Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    High Profits is a great show to watch college kids bumble around a multi-million dollar biz.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

When watching Archer, it helps to have a device ready to look up some of the extremely obscure references. It gets better with each season.

Better Call Saul is on Netflix now. Slow start, but I'm really starting to dig it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    High Profits is a great show to watch college kids bumble around a multi-million dollar biz.
    I was totally intrigued the first few episodes, particularly given its a production of CNN. Unfortunately it turned into a typical reality TV show by the end of.the season with stupid editing, etc.

doughboyshredder Guest
    ZNATION !!!!!!!

The Fall looks pretty good so far.

Really liked eris alba's (sp? Guy from Beasts of No Nation) cop show. The show 's name is escaping me now, but I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Wrong forum, jong!

Seriously, there's a huge thread in the movies/music/books forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    The Fall looks pretty good so far.

Really liked eris alba's (sp? Guy from Beasts of No Nation) cop show. The show 's name is escaping me now, but I highly recommend it.
    Luther (Idris Elba)

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I was totally intrigued the first few episodes, particularly given its a production of CNN. Unfortunately it turned into a typical reality TV show by the end of.the season with stupid editing, etc.
    The Culture High is good.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

watched Cooked this weekend. Not bad

Yet another "was that not epic?" vote for Archer. Though the Archer Vice season was sub-par, in my opinion; had its moments, but sub-par.

If you somehow haven't seen Breaking Bad yet, drop everything and do that first.

The Unbreakable Kimmy is a lot of fun. Lightweight, somewhat absurdist fun, worth the watch.

I've heard Bojack Horseman is good, but was unimpressed with the first episode I checked out; may give it another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I've heard Bojack Horseman is good, but was unimpressed with the first episode I checked out; may give it another chance.
    I really like Bojack. If you're expecting a laugh riot, you're going to be disappointed. It's funny, but it's pretty dark overall.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post

Better Call Saul is on Netflix now. Slow start, but I'm really starting to dig it.
    And it sure isn't speeding up right now in season 2

Not a Netflix series but Bronson with Tom Hardy. Loosely based off a true story. Very Clockwork Orange like. Fucking crazy, great acting, and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I ended up really liking Bojack. The writing is actually really good and the continuity is among the best I've seen in a show. Cheap animation, but great voice acting makes up for it. Lots of little details you'll pick up on throughout the show. Definitely a dark show and it ended up being far deeper than it seems from the outset. Give it another shot (with an open mind though) and you might end up pleasantly surprised by the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    And it sure isn't speeding up right now in season 2
    Definitely not as mind bendingly WTF as Breaking Bad, that's fo sho. However, WTBS, last night was pretty good. Mike's story needs telling.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    However, WTBS, last night was pretty good. Mike's story needs telling.
    Definitely down with that. Basically the only reason I'm still watching.

Not Netflix but look out for BBC series of John le Carré novel The Night Manager it'll be on AMC soon.

Just started watching it last night (via torrent) and it's excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

+1 for Sense8
    __________________________________________________ _
    "Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Not Netflix but look out for BBC series of John le Carré novel The Night Manager it'll be on AMC soon.

Just started watching it last night (via torrent) and it's excellent.
    This really is a superb series Got delayed watching more of it until the weekend..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Not a Netflix series but Bronson with Tom Hardy. Loosely based off a true story. Very Clockwork Orange like. Fucking crazy, great acting, and awesome.
    Loosely based??
    Bronson sent him his own fucking mustache to wear for the movie.
    I would say is more than pretty close.

Netflix series recomendations

that fall and happy valley are keepin me entertained these days. I wish I could understand the fuckers a bit better, though.
    Last edited by shroom; 05-11-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Just finished with Peaky Blinders seasons 1-3. I give it 5 1/2 out of 7 stars. Cillian Murphy (Batman series) does a really good job portraying a gang's leader in Birmingham, England post WWI.

*not a Netflix series....BBC

Luke Cage is pretty awesome. Really dig the aesthetic and how it ties into the Daredevil and Jessica Jones series. I didn't finish Jessica Jones when it came out because I got a little bored with it, but since it ties in heavily with Luke Cage, I'm more interested in finishing it now. Obviously, these are super interesting if you are a comic book nerd, but also pretty entertaining if you are not.
    27° 18°

Anyone watching Penny Dreadful? Just started it - pretty cool to have a genuinely scary horror series that's not ironic or making winking references to the audience. And the cast is amazing - Eva Green and Timothy Dalton are great in the first couple of episodes, looking forward to more.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

^^^ We just started season three; great series.