Hahnenkamm eats ACLs

It's a bloodbath. (hard to watch)

Is there any place to watch the whole thing online?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Is there any place to watch the whole thing online?

so how many wrecks of world class skiers does it take before it becomes a design issue?

The entire race was a mess, including the broadcasting. Nbcsn and nbc extra both cut away before they even showed the top 12.
    The two they stopped the race after 30 went. Old rule was if 60 % of the field didn't run or finish they would call it.
    Funny thing is the Austrians were begging the race director to call it after Svindel crashed. They wouldn't. Austrian speed team is decimated right now.
    Svindel is out, Hirsher is now overall points leader with Kjansrut close behind (I think).
    Sl was pretty impressive, Chodunsky had a good race as did Tim Kelly.
    And of course Henrik Kristoferson crushed.

These guys clearly have the wrong bevels. Hope their tech's have good e & o insurance

sweet course though

On a side not, 5 of the guys who qualified for second run are or were collegiate racers.
    Nordbotten, Philp, Lysdahl, Tim Kelly, Chodounsky

bummer
    watch out for snakes

Wow. Look at the ski that stayed on in on that first video.

Delammed! The Streif was too much this year.

Unofficial has a video showing the 3 crashes overlapped: http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/0...hes-overlapped
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    so how many wrecks of world class skiers does it take before it becomes a design issue?
    It's the hahnenkamm. The course isn't changing....conditions might be fucked up, but the course is the course.

So the course isn't altered in any way? I recall a women's wc race? When they groomed too big a rise near the finish that took out several women pierson? The worst. I thought after her wreck they shaved the roller. I assumed the acl eater would be the same in terms of slight alterations are to race. Not rerouting the entire course.

They've been racing there since the 30's, been on the WC since its beginning, they would never allow a new course like it but it's the granddaddy of them all, for good reason. The light was fairly good for the first 10-12 guys then slowly deteriorated by the time the later of the top ten were running. Race officials spoke to Svindal after he walked off the course, dunno what he said but they still continued
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    The entire race was a mess, including the broadcasting. Nbcsn and nbc extra both cut away before they even showed the top 12.
    The two they stopped the race after 30 went.
    I got up at 3am to watch the Eurosport feed, great stuff, never bother w CBC here in the Canada. Waste of time to watch any WC with a North American feed
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

It looked like there was a bit of a bump just before the bottom of the compression. The skiers soaked up the bump but didn't have anymore to give at the bottom of the compression leaving them to bottom out and get tossed. Seems to me, that little bump which could have been flattened with a bit of grooming was the culprit.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

That's what I thought

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It's the hahnenkamm.
    What's the uphill policy?

In case Profane ever visits and want to skin up it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

A guy I know, Cory Murdock, crashed at Kitzbuhel in 1979, nearly ending his ski career. He just posted his crash on FB with a further note that he's now been diagnosed with CTE. Tough sport. Here's his video from then.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

jesus. the guy who hit the tree/pole/whatever at :13 is dead i assume.

The Hahnenkamm puts so-called "extreme" skiing to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    It looked like there was a bit of a bump just before the bottom of the compression. The skiers soaked up the bump but didn't have anymore to give at the bottom of the compression leaving them to bottom out and get tossed. Seems to me, that little bump which could have been flattened with a bit of grooming was the culprit.
    There are hundreds of these and one could argue line should have adjusted. The hausburg jump is as knarly as it gets. Ive been on the course, they dont groom it, its boot packed then slipped. Scary as fuck all the way down.