiing short skis. It's frustrating. Please bring back the 130

I'm over 200lb, generally ski 190+ skis with ~30m side cuts and I wanted one of these about 30 seconds after I saw one. In a 180cm.

Know what else helps a powder ski to sink in the snow? A pintail design... and it's almost surely more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Almost all of Lines powder skis are designed by Pollard. Problem being, symmetrical pow skis suck unless you're riding switch a bunch. Fine for one model in the lineup, but EVERYTHING????.......except this ski. Max length 180??? Let's take a niche sport, with a niche clientele, and narrow that to a bunch of short people skiing short skis. It's frustrating. Please bring back the 130
    Supernatural 115 192cm

if you watch the video drunk its a lot cooler.